Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

Feather wasn't able to answer her question before a new development occurred.

"Hmm?" Cumulus interjected as if seeing something he didn't understand. "Hold on, I don't know what's happening now. I can't see them any more." After a few seconds, he added, "The assassin is dead."

Patch then came limping back into view, nursing a gash on his left shoulder. He looked to be in pain, but he had clearly won.

"Barely made it." He said as he sat down next to the candle. Most of the eyes were looking on him.

"Winner of the the second match: Patch." Tricis announced, making it official.

Jade perked up at Cumulus's new announcement, tilting her head at it. "How could he...?"

She gasped as she heard that the assassin had died, and Patch returned, slowly limping and sporting a gash in his shoulder.

"How did he...?!" She muttered, staring at the colt in shock.

She looked up at Feather and whispered. "Do you think...?"

• Brohoof 1

@@DarkusX,

Gilda got slightly upset as she raised her voice, "Hey." But Falza had turned the corner already, it wasn't worth the effort to get him either, that would be done in the arena.

Gilda smirked, thinking about the pony. If he wasn't going to be nice then she wouldn't either. Perhaps he'd come around after a good flank whoopin'. She walked through a set of double doors and disappeared into the dark, concrete walkways under the stadium that would lead her to the armory. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Unicorncob,

"I'm not sure." Feather answered. "I can usually sense things very well too, but I don't know what happened in that fight. It's possible that the assassin was strong enough to make him reveal his true form."

Tricis didn't offer any clues. She seemed particularly unphased.

"Alright, let's move on to the next match." Tricis said. "Ember Strider versus Cumulus."

"I've fought Royal Guards before." Ember boasted before she stepped into the darkness.

"This time will be different, I think." Cumulus said before following in after her.

"They always have to talk first." Tricis muttered. She turned to Feather and Flash. "I've got a feeling this is going to be a short one. You two should get prepared."

• Brohoof 1

@@- Aethergem -, @@Unicorncob,

Feather wasn't able to answer her question before a new development occurred.

"Hmm?" Cumulus interjected as if seeing something he didn't understand. "Hold on, I don't know what's happening now. I can't see them any more." After a few seconds, he added, "The assassin is dead."

Patch then came limping back into view, nursing a gash on his left shoulder. He looked to be in pain, but he had clearly won.

"Barely made it." He said as he sat down next to the candle. Most of the eyes were looking on him.

"Winner of the the second match: Patch." Tricis announced, making it official.

"Heh. Nice match... probably." Dazzle had another match to wait through until she could fight Feather. Her first fight against a pony was going to be great, as the next match better be just as epic as the last, even if she slept through it.

She was pumped to try to watch a fight in the dark, and she began humming a short song as the battle began.

She stared back at Tricis. "Of course we should!" She stood up, her tail swaying. Her first fight, and it was beginning in Celestia knows how long!

Edited by - Aethergem -
  • Brohoof 1

"I'm not sure." Feather answered. "I can usually sense things very well too, but I don't know what happened in that fight. It's possible that the assassin was strong enough to make him reveal his true form."

Tricis didn't offer any clues. She seemed particularly unphased.

"Alright, let's move on to the next match." Tricis said. "Ember Strider versus Cumulus."

"I've fought Royal Guards before." Ember boasted before she stepped into the darkness.

"This time will be different, I think." Cumulus said before following in after her.

"They always have to talk first." Tricis muttered. She turned to Feather and Flash. "I've got a feeling this is going to be a short one. You two should get prepared."

Jade nodded, taking another glance to the colt before whispering to Feather, "Keep an eye on him, see if he does anything strange."

It looked like it was Ember's turn next, and against the Royal Guard. That would prove to be an interesting match.

"Heh. Nice match... probably." Dazzle had another match to wait through until she could fight Feather. Her first fight against a pony was going to be great, as the next match better be just as epic as the last, even if she slept through it.

She was pumped to try to watch a fight in the dark, and she began humming a short song as the battle began.

She stared back at Tricis. "Of course we should!" She stood up, her tail swaying. Her first fight, and it was beginning in Celestia knows how long!

She smiled to Flash. "Good luck to the both of you! Try to only incapacitate each other, okay?" She requested, feeling rather bad about the assassin, despite his questionable life choice, was laying dead inside that cave.

• Brohoof 1

@@- Aethergem -,@@Unicorncob,

After a few minutes of waiting around the candle, not seeing or hearing anything, there was a blue flash of light and a thunderous booming sound that echoed through the cave.

Cumulus returned, seemingly uninjured. The hairs on the left side of his head were charred.

"I was hoping not to have to use that technique." Cumulus groaned.

"Winner of the second match: Cumulus." Tricis announced. "Next match: Flash 'n' Dazzle versus Feather Weave."

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails , @Unicorncob

Flash took steps out of the light before standing in front of Feather Weave, or, at least, where she thought he was. She glared at where she thought Feather was. "Alright, Feath. One on one. You think you can even stand a chance against Flash 'n' Dazzle?" She was about to finish her thought, but she realized she was talking to a wall. Dazzle trotted back to where she should've been standing a while ago, feeling rather embarrassed. She hoped her senses wouldn't fail her.

• Brohoof 2

After a few minutes of waiting around the candle, not seeing or hearing anything, there was a blue flash of light and a thunderous booming sound that echoed through the cave.

Cumulus returned, seemingly uninjured. The hairs on the left side of his head were charred.

"I was hoping not to have to use that technique." Cumulus groaned.

"Winner of the second match: Cumulus." Tricis announced. "Next match: Flash 'n' Dazzle versus Feather Weave."

Flash took steps out of the light before standing in front of Feather Weave, or, at least, where she thought he was. She glared at where she thought Feather was. "Alright, Feath. One on one. You think you can even stand a chance against Flash 'n' Dazzle?" She was about to finish her thought, but she realized she was talking to a wall. Dazzle trotted back to where she should've been standing a while ago, feeling rather embarrassed. She hoped her senses wouldn't fail her.

Jade shielded her eyes from the bright flash, and saw Cumulus emerge into the light with charred hairs on his head.

She swallowed, secretly hoping that Ember was only unconscious.

She smiled up at Feather, who had been the closest thing to a friend she had in this group. "Good luck."

She heard Flash's boasting, but had the feeling Feather wasn't that offended by it.

• Brohoof 1

@@Tacoma,

Falza continuesly walks along the hallways almost reaching the open field. He already had been prepared physically and mentally for this, so no worry trying other activaties to make sure victory would by chance be his. Falza would kindly wait for his opponent, noticeing Gilda havnt been following.

• Brohoof 1

@@Unicorncob,@@- Aethergem -,  

Feather faced Flash perfectly in the pitch black darkness. His spiritual awareness wasn't as strong as Cumulus or Tricis, but he was able to sense flash fairly well at that short distance. He unsheathed his wooden sword from his belt and held it in the fetlock of his right front leg.

"Are you prepared? Once we start, I wont stop until I've won." He warned. "Whatever that entails."

• Brohoof 1

Feather faced Flash perfectly in the pitch black darkness. His spiritual awareness wasn't as strong as Cumulus or Tricis, but he was able to sense flash fairly well at that short distance. He unsheathed his wooden sword from his belt and held it in the fetlock of his right front leg.

"Are you prepared? Once we start, I wont stop until I've won." He warned. "Whatever that entails."

Jade sat in the candlelight and stared into the darkness, hoping that Feather would be okay in there. He was a capable fighter, but darkness was not an easy arena to fight in.

Her eyes slowly scanned toward Patch's direction, having the most suspicion that he was this shapeshifting creature. She'd have to keep an eye on him.

@@Unicorncob,@@- Aethergem -,  

She snorted and crouched down, waiting for the first strike. She wasn't going to be beaten by this stallion! She could totally win this match. "I am very prepared"

Dazzle was less prepared than in her fight against the imps. She couldn't tell where her opponent was, even.

• Brohoof 1

@AmberDust@J.R.

Erroria tilted her head up in uncertainty. A good magic suppressor , anything above what was for beginning foals, was incredibly expensive. But, the mare was so pretty...

"It's only five bits,"she said to the mare with a smile. "Uh, I think there's some kind of training place around here somewhere..." she said, leaving briefly, and coming back with a map.

"Here you go!" She said with a smile, holding the map in front of the mare. While she did so, she turned slightly on her cloud, and smiled happily at the stallion as well.

"Soul jars cost 70 bits each, if you want one."

-------

@Tacoma@Unicorncob

Lyra gave the two a defeated look. It was hopeless, in her eyes; she couldn't possibly give a performance worthy of any praise to them, and she knew it. But, even now, in the face of her own doubt, she still couldn't say no to her friends.

"Rarity's supposed to be out today. Some kind of meeting. If you're done, Minuette, we can go now," she offered, gently slinging her lyres up and behind her with her magic as she faced the door.

-------

@J.R.

Sandwiched between both Ice Blizzard and Anette's dolls, Nightingale let out a bitter sigh. She was outnumbered, and outgunned, and Ice Blizzard, judging from the look in his eyes, seemed to be the type of pony to carry out on his threat. She actually winced slightly at the threat; being "skewered like a rotisserie fish" didn't appeal to her interests in the least.

"Fine," she muttered simply after a moment of silence, throwing both wings up in a sign of defeat. "I'll go do something else with my time." She took off, out and underneath the spikes, and began to move slowly through the air. "Maybe join government, or the police..." she said sarcastically, rolling her eyes as she flapped out of view.

As she disappeared, there was a brief crack of air, and Hero popped into view in front of Ice Blizzard, still wearing it around his neck. Anette walked up to next to him after as well, smile returning full force, and the rest of the dolls followed silently behind her.

"I'm guessing that belongs to you." she said as she looked at the necklace.

-------

@Tacoma

Luna was cradled in Night Tracer's embrace, and strangely, she found that she had no more tears left to cry. She simply couldn't; the feeling of peace was overwhelming her, drawing her mind into the warmth. She couldn't explain it. but she felt... safe.

I'm so sorry," she repeated again,breathlessly, a with a sound like shattering glass, the illusion broke down completely. Luna's form shifted and blurred for a moment, before suddenly, it was the true princess of the night returning Night Tracer's hug.

"I'm so sorry..."

-------

@The Down Trotten@Star Saber

Celestia stopped as she heard a sound from behind her, like chains rattling across a graveyard, She threw herself to the side, and moments later, the massive paw of the Ursa came down, flattening the area she had just been in. Celestia came to an abrupt stop in her roll, then paused briefly in astonishment; the Ursa easily dwarfed all of the,, even her, several times over.

"Get clear," she began to shout to the rest of the group, but it seemed orders were already being called out. As she drew her own weapon, a solid gold longbow that glinted beautifully even in the darkness, she could see that they were being followed with some success; Sunset Shimmer had attracted the bears attention with a burst of flame, and was now leading it away from everyone, while Trixie stood a ways away, flashing a variety of colorful its into its eyes to keep it confused.

Celestia pulled her bow into position, then called out softly over her shoulder.

"Philomena...help them."

The phoenix,who had been riding her shoulder for the entire trip, suddenly responded with a loud caw. As it flung itself at the Ursa, its body burst into streaming flames, and it began flying confused loops around the bears heading, keeping it further distracted.

Celestia watched the bear swat ineffectually at Philomena for little less than a moment. Then, she tightened the bow of her weapon, and with a small flash, a solid white arrow made of pure light appeared over the bow. "Chrysalis." she called out painfully to the changeling queen, struggling to even hold the force of the weapon with so much magic lost. "Three shots. I need them to hit."

• Brohoof 1

@@- Aethergem -,

I see. She hasn't developed her spiritual awareness. Even so, I shouldn't hold myself back.

Flash heard hoofsteps tapping on stone, beginning directly in front of her, then moving to her left side. Feather leapt forward with his wooden sword in hoof before unleashing a flurry of strikes on her. Each strike that made contact created a yellow spark. His sword was enchanted, mostly to make it more effective against demons.

@@Fractured,

Ice watched as Nightingale flew off, keeping his threatening gaze as she left, "Yeah, you better run." He looked at Anette, and back at Hero after he appeared in front of him. He smiled, "Hehe. Well, no. You see, this thing belongs to Rarity. She's been working hard on it for the last few months or so. But regardless of the fact that it's hers, simply the fact that so much work was put into that, just for it to be stolen? Not on my watch."

Ice gently removed la clochette from Hero, and nodded at him. He then turned to Anette, "Well, I guess I hit two birds with one stone: Got Rarity's thing back, and had a good fight. Today's a good day." He made an ice chain, and attached la clochette to it, putting it around his own neck. He then draped his scarf over it, to keep it hidden. They weren't touching due to handing from his neck, but they were hidden from sight, "But you guys. Wow. You guys did a great job. I mean, Hero, Nightmare, all of you! Ya'll was amazing. You should feel good about yourselves. You too, Annie."

He gently pat her on the back, "Damn good control. You should be proud of yourself too. Heh, and now that we've run off that crazy one, I don't think she'll be bothering you again soon." He then let go of Anette, "Anyway. I'm heading straight to Rarity to give this back to her. I'm sure she'll be happy to get it back, and I better get to her ASAP. You guys wanna come with me, or do you still need to go to Will?"

-------------

@@Fractured, @@AmberDust,

Axton managed to briefly crack a smile before returning to a neutral expression, "I guess I'll take one." He paid the filly 70 bits, and took a jar, "Thanks. I guess I'll be going now." He turned, and left the shop, with the jar, and a new ideal.

• Brohoof 1

@@Fractured,

The disguised Changeling nodded "As you command your highness." She tried to keep appearances up, even if she didn't know who she was trying to fool, one could never be two careful. 

That bear has got to fall for those arrows to do anything...  she looked around for what was available.

Her answer to her question came directly at her head as the chains attached to this beast whizzed at her. Barely having time to jump away she swiftly stopped one with her magic (something that had been slightly under the weather lately) and she felt the strain instantaneously. Seeing the earth pony standing mostly idea, she, under a lot of deress ordered "Brown one! Help me out here!" where it lacked in grace it made up for in succinctness. 

rhetoric groaned and realized he would have to make his necklace improve his strength if he wanted a hope for lifting that massive chain.  Muttering the words as he picked up his end he nearly doubled over "hmmf what now?!!"

Chrysalis would have sighed if her situation had allowed it, at this ponies lack of foresight "Run you fool towards its legs!" with a heave the two of them sprinted, chain in hoof, towards the monsters legs, hoping to make it trip.

Edited by The Down Trotten

@Literally Snails

Every hit, except two, when she put up a shield, did spark the golden glow, with Flash feeling the cuts each time. The pony had a sword. Great.

She fired back a shot at his hooves at fired three more at his chest. These could easily be dodged, but Dazzle skidded back, holding on. She wanted to try a different attack - hopefully without causing the cave to blow up. She wanted to try wood versus laser.

• Brohoof 1

@@Fractured,

Night Tracer stayed rested upon Luna's shoulder, no longer crying but still shaking; it wasn't as much as before but nonetheless, shaking. He laid quiet--coddled by Luna's embrace--his thoughts were no longer racing, the walls had widened once more and the air had thickened. Leaving him in silence, calm like an infant just put to rest.

Even though he was calm he still kept his eyes shut, sewn together with an iron pin, laced with nylon, durable and unable to wither. He yearned to look into Luna's bright, cyan eyes but they--they were unpredictable, intimidating, whereas the darkness was reliable, solitude was consistent. He'd be on his own, with nothing; sweet nothing. But idle time, even though the darkness was reliable his imagination was not; spasmodic and wild. Leaving him to fend himself from his menacing fears. Memories formed in the darkness, etched into his eyelids like engraving in stone. He shuddered, being reminded of all the hell and pain. 

Night Tracer squeezed her tighter, as nasty thoughts engulfed him. He wanted to look at her eyes but he was scared--What would he see? The lifeless chill of his mother's eyes; unmoving and cold? Or, the glare from his father; hysterical and insane, loose like a maniac, Perhaps the innocent look of his sister. the one he turned away from. The sorry magenta eyes--dazzling like pristine amethyst, pure, clean cut at the surface, but buried beneath was hard rock, easy to shatter, even easier to wisp away. The grim looks of his past, jolted him.

He pushed back and opened his eyes to meet Luna's. They were nothing as he imagined--not lifeless, not crooked, not synthetic but they were tired--just like his. His mouth twisted slightly upwards and he sighed; relieved. 

He embraced her once more but this time his head was next to hers. He whispered into her ear, "I forgive you..." Only to echo it once more, inaudibly, "I forgive you.." And with that he disappeared, reappearing into reality--eyes wide and his spine tingling

Edited by Tacoma

@@- Aethergem -,

Feather didn't have time to dodge the blasts. The first one, he smacked with his wooden sword, something that wouldn't have worked if it hadn't been carved out from an ancient tree that grew from absorbing magic. He dodged the second blast, but the third one struck him in the chest, sending him careening back into the darkness where he managed to land on his hooves.

I'll need a moment to recover. I'm safe from her back here. She can't sense me.

@J.R.@Orion Caelum

Anette blushed slightly at Ice Blizzard's barrage of compliments. She also flashed him a sympathetic smile; she really hated disappointing her friends, no matter what the cause was

"I'm glad you got your necklace back, and i'd love to go with you, Except..." She paused briefly as Glory settled down on her head, softly staring at him. She looked up at her for a moment, then looked back down and began again.

"Except I really need to go and see Wilhelm. I've kept him waiting long enough, and knowing him. He's probably taking our fight out on himself. He needs to know that everything's alright," she finished with a small smile. "But, thanks for the help. And good luck getting that back to Rarity," she finished as she looked down at the softly glowing gem.

-------

@Tacoma

Rarity stopped looking at Twilight, and broke out into an enthusiastic smile when she saw Sweetie Belle; she had been distantly wondering where the filly had gone off to ever since they had first arrived at Bangcolt, and she hadn't expected her to show up here, of all places.

"Sweetie! Sweetie Belle!" she called out to her sister, simultaneously waving the filly over and walking closer to her. "Where have you been?" she asked with concern as she walked closer.

-------

@Tacoma

Applejack looked at the deed kn Big Mac's hooves, and her eyes lit up. Another plot of land meant more money for the Apple family, and it was always good to have business in other areas

"Well Big Mac, that's fantastic!" she called out. "I've been trying to get some spot in this city for some time now, but I hadn't had any luck so far. Thanks," she said as she walked forward to hug him. After a moment, however, she stepped back from him, eyes looking up at him curiously

"But, if we have a deed here, Big Mac, who's taking over this place? We can't run this place and Sweet Apple Acres at the same time..."

-------

@Star Saber@The Down Trotten

The bear attempted to snap at Philomena, crushing her. But the phoenix weaved between each clap of the jaws gracefully, pecking at its eyes and face with every opportunity, and it drove itself into a frenzy trying. It was so concerned with its actions that it didn't notice those around it; as it took one enthusiastic step forward, it tripped over the chains, falling face-first in front of Rhetoric and Chrysalis with a loud crash.

Celestia saw her chance, and she fired; the solid white bolt of the arrow streaked through the space towards its target, sparking in fits of gold and yellow. But the bear quickly recovered, standing up on its back legs and flinging the chains skyward, and the arrow missed. Instead of hitting the skull, like Celestia had intended, it instead passed through its right paw, which exploded into black mist and faded away. The bear howled in pain, but, already in the air, it didn't change intent. Instead, it prepared to come back down to the ground with an shattering crash. Celestia saw it, grimaced, and prepared to take another shot.

-------

@Tacoma

Luna embraced Night Tracer, but for a long while, she did so silently. She had heard the words spoken from his mouth clearly, and they set little fires under her heart, warming her up from the inside. But, it wasn't enough; just as much so, she also felt the guilt of her actions weighing her down, preventing her from repeating the words. So, she didn't; she simply held onto him, until, after what felt like an eternity, she let go, staring softly at him.

"Night Tracer... how did you get here?"

@@Fractured,

Ice nodded, "Alright. Like I said before, nothing is ever perfect. Including relationships..." he looked down at the gem, scoffing at his own thoughts, "But that's what makes us ponies. We learn from what we do, and we do our best to fix it." He gave Anetter a hug, "You've already taken a good step, and that's separating for a bit. You guys still need your own space to cool off, and you've done just that."

He let go, and started to walk, and then stopped, "Which is why I'm doing the exact same thing once I give this back to Rarity..." He apparently wasn't looking anywhere in particular as he started to frown and shake his head. "I've got a lot of work to do..." he turned back to Anette with a serious expression, "You find Will and do your best. Hm. I know you will."

After sighing, he looked down at the gem once more, and grew his usual silly grin, "You got this, girl! I got faith in ya! Bye, Annie, Glory, Hero, Heartthrob, and Nightmare!" With that, he was gone in a flash of icy dust, skating his way down the street to find Rarity, "Don't worry....I gotcha..."

As the chains flew sky high , Chrysalis being far more trained was able to dodge the slithering chain easily, Rhetoric on the other had felt its cold metal kiss across his face, sending him flying back. to both the changeling Queen's surprise and to the ponies, Rhetoric got up. The necklace was working wonders Of course once I have to go back to normal.. he stopped himself from thinking about it any further and just focused on controlling the pretty little lights that seemed to be dancing around his head.

Chrysalis grumbled, having temporarily lost a resource. Seeing the bear going for yet another ground pound, the Changeling heaved a heavy sigh, it was time for a gambit. Sprinting to where she calculated the paw would land, she focused her magic on her horn, making it hard and extra sharp. "You better be ready to fire your highness!" 

@@Fractured,

Edited by The Down Trotten

(edited)

( @@Fractured, )

Ice kept moving. He eventually made it to Rarity's house, and was very worried. The fact that she was robbed could mean anything, so he was more than willing to find out, "Better make this quick before I get spotted."

He then quietly walked into the house, and looked around the rooms/ Apparently, Rarity wasn't there. "Hm...." he felt the doorknob on his way in, "It's not cold, so that means Rarity more than likely, has just left here. And based on how Nightingale was moving around, it seems as though she didn't get very far either. Hm."

Looking around, Ice snuck all the way around to the refining room. He noticed where la clochette actually went, made hhis ice chain disappear from it, and put it back in it's refining place, "There. Hopefully this'll recharge by the time she gets back, and won't notice a thing." He began to think heavily for a moment a he sat down, "Whew. How far am I willing to go just to save something for someone? I mean, damn.That fight almost tired me out. Hm. Rarity may never know of what just occurred. But at least she won't have to worry about anything."

He got up, and after securing Rarity's gem so that it would not get stolen again, thought he heard a noise, "Shit, gotta go!" After getting up, Ice ran back outside, and closed the door, looking as calm and collected as possible, "Yuh, contact down!" He then looked at his scarf, "Gross. It's covered in blood, sweat and tears. Literally. TO THE LAUNDROMAT!"

He began to ice skate to the laundromat in town, and shouted, "YAHOO! ON THE MOVE!" before getting there.

Edited by J.R.

Fluttershy listened intently, trying to focus on Dran although it was hard to do with the constant sniffling and bawling, not to mention spasmodic, horrid, thoughts. She couldn't fathom the words Dran spoke, "You can bring back my animals?"   She gasped and panted, trying to pick herself up to see him; she had to, with an offer like the one presented how could she not be interested? "Bring them back? How?" She cried, ignoring the offer of Dran. She wanted to know how, she had to know how. 

Though just barely, Dran managed to contain the grin that was trying to force itself upon his face. Standing up tall and pulling away from her ear, he backed away slowly, in the direction of her animals' shades. He was more than prepared to offer his explanation. but whether or not she would accept, well... Dran could easily just find another way to obtain the information that he needed.

" It is fairly simple. An offering, of flesh once animated. You see, I have the knowledge and prowess required to not only reanimate what was once living, but I also possess the power to create differing amalgamations from deceased tissue... A power that is dearly payed for. In short, I can reshape dead creatures into any form I wish. Say, if you were to take me to a graveyard for ponies, then I could use their remains and leftover flesh to remake the bodies of your animals. Afterwards, I can thrust the ghosts of your animals into the bodies, and it will be as if this never happened. Completely restored, with little to no change whatsoever, save for an easily remedied circumstance, of which I can explain once more, if you would like me to."

@@Unicorncob

Viruden only cocked his head to the side, and stared down at Tyra as he snorted heavily, his great breath, almost equal to the winds of an E1 hurricane for the briefest of moments. Afterwards, with the gnashing of teeth, came a smaller, lighter cackle from the great bear. 

" You honestly believe that you could contend with the unbridled wrath of a fully realized Ursa King, little one? Lorec may be mighty, but in the end, he is the same as you; mortal. Mortal bodies are not meant to contain the power of a primal, no matter how strong they may be. That being said, with the limits that you all have, my true strength can only be attained if my champion willingly throws his life away to temporarily bring my physical vessel back. And before he could even do that, he would have to awaken...."

His gaze shifted to Lorec, and then slowly nodded at him. Lorec nodded back towards the great bear, and Viruden spoke to Tyra once more.

" Which appears to have already happened during his battle with you. All pettiness aside, the real reason I am here, is to thank you for getting my thickheaded champion to let go of the past, so that he may realize his true potential as a keeper. With all that he had built up inside of him, he could not enjoy the hunt like he once did... And what you did really is no small feat. You bested a keeper, with only your own strength. That is a feat worth being proud of."

Viruden then looked over to Lorec, and gave what came across as a large sigh.

" You've been freed of your burden, Lorec, and you have awakened as my keeper. Therefore, I expect you to win in a rematch one day. Is that understood?"

Lorec smiled at the golden ursa, and nodded as he spoke.

" Sure. But one thing. I'M the one in charge and giving orders... UNDERSTOOD?"

" ... You've become a ballsy little shit, Lorec. And I must say, I rather like this new you... You are not as you were before this battle took place... But neither are you like how you were back when we first met. You're balanced. And that's the best way to be."

Viruden, turning his gaze back to Tyra, spoke one last time.

" So... Anything else that needs saying, or am I just wasting my precious hibernation time?"

@@J.R.

Kazas, laughing a bit awkwardly, kept his pace slow, so that he did not have to overexert himself. It actually felt rather comforting to know that Vera would not judge him for his diet as many around Equestria had come to do. Slowing down even more as to walk by her side, Kazas spoke softly, but with a tinge of gluttony in his voice, accompanied by a monstrous stomach growl.

" Well... I was just wondering if there was any place here that served up pony food, along with a delicious bit of fried snake meat. If not, then I can always settle for a more vegetarian option. After all, my main concern right now, is seeing you safe, and in full health." 

Edited by Guts

Viruden only cocked his head to the side, and stared down at Tyra as he snorted heavily, his great breath, almost equal to the winds of an E1 hurricane for the briefest of moments. Afterwards, with the gnashing of teeth, came a smaller, lighter cackle from the great bear. 

" You honestly believe that you could contend with the unbridled wrath of a fully realized Ursa King, little one? Lorec may be mighty, but in the end, he is the same as you; mortal. Mortal bodies are not meant to contain the power of a primal, no matter how strong they may be. That being said, with the limits that you all have, my true strength can only be attained if my champion willingly throws his life away to temporarily bring my physical vessel back. And before he could even do that, he would have to awaken...."

His gaze shifted to Lorec, and then slowly nodded at him. Lorec nodded back towards the great bear, and Viruden spoke to Tyra once more.

" Which appears to have already happened during his battle with you. All pettiness aside, the real reason I am here, is to thank you for getting my thickheaded champion to let go of the past, so that he may realize his true potential as a keeper. With all that he had built up inside of him, he could not enjoy the hunt like he once did... And what you did really is no small feat. You bested a keeper, with only your own strength. That is a feat worth being proud of."

Viruden then looked over to Lorec, and gave what came across as a large sigh.

" You've been freed of your burden, Lorec, and you have awakened as my keeper. Therefore, I expect you to win in a rematch one day. Is that understood?"

Lorec smiled at the golden ursa, and nodded as he spoke.

" Sure. But one thing. I'M the one in charge and giving orders... UNDERSTOOD?"

" ... You've become a ballsy little shit, Lorec. And I must say, I rather like this new you... You are not as you were before this battle took place... But neither are you like how you were back when we first met. You're balanced. And that's the best way to be."

Viruden, turning his gaze back to Tyra, spoke one last time.

" So... Anything else that needs saying, or am I just wasting my precious hibernation time?"

Tyra felt gravity lighten a bit under her hooves from Viruden's snort, his breath nearing the force of a hurricane! She closed her eyes and turned her head to the side in reaction, but stood firm.

Upon hearing the Ursa's praise, however, she puffed out her chest with a smirk practically dripping with pride. "My thanks, Viruden. It was a battle for the ages, to be sure!"

Her smirk turned into a pleased smile from what she had truly done; she had released a proud warrior from a crippling burden and helped him to grow stronger. That felt much better than any sum of bits or ounce of glory.

Her smirk returned at hearing how fiery Lorec had become. If this rematch took place, she would definitely enjoy it.

She stepped forth one last time, looking right up at the gigantic Ursa.

"I defeated your champion, aye," she began, her stern frown unwavering, "but that is not to say it was easy. This fight was the first time in a while I have felt my bones crack! You have chosen your 'keeper' wisely."

Her frown turned into her infamous wide grin in finality.