Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Spoilers]What the buck, spike?

Tenor Clef

I remember seeing a bunch of Spike x Apple Bloom pictures and shipping from a while back, where did that come from?

While Spike and Sweetie Belle are closer in age than Spike and Rarity, neither really knows about real romance yet. Until then, it's all puppy love and crushes.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

Spike is really too young to even realize how much he looks like he's going for silver.

Implying Rarity is better than Sweetie Belle. The way I see it, Spike isn't too young for Rarity and instead Rarity is too old for Spike. He's simply trading in an older model for a newer one. Sweetie Belle is like a younger Rarity but minus the greed, selfishness, manipulative nature and drama queen baggage with more cute installed.

The problem is Spike isn't on the same tier as the CMC so its unlikely we'll see an episode with them starring together. He'll still share episodes with either Rarity or Twilight. And there is that fact that Spike has a lot in common with Rarity in canon like gemstone and the generosity/greed duality they have making it look like they were made for each other from the very start of the series.

Fortunately Sweetie Belle doesn't have a CM yet. Her potential isn't capped yet. I don't think its likely but its not impossible Sweetie Belle gains a talent/CM that at least makes her compatible with Spike some how.

Um, hasn't anypony here actually been to a wedding? Everypony dances! If a guy dances with his girlfriend's kid sister, it doesn't mean he's in love with her too! It means he's trying to look good to his girlfriend. Along the lines of..."Look, I'm good with kids!"

Sheesh!

The fuck you just say?

Its exactly what it means.

Oh and did I mention she's a gold digger? Tricking Spike into giving her that fire ruby he worked so hard on for months because he was planning to eat it on his birthday. Trololol...

Edited by hironakamura

I was never a fan of Spike x Rarity since I think she's too old for him and they're personalities aren't compatible, imho. Personality and age wise, I think Sweety Belle would be better but she is a bit young for Spike...

Edited by Lirael

This thread might be one of the best things to come out of the season finale.

• Brohoof 1

Its exactly what it means.

Oh and did I mention she's a gold digger? Tricking Spike into giving her that fire ruby he worked so hard on for months because he was planning to eat it on his birthday. Trololol...

She did no such thing! She just saw something beautiful that was going to be eaten! Pretend you are hanging out with some alien life-form and he tells you he has been raising this purebred puppy/kitten/what-have-you for the perfect snack. In such a situation, you too may wish to express your admiration for said creature and hope that it does NOT get eaten since in your mind that would just be... wrong. I think that's what went through Rarity's mind - fortunately, Spike was a good guy and did give her the gem. However, at no time did she demand he not eat it or that he hand it over. I guess you consider her polite distress being manipulative but I do not. Rarity is good pony.

Spike, good luck finding a woman you can actually get. :P

She did no such thing! She just saw something beautiful that was going to be eaten! Pretend you are hanging out with some alien life-form and he tells you he has been raising this purebred puppy/kitten/what-have-you for the perfect snack. In such a situation, you too may wish to express your admiration for said creature and hope that it does NOT get eaten since in your mind that would just be... wrong. I think that's what went through Rarity's mind - fortunately, Spike was a good guy and did give her the gem. However, at no time did she demand he not eat it or that he hand it over. I guess you consider her polite distress being manipulative but I do not. Rarity is good pony.

A rock isn't all the comparable to a cute kitten or puppy.

A rock isn't all the comparable to a cute kitten or puppy.

Maybe not to us, but I am talking Rarity. Hmmm... maybe not to her either, I'd like to think she would pick Opal over a gem - but I just trying to make a point. Rarity did not want to see something precious EATEN.

Well I wasn't being serious but if you're gonna be like that...

Spike is the kindest and most generous friend anyone could ever have. He'll give you everything even if he has nothing left for himself. Rarity knows about Spike's crush on her and she takes advantage of his feelings by making him do free manual labor for her or manipulate him into giving her things he worked on so hard for himself like his fire ruby. She uses his body as a pin cushion, totally disregarding any pain she might cause him and makes him put out her garbage with instead of being grateful she insults him.

Rarity is cold and unappreciative of Spike's friendship. When Spike helped her dig up gems for Sapphire Shores, she gave him a blue gem to eat as a reward for being patient. Being patient? So if Spike wasn't patient he wouldn't have gotten anything at all? Not even a thanks?

When Rarity realized Spike can produce really rare gems like Fire Rubies, she decided to step up her game and make it look like his crush has a chance with her. She doesn't really like him and probably never will. She just pretends to like Spike and keep him happy only because to string him along for the potential free Fire Rubies she knows she can get out of him in the future. Look at how worried Rarity was when Spike went on the dragon migration. She knew if Spike never came back, she would lose her source of free Fire Rubies.

In this regard, Rarity is no different than the Changeling Queen who keeps Spike fooled because of his crush that will never be reciprocated and for feeding off of the nice things Spike can do for her. Spike deserves a better girl than Rarity. Someone who will do nice things for him and will appreciate the nice things he does for her. This someone will like Spike for who he is instead of the things she knows she can get out of Spike. Rarity is not this girl so Fancy Pants can have her.

By the way, I'm just harmlessly using troll logic so don't take this seriously.

Spike is the kindest and most generous friend anyone could ever have. He'll give you everything even if he has nothing left for himself. Rarity knows about Spike's crush on her and she takes advantage of his feelings by making him do free manual labor for her or manipulate him into giving her things he worked on so hard for himself like his fire ruby. She uses his body as a pin cushion, totally disregarding any pain she might cause him and makes him put out her garbage with instead of being grateful she insults him.

Rarity is cold and unappreciative of Spike's friendship. When Spike helped her dig up gems for Sapphire Shores, she gave him a blue gem to eat as a reward for being patient. Being patient? So if Spike wasn't patient he wouldn't have gotten anything at all? Not even a thanks?

When Rarity realized Spike can produce really rare gems like Fire Rubies, she decided to step up her game and make it look like his crush has a chance with her. She doesn't really like him and probably never will. She just pretends to like Spike and keep him happy only because to string him along for the potential free Fire Rubies she knows she can get out of him in the future. Look at how worried Rarity was when Spike went on the dragon migration. She knew if Spike never came back, she would lose her source of free Fire Rubies.

In this regard, Rarity is no different than the Changeling Queen who keeps Spike fooled because of his crush that will never be reciprocated and for feeding off of the nice things Spike can do for her. Spike deserves a better girl than Rarity. Someone who will do nice things for him and will appreciate the nice things he does for her. This someone will like Spike for who he is instead of the things she knows she can get out of Spike. Rarity is not this girl so Fancy Pants can have her.

You know despite your claim to be troll logic, these arguments actually seem legit.

I can pick apart these arguments, but that is off-topic. You have your point of view, I have mine and I am going to leave it at that.