open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

@@J.R., @,

​Demiro Desertstorm nodded again and asked; "An arena, huh? seems like ponies fight it out for some kind of tournament here, well l would have to check with authorities about this wether or not it is legal, but for now your answer is sufficient. l would have to report back to the castle and have this documented, since l am the messenger of the group of guardsponies that came here to investigate, but when l am done with that l will certainly come back here on my free time. The idea of a contest like this appeals to me and l would probably like to enter it, if that is allowed". He moved over to the side of the table and sat down to properly talk before nodding to the other guard that he should sit down as well.

@@P-Jay,

​Diamond Rustscythe continued with summing up every standard he had to ask on checks he had to do in the towns and cities he visited, so continued with a slight monotone; "Well, l am impressed, l shall have this checked and documented so that this will no longer be a problem. As for the things l need to ask and since you are the captain, Are there enough active guards, is there anypony suspicious or wanted you need to report, has the monthly quota of salaries been handled properly and do you, as a captain of the royal, still aspire to remain in your function, as documented or state any changes to your title for the record?". As he was done with his list he looked up questioningly and gave a knowing smile.

​Diamond Rustscythe continued with summing up every standard he had to ask on checks he had to do in the towns and cities he visited, so continued with a slight monotone; "Well, l am impressed, l shall have this checked and documented so that this will no longer be a problem. As for the things l need to ask and since you are the captain, Are there enough active guards, is there anypony suspicious or wanted you need to report, has the monthly quota of salaries been handled properly and do you, as a captain of the royal, still aspire to remain in your function, as documented or state any changes to your title for the record?". As he was done with his list he looked up questioningly and gave a knowing smile.

Zenru listened with that same blissful expression. 

"Active guards? There's only twelve or so, under my command. Jake and Jerry, they guard the gates. As for...The interior of the city, there aren't many guards. They have to be...Exceptional."

His smile turned rather mournful. 

"...Um...'Normal' guards, per say, don't really last long in here. As for suspicious ponies...Well, a few, really. But there isn't any definitive proof of them doing wrong, so...Can't really do anything, for now. Salaries have been distributed, Jake and Jerry are rather happy with it, as are the rest of the guard. I would like to remain Captain, yes, I'm quite content with my position."

He looked out the window, blinking as the intercom sounded. "...It's truly a wonderful town, for the most part."

(edited)

@@P-Jay,

Diamond Rustscythe nodded and then looked out of the window on the far end of the room, semi-dreamily, as if imagining something. he then turned his gaze back to Zenru and asked in a soft, friendly, non-authoritive voice; "So yeah, ranking duties only take me so long and the free hours l have been given for after work have been dull as of late. They usually consist of being with friends, drinking or going to the pub... or any combination of the three. l am a pony of action, that's why l volunteered to go on this mission. Could l, perhaps, enter into this competition you are hosting here so that my free hours are filled with naked, dancing blades instead of naked, dancing mares?". He looked at Zenru with a semi-solid expression that would bespeak frustration and sadness, both deeprooted, only to the trained eye though.

Edited by Silver Snow

(edited)

@Fractured

Raze went back into the arena lobby, finding the receptionist to schedule the fight.

"See that princess on the screen?" he said, pointing at Princess Luna. He leaned on the table.

"Schedule me a fight with her. Now. Any arena, I don't care where, all I want is to face her. Name's Raze."

Edited by The Sad Manikin Mask

(edited)

@DwhitetheGamer
"I have learned that there are a great deal of ponies out there that I have still yet to meet. And abilities that I have yet to experience. In short, you've taught me to be on my guard, which is something that we must routinely be aware of, even after all of these years of living. It is never easy." Luna watched as the walls of the castle fell around her, to be replaced by the plain blue walls and floor of the bare arena. "I thank you, in kind."

-------

@Silver Snow @J.R.

"Oh, it should be. There's not really any particular qualifications fro being a contestant, save a few age restrictions which i'm sure you more than overqualify for..." Rarity paused, then flushed, realizing what she just said. She distantly waved a hoof. "Not to imply that you're old, or anything! Just that..." She heaved a sigh. "You're eligible. That's all."

-------

"Oh?" The receptionist had been busy filing away papers, but now blinked up at him openly. "Two in one day..." She began to pore through her lists, making sure everything was clear. In the middle, she glanced up. "Are you... sure? It doesn't look like you've had any tournament matches, and the princesses are well..." She stopped "The princesses."

Edited by Fractured

@Fractured

"I don't think I've been more sure about anything in my entire life," Raze said to her with a very serious look. "Look, just trust me on this. I'm more than capable of handling myself against the princesses." He smiled. "And if it turns out I'm not... oh well. I'll learn something from it."

@@Fractured

Copper had a wide smile on him as Luna told him what she had learned.  To think that his idol could learn something from him, he had great hope in his future.  "Your very welcome, Princess Luna.  I shall be off, then.  I hope we can fight again someday."

He went and picked up his sword and trotted to get his scabbard, putting the sword in it and hoisting it on his back before leaving the arena with a happy tune.

@,

Before leaving, though, he caught sight of Raze.  Confused as to why he's here, he trotted to greet him.  "Hi, Raze.  What'cha doing here?  Expecting to fight somepony?"

@DwhitetheGamer

"Yep," Raze said to Copper, waving hello. "Gonna try my hoof at taking on Princess Luna." He looked up the the screen, where it showed the Princess after her recent victory over Copper.

I WILL beat her... he thought to himself, adjusting his katana resting on his back. I have to...

@

Copper looked shocked.  Raze, taking on Luna?  He didn't know what to make out of this, so he said, "Are you sure?  She is no slouch when it comes to fighting, even in my Super form I couldn't beat her, but that was because I ran out of time on it.  If you're completely sure, then you have a big load on your hooves."

@DwhitetheGamer 

"Okay..." The receptionist took a quick leaf through all of the documents, making sure they were correct. Once she was certain, she nodded to herself. "Looks like you're all penned in. I assume that, uh... thatyou wanted this fight to happen as soon as possible, correct?

@@Silver Snow, @@Fractured,

Ice nodded in agreement with Rarity. "Yeah, what she said. It's pretty much legal as long as both combatants are willing to participate. Heck, even the princesses are overseeing the entire event to make sure everything goes right." He smirked, "You ain't got nothing to worry about here, bro. Especially when the princesses and Elements of Harmony fight." He flashed a grin at Rarity, "Even if some of them are very hard to beat, it's worth sticking around for."

(edited)

@,

Copper looked shocked. Raze, taking on Luna? He didn't know what to make out of this, so he said, "Are you sure? She is no slouch when it comes to fighting, even in my Super form I couldn't beat her, but that was because I ran out of time on it. If you're completely sure, then you have a big load on your hooves."

"I'm more than aware she's a good fighter," Raze said to him. "That's why I'll be sure to keep a calm head, and a steady hoof on my gun and blade." He looked at his weapons, then sighed. "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. Besides, I have a few tricks up my sleeve... and I'm not talking about sand grenades or anything like that."

@Fractured

He looked at the receptionist. "Yeah. Whenever she's ready."

@

Copper just blinked at Raze.  He couldn't believe that this one would be capable of beating Luna, much less wanting to challenge her.  "All right.  Good luck, Raze.  You're gonna need it."  He nodded at the receptionist, and trotted out of the arena building, sword still on his back.

@@J.R.

Outside, he decided to check up on who was here, currently.  He decided to go to a cafe to have a drink or two.  He opened the door and took a seat in one of the tables, putting his sword to a side while he waited patiently for someone to get to him.

"Okay..." The receptionist smiled, but then blinked, as a letter magically popped into the air in front of her. As she pulled it down with her own magic, and read it, her eyes opened slightly. She read it twice, then turned back to the stallion in front of her. "Looks like she's ready now..." She shrugged. "Enter the arena whenever ready."

"Okay..." The receptionist smiled, but then blinked, as a letter magically popped into the air in front of her. As she pulled it down with her own magic, and read it, her eyes opened slightly. She read it twice, then turned back to the stallion in front of her. "Looks like she's ready now..." She shrugged. "Enter the arena whenever ready."

Raze nodded, then proceeded to make his way towards the arena. While on the way, he checked his gear, making sure everything was in order. Gun? Fully loaded. Sword? Ready to go. He reached into his saddle bag and took out two sand grenades, strapping them to his belt. He put his bags next to the arena entrance. There wasn't anything particularly of value in them, so he was confident that nothing would be stolen. He took a deep breath and entered the arena, seeing the princess in the distance.

Luna had stayed where she was, awaiting what she had heard would be the next match. As the new stallion walked in, she turned to him. "It is rare that I get a challenge at all. To have two in one day.." Luna blinked, as she looked the stallion over. "You seem oddly familiar..." She stepped forward. "Tell me your name."

Luna had stayed where she was, awaiting what she had heard would be the next match. As the new stallion walked in, she turned to him. "It is rare that I get a challenge at all. To have two in one day.." Luna blinked, as she looked the stallion over. "You seem oddly familiar..." She stepped forward. "Tell me your name."

Raze remained silent for a few moments, then scoffed a little.

"What a surprise..." he said, slowly walking forward. "You really don't remember me, don't you?" He stopped walking, still a good distance from the princess. "You don't remember Raze, your former bodyguard?"

"Raze?" Luna looked at him, peering through him, then scoffed. "No, I don't remember a Raze. Only a pony who, so long ago, thought it fit to pilfer from the royal reserves, and in doing so, lost their title. And the respect of their princess." Luna stood calmly, eyes closed, as the walls of the arena began to shift and blur, selecting the next arena. "May I presume that is why you're here?"

(edited)

@Fractured

Raze took the katana off his back, sheath and all, and strapped it to his right side under his gun holster, with the blade facing upward, Iaido style. He looked at the princess.

"Hmph," Raze said. "I can't believe you would actually take the words of a jealous guard over my own word, the word of a guard you trusted completely and wholeheartedly. Well, it may not have bothered me before, but I've had time to think about it, a lot of time. And now, I'm a bit mad that you would think that of me. So listen up Tiara Girl, I've come back to reclaim my honor, even if that means taking down the princesses I once dedicated my life to serving."

@@Fractured, @@J.R.,

Demiro Desertstorm nodded and seemed once again happy with the answer. He put his elbows on the table and supported his head by the chin while sighing. "Y'know, sometimes l wish l had less work to do, these days are tiring. But now l have something to look forward to, at least. It would be awesome if the princess gave me green light on moving to this town, l know it's a stretch, but... oh well, no shots always miss. l can't imagine they would miss me in Canterlot, thye have enough guards there, heh". He reached inside of his wingpouch and took a bottle from it with a wink. In one fluid motion he opened the bottle and drank one good draught of whatever was inside.

Diamond Rustscythe nodded and then looked out of the window on the far end of the room, semi-dreamily, as if imagining something. he then turned his gaze back to Zenru and asked in a soft, friendly, non-authoritive voice; "So yeah, ranking duties only take me so long and the free hours l have been given for after work have been dull as of late. They usually consist of being with friends, drinking or going to the pub... or any combination of the three. l am a pony of action, that's why l volunteered to go on this mission. Could l, perhaps, enter into this competition you are hosting here so that my free hours are filled with naked, dancing blades instead of naked, dancing mares?". He looked at Zenru with a semi-solid expression that would bespeak frustration and sadness, both deeprooted, only to the trained eye though.

Zenru raised an eyebrow, at him, as the small smile stretched into a grin. 

He moved, to clap a hoof on Diamond's shoulder. "Of course you can, friend! This entire city was built, for that very reason!" He said, with a slight sense of relief underlining his words.

"We'll go register your name, and then you will be free to challenge anyone you'd like--does this seem fair?" He asked, starting to lead him back towards the registration office. 

---

Meanwhile, at the outskirts of Bangcolt, a shrouded pony would be seen making steady progress towards the city. The guards at the gate beginning to launch into their rehearsed speeches about what kind of city Bangcolt is, before being silenced by a cold stare.

"Jeez...Another weirdo..." One of them muttered, opening the gates to let the pony pass in.

The pony in question showed no outwards sign of recognizing the insult...And merely began to make his way inwards, directly towards the main Arena...

@@P-Jay,

Diamond Rustscythe walked a few quick steps to draw level with the other captain and then adopted the same walking tempo, contemplating a few things for himself. "So euhm, taking part in this... contest, tournament, l don't know euhm... does it require me to stay here... like... constantly, Zenru?" he asked in a somewhat hesitant voice. He wanted to stay, but that would mean he had to leave behind all the craft i Canterlot, something he wasn't very pleased with.

​===

​Back at Canterlot Castle...

​"... Yeah, l believe he left yesterday, let me look it up" said the archiver to the white Pegasus-mare standing in front of him. "Here it is, Chief Commander Diamond Rustscythe, Captain Demiro Desertstorm and three privates were sent on a mission to the city of Bangcolt to investigate security and safety there". The archiver looked up to see a worried expression on the mare's face. "He did not tell me a thing and now he left, just like 'that' " she said with anxiety in her voice. She thanked the archiver, turned around and sprinted to the window. Unlocking the window was easy and she jumped through, leaving behind a now equally worried archiver that had to witness his friend run off again.

Diamond Rustscythe walked a few quick steps to draw level with the other captain and then adopted the same walking tempo, contemplating a few things for himself. "So euhm, taking part in this... contest, tournament, l don't know euhm... does it require me to stay here... like... constantly, Zenru?" he asked in a somewhat hesitant voice. He wanted to stay, but that would mean he had to leave behind all the craft i Canterlot, something he wasn't very pleased with.

​===

​Back at Canterlot Castle...

​"... Yeah, l believe he left yesterday, let me look it up" said the archiver to the white Pegasus-mare standing in front of him. "Here it is, Chief Commander Diamond Rustscythe, Captain Demiro Desertstorm and three privates were sent on a mission to the city of Bangcolt to investigate security and safety there". The archiver looked up to see a worried expression on the mare's face. "He did not tell me a thing and now he left, just like 'that' " she said with anxiety in her voice. She thanked the archiver, turned around and sprinted to the window. Unlocking the window was easy and she jumped through, leaving behind a now equally worried archiver that had to witness his friend run off again.

Zenru frowned. "...Well, it is ideal to remain in Bangcolt, as to better learn about the city, and react quicker once a match had been prepared...But it is by no means, necessary. It just might be viewed, as rather rude, once your opponent is informed he must wait for you to come."

"...But your from Canterlot, which isn't that far away from Bangcolt...So in this case, I suppose it would be acceptable. As long as you don't take weeks, to finish business, here in Bangcolt."

He offered that same friendly smile, gesturing to the administration desk, while a small filly that seemed to share his own colors, save for a lighter shaded pelt, bounced up from the chairs.

"Zennyyyyyyy..." She pouted, "I'm hungry..."

Zenru looked from her, to Diamond. "...Apologies, friend, but I must ask if you need anything else, before I go. Maybe a map of the city...?"

@@P-Jay,

​Diamond Rustscythe looked from Zenru to the small pony and smiled at the first as he stated his question. "Yes, a map of the area would be awesome and, if it is not too much to take care of at this moment... a room. l got payment for said room covered, ofcourse and times spent here would probably be longer than times spent back in Canterlot, so that's nothing to worry about either".
Diamond Rustscythe smiled and looked at the small pony before asking with a grin; "So... who might this bedazzling filly right before my eyes be, huh?". He smiled at her, cracking a somewhat friendly demeanor through his battle- and work-hardened face.

​Diamond Rustscythe looked from Zenru to the small pony and smiled at the first as he stated his question. "Yes, a map of the area would be awesome and, if it is not too much to take care of at this moment... a room. l got payment for said room covered, ofcourse and times spent here would probably be longer than times spent back in Canterlot, so that's nothing to worry about either".

Diamond Rustscythe smiled and looked at the small pony before asking with a grin; "So... who might this bedazzling filly right before my eyes be, huh?". He smiled at her, cracking a somewhat friendly demeanor through his battle- and work-hardened face.

Zenru beamed. "One moment." He said, leaving to pick up a few brochures from the front desk, the few that would prove informal to new-comers.

As he gathered them, Yrel had approached Diamond cautiously...

"...You're wearing a costume of my uncle, right? A lot of ponies do that." She stated, looking over his armor, and badge, "Uncle Zenny has a lot of fans, and a few of them have dressed up like him. He doesn't like it, but I think its funny!"

Zenru had started to come back, handing (hoofing?) the brochures to Diamond. "Now, now, Yrel...This is a fellow Captain, just like me." He explained quietly. 

Yrel's eyes lit up. "Ooooooohhh!" She exclaimed, starting to examine Diamond with more interest. "Really? What town? How longs he been Captain? Does he fight like you, Zenny? Is he related to the Swiftwings?" She started asking rapidly.