Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How are mane 6 not mane 7?

ManaMinori

Because Spike. He's part of the pack, too. A very important part, in fact. Some of the Mane 6 wouldn't even be alive without him. Looking at you, Apple Horse. Heck, the mane 6 wouldn't even be mane 6, without him, encouraging Twi to befriend them, when Twi wanted to ignore Sunbutt's encouragement to. Twi would still be in Lesson Zero freak out mode, without him.

Spike was Twilight's first friend long before the other 5, so how are people classifying the ponies by, to determine there's just a mane 6, instead of a mane 7? The EoH, which are no longrr relevant, and that Spike displays all on his own?

he's hardly unimportant

And he's a pony on the inside.

I don't see how he's a pony on the inside, it doesn't mean any thing they only said he was he's still a dragon its the equivalent of being racist, its like telling a black person their white on the inside.

Edited by flutersparkle

Spike might be important, but Plot demands that only the girls are Elements. Sure, he has had a number of important roles, but I think he wasnt meant to be all that important at the start of the show, where only the six girls were elements, and thus the biggest plot points. Perhaps if they decide to make an episode or have the finale feature a "lost" element for Spike, it would be mane 7 or something like that, but honestly, that would just be a horrid idea.

Edited by Princess Bradley

Spike might be important, but Plot demands that only the girls are Elements. Sure, he has had a number of important roles, but I think he wasnt meant to be all that important at the start of the show, where only the six girls were elements, and thus the biggest plot points. Perhaps if they decide to make an episode or have the finale feature a "lost" element for Spike, it would be mane 7 or something like that, but honestly, that would just be a horrid idea.

butvthe show is about friendship, and Spike is in the main clique of friends

The show isn't called "elements of harmny are magic"

The elements themselves are just a plot device, so determining who's a part of the main group shouldn't be based off it

butvthe show is about friendship, and Spike is in the main clique of friends

The show isn't called "elements of harmny are magic"

The elements themselves are just a plot device, so determining who's a part of the main group shouldn't be based off it

Exactly. Sure, the show is indeed called "Friendship is Magic", and its pretty much shown that the "Elements" are friendship. And, since the beggining, only six values have been shown as the elements. Kindness, which is Flutters, Loyalty, RD, Generosity, Rares, Laughter, Pink One, Honesty, Applejack, and Magic, Twilight. Spike, unfortunately, didnt get picked for any of these values, and thus isnt as big of a plot point. It's called the "Mane Six", because those six bear the Elements.

After all, The Plot Chooses All.

Edited by Princess Bradley

Because Spike. He's part of the pack, too. A very important part, in fact. Some of the Mane 6 wouldn't even be alive without him. Looking at you, Apple Horse. Heck, the mane 6 wouldn't even be mane 6, without him, encouraging Twi to befriend them, when Twi wanted to ignore Sunbutt's encouragement to. Twi would still be in Lesson Zero freak out mode, without him.

Spike was Twilight's first friend long before the other 5, so how are people classifying the ponies by, to determine there's just a mane 6, instead of a mane 7? The EoH, which are no longrr relevant, and that Spike displays all on his own?

No, you are wrong. Without Rainbow Dash, Spike wouldn't be alive now. Because of her first Sonic Rainboom, the Mane 6 was made. And also, Spike isn't a mane, so he cannot be in the Mane 6, sadly.

Well to be fair "Mane 6" was a term coined by the fandom, not by the staff, although the writers haven't had any idea what to do with him since season 1.

I think its pretty much this, in terms of where it came from. "Mane 6" has not been mentioned in show I don't think, it's just been a phrase that's primarily used in-fandom  And also pretty much Spike currently (still holding out hope he can be written better at some point in the future).

Edited by pony.colin

Because spike is destined to be forever the comedy sidekick of the show.

I have already accepted that long ago, so it dosen't cause any headaches for me.

Am I the only one who likes Spike and his episodes? ...

Yeah. Its just me.

I like him. Not so much his episodes, thanks to the writers focusing on throwing him under the bus all the time, and oftrn punishing him for thungs not his fault, like in Princess Spike. He has a lot of good qualities that aren't being focused on, which is sad. And he's more competent than the mane 6, CMC, princesses, and every Canterlot pony combined.

And he's more competent than the mane 6, CMC, princesses, and every Canterlot pony combined.

Spike at your Service would like to have a word with you.

• Brohoof 5