Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does Twilight do nowadays, now that she's Princess of Friendship

4april

Till season 3, we know that Twilight was Celestia's student and spent most of her time studying (and with her friends). And she probably spend most of her time studying even till the end of season 4.

Now that she became the Princess of Friendship, what does she do everyday? The map does not call her everyday; infact she has been called fewer than 3 times this season.

I do not think she even takes care of anything in Ponyville considering that they have a mayor for that.

I have some clues, this transcript from Amending Fences:

Twilight Sparkle: Thanks for taking care of that, Spike. After three events in one week, I really needed to relax with a good book.

Spike: It's kinda funny, isn't it? All these ponies comin' to you for advice about friendship    

Edited by 4april

She is simply a guardian. She has no real ruling duties. It was just the writers excuse to sell toys whilst keeping the formula as before. 

If she doesn't have any duties, what does she do? I am sure she dos not only spend time with her friends day in and day out.

Till season 3, we know that Twilight was Celestia's student and spent most of her time studying (and with her friends). And she probably spend most of her time studying even till the end of season 4.

Now that she became the Princess of Friendship, what does she do everyday? 

My question is what she USED to do every day. Before coming to Ponyville.

I mean, she wasn't in school or anything, so what was she studying? Just magic? What did Celestia teach her? Did she have any actual assignments? When did she leave Celestia's school?

Also, what about everypony else? Did they all go to school at some point?

She is simply a guardian. She has no real ruling duties. It was just the writers excuse to sell toys whilst keeping the formula as before. 

I don't think any of the Princes/Princesses actually have any political duties. All of that is left to mayors and such. The princesses usually have BIGGER responsibilities...like raising the sun, giving advice, or protecting a kingdom. Twilight's main duty is to foster/maintain/spread friendship throughout Equestria.

I assume she still spends her days as she used to--reading, studying, etc. She may not be a student anymore, but she still has a lot to learn in many fields, especially as her responsibilities grow. 

• Brohoof 1

It seems like Twilight basically sits in her castle, answers letters directed to her about friendship problems, and gives advice. (Based on the comics depiction of her duties and the show's duties).

Past that, it seems that Celestia gives her alot of figurehead political duties, in that she seems to have to make political appearances and greet foreign dignitaries or make appearances like at the rainbow falls event, but past that she has no ACTUAL duties. Everything she does seems to more or less be voluntary, with no real political power of any kind.

Also, she handles the map issues, though we've barely seen any of that so far.

Judging from the recent episodes, I'd say Twilight hasn't had anything at all to do.  She took three days to reorganize her bookshelves for Celestia's sake.  Can't be much of a demand on her time if she has it to waste on something like that.

Nothing much, it seems. Except for perhaps waiting for the map to call her to go on a mission, then complaining when she isn't the one called. 

I've said this since season 4, but I can't help but find it really funny that Twilight seemed busier before she became a princess. I definitely don't think it should be that way.  >_>

• Brohoof 4

I think just because she has ascended princess-tier that she doesn't have to change dramatically like bring the stars out every night. :twi:  She just has some duties that she didn't have before. Unlike Luna or Celestia, she has her friends to help with these duties. Which is to maintain harmony and friendship throughout Equestria. Twilight leads her own life, and does the things she wants to do. Apparently she has to make political appearances, but nothing really. I kind of wonder what the other princess do with their every day lives. It makes me sad to think that Luna and Celestia can't really have friends as they outlive them all. :(  (Just like Kanade, from the anime Angel Beats) 

Nothing much, it seems. Except for perhaps waiting for the map to call her to go on a mission, then complaining when she isn't the one called. 

I've said this since season 4, but I can't help but find it really funny that Twilight seemed busier before she became a princess. I definitely don't think it should be that way.  >_>

Eh, they're probably going to jump all over that as the plot of the hoof fields and McCoys. given how last episode had her stress out that, as the princess of friendship she must be PERFECT, and how she kept stressing out about not getting a mission, I'm betting she's going to try and 100% take over her and flutters mission while talking 24/7 about being the princess of friendship.

I think just because she has ascended princess-tier that she doesn't have to change dramatically like bring the stars out every night. :twi:  She just has some duties that she didn't have before. Unlike Luna or Celestia, she has her friends to help with these duties. Which is to maintain harmony and friendship throughout Equestria. Twilight leads her own life, and does the things she wants to do. Apparently she has to make political appearances, but nothing really. I kind of wonder what the other princess do with their every day lives. It makes me sad to think that Luna and Celestia can't really have friends as they outlive them all. :(  (Just like Kanade, from the anime Angel Beats) 

Well, based on the Luna micro comic, when she's not entering dreams or raising the moon, Luna seems to spend her time roaming around looking for monsters to fight in her spare time.

She arranges events. She planned the GGG, made arrangements to meet the yak prince, and organized the Grand Equestria Pony Summit. So more down time, but more involvement in bigger events, and she finds her own projects like the peace talks with the yaks.

Well, based on the Luna micro comic, when she's not entering dreams or raising the moon, Luna seems to spend her time roaming around looking for monsters to fight in her spare time.
Oh my gog, that makes me love her even more now just picturing that. Like an anime hero sorta, or something.  :love:  

I've said this since season 4, but I can't help but find it really funny that Twilight seemed busier before she became a princess. I definitely don't think it should be that way. >_>

Definitely. It almost seems as though Twilight does nothing nowadays. I mean, she only seems to wait for days for the map to send her somewhere, or spends 3 days reshelving books!

OK, let me give her some credit. Twilight did organise quite a few events and I also think a lot of ponies visit her to solve problems. But the writers really need to show her doing these things more.