Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So i want to buy MLP merch...

5uperNova

Hmm, you're not telling your parents that you like ponies yet, huh?

Well, I guess the first thing to do is tell them that you like ponies, and if they okay with it then you can ask them if they could buy it for you, borrowing their credit card, paypal or whatever, but make sure that you buy it with your own money. If you can do that then I think most parents will agree, but if you don't have enough money then just save it until you have enough then ask them again.

Or maybe you could ask them nicely that they buy it for you in exchange of something like, doing laundry for a month or promising that you will pay them back.

Last method is, asking for it as a Christmas present! That certainly would be the easiest way.

Hope this helps.

• Brohoof 2

True, I don't have a creditcard either, but I still get pony merch just by asking my mom.

I told her one day that I was a brony, and I explained it to her, but she didn't get it, so I showed her a couple of pictures of ponies, and said: "Hey mom, I kind of like the show these are in, it's surprisingly good."

My mom then responded with: "Oh, ohke. That seems fun and cutesy."

After that everything was ohke.

So I suggest (like PinkiestPie and PeriodicMG,) to just tell them.

I'd like to add to PeriodicMG's list of ways to get it, that if you tell them you'll buy it with your own money, and then be slightly late with paying back, and just ask them then if you can just keep the money, the chance is higher that they'll say yes. Of course, that probably won't work with a lot of parents. I use that tactic all the time on my mum, because I can manipulate her quite well. :icwudt:

Work up the money yourself

He said that he didn't have a creditcard. You can't buy online without one.  :adorkable:

• Brohoof 3

True, I don't have a creditcard either, but I still get pony merch just by asking my mom.

I told her one day that I was a brony, and I explained it to her, but she didn't get it, so I showed her a couple of pictures of ponies, and said: "Hey mom, I kind of like the show these are in, it's surprisingly good."

My mom then responded with: "Oh, ohke. That seems fun and cutesy."

After that everything was ohke.

So I suggest (like PinkiestPie and PeriodicMG,) to just tell them.

I'd like to add to PeriodicMG's list of ways to get it, that if you tell them you'll buy it with your own money, and then be slightly late with paying back, and just ask them then if you can just keep the money, the chance is higher that they'll say yes. Of course, that probably won't work with a lot of parents. I use that tactic all the time on my mum, because I can manipulate her quite well. :icwudt:

He said that he didn't have a creditcard. You can't buy online without one.  :adorkable:

Thanks for the response! That's a quite good idea. Ill try i guess... My mom teaches how to properly raise kids so it should'nt be too big of a deal.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for the response! That's a quite good idea. Ill try i guess... My mom teaches how to properly raise kids so it should'nt be too big of a deal.

I was super nervous of telling ANYONE that I was a brony, but it turned out alright every time. :grin2: (Except this one time, but that guy was a jerk anyway. :catface:)

So far, the most common response to "the news" has been: "Oh, cool."

It's really helpful, because at first I was super paranoid, and always deleted browser histories and whatnot, but now I just browse MLPForums in the middle of computer class, and no one cares. :icwudt:

Even my dad, who can be quite judging at times totally went along with it, only raising an eyebrow in an amused way when I told him I had bought a pony plushy.  :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

Work up the money yourself

You cannot buy online without a credit card service. How will that worl?

Say something along the lines of "Mom, can I buy a toy?".

At certain ages many do not want to do it that way.

They would prefer to do it without asking.

I really want to buy some MLP merch, the only problem is that im too young to have my own credit card and my mom and dad don't really know that i like MLP. What's a good way to ask?

All I did was tell my parents I liked my little pony, and that's fine with them, so really you should just tell them, :).

• Brohoof 2

Just tell your parents before, and if it works out, just ask for their credit card ;) I mean, there isn't a lot of possibilities, they can either accept or not

Edited by Xeltor
  • Brohoof 2

I know you said you're too young for credit, but I'll go ahead and say this now: Forget credit. Debit is what I personally use for my expenditures pony related or not. 

Still you're too young for that, so I'll lend you some advice of what I did when I was younger and wanting MLP stuff: My parents already knew and don't judge me for it (My mom thinks it's cute while my dad really doesn't care but ribs me about it in a fatherly way). Most parents are understanding, and unless you have ultra-strict conservative parents, they'll see it's no harm and get you what you want. After all, there's worse things you could spend money on. 

Another thing I did was save my own money and buy things with that. Only parental help I needed was a ride. 

• Brohoof 1

I had that problem a long time ago as well! I just told my mom and she was understanding.

What I recommend you to do is tell your parents, they are your parents and they love you so they will accept you.

Trust me, it will work.

After you tell your parents, enjoy your merchandise!  :pinkie:

Ask your parent(s) to take you to the mall.

Most malls, if not all, have the store(s) Hot Topic and Too Cool. Those 2 stores are big sellers of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic merchandise.

If you really want to be sly about it, however, you could ask for some money and go to the mall with your friends, instead of with your guardian(s).

Ask your parent(s) to take you to the mall.

Most malls, if not all, have the store(s) Hot Topic and Too Cool. Those 2 stores are big sellers of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic merchandise.

If you really want to be sly about it, however, you could ask for some money and go to the mall with your friends, instead of with your guardian(s).

I would do this if it werent for the fact that i live in Sweden. We have very shitty stores here.

I would do this if it werent for the fact that i live in Sweden.

If I remember correctly "science fiction bokhandeln" have some mlp stuff. So you could check that out. 

Edited by Gestum

Most Supermarkets often sell My Little Pony toys in the Toy aisle.

Maybe try checking there?

Well i mainly want these Funko figurines since they're actually quite accurate to the show. And as Gestum said "science fiction bokhandeln" actually sells those. But thanks anyways!

• 5 years later...

See if any stores in your area have MLP merch and pay with cash (that's what I do). If you can't find anything, you'll have to let your parents know that you like MLP. You might be anxious when you tell your parents but at the end of the day your parents probably won't mind it. Hope that helps.