Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Very Bestest Bosses (Of the Final variety)

CUINJALE

There have been some pretty rad final bosses in video games over the years. I can think of a few. There's GLaDOS, Kefka, Malus, Meatenstein, and lots more that I can't think of. So what are your favorites?

A quick use of the forum's search function revealed no threads of this sort in the past, but if there is one you can feel free to laugh at me and call me embarrassing names.

I'll be totally unoriginal here and just straight up say Ultimecia from Final Fantasy VIII, starting to feel old now.

Edited by SrFrog
  • Brohoof 3

I LOVED Biolizard and Final Hazard from Sonic Adventure 2, but that's probably because I have a huge nostalgic connection to the game. :P Let's see... I found the Bowser final boss battle in Super Mario Galaxy to be pretty fun. The music was especially exciting. Then there's the Shadow Queen battle from Paper Mario 2. Um... lemme think... more Mario, how 'bout that? I remember liking the final boss at the end of Yoshi's Island. And uh... that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll be back soon with more, though.

• Brohoof 1

The Colossi from Shadows of the Colossus, the Walking Tank from Dark Sector, Egypt from Rome: Total War, the small planet/volcano/squid from Lost Planet 2, and the giant eye orb thingy from Kirby. I played that game every day of age 9, and I still have no idea what the hell was going on.

IMO Yami from Okami > all final bosses- such an epic, long final battle that you have to use every single ability in the game to prevail in, with a destructible arena to boot. Just one of the best ever man... :D

• Brohoof 2

Well.. It isn't actually a boss only level, but since the boss chases you I guess it counts

Dr.Fetus from Super Meat Boy in Dark World. It took me forever to beat this level >.>

...And it isn't eaven one of the 10 hardest levels in the game..

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

Posted Image

You must admit, this guy was tough as bricks.

And this...

Posted Image

She's just too tough because you drop cry with waterfalls while fighting her, or at least that was me.
But the theme song it's incredible and she is a pretty hard challenge.

Edited by The Baritone Milkman

Hades from Kid Icarus uprising. That was a pretty incredible final fight. The way everything moved and the things happening all at once really pushed the 3DS to its limits. Then of course the character Hades in general is a pretty funny but powerfully deadly final boss.

• Brohoof 1

Because the music is amazing (Even though he's not the true final boss because the actual final boss is a pathetic lump of rock that's about as strong as a mid-game normal enemy)

Because this boss fight also has amazing music and because it's basically a culmination of everything that's happened this entire game. Everything from the ancient power of the Sword Magess...to battling the Blaze of Disaster himself...to fighting the demon that's been tormenting Ashley since the beginning of the game...to battling to protect the world...to the world and humanity fighting together instead of needing a "hero" to fight for them...to the fight between life and utter destruction!

This is absolutely one of the most amazing boss fights in all of gaming.

Lord Blazer is the perfect example that a boss doesn't have to be hard to be the best boss in the entire game and hell...best boss in all of gaming period. Edited by Raronoopa

• Final Boss at the end of Star Ocean: The Last Hope (still cant beat him to this day)
  • Prinny Baal in the final mission of Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (even though my main character is level 28,000 still cant beat him)
  • That freakin' Dragon at the end of Fire Emblem 2
  • ANY of the secret bosses in Chrome Hounds (IMPOSSIBLE to kill by yourself)
  • "The Fallen" in The Last Remnant
  • The Long Gui in Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2
  • Feral Chaos in Dissidia Duodecim

Many, many more. If you have never seen any of these bosses you could just go to Youtube to see their epicness.

Alpha from the third Megaman Battle Network game has to be one of my favorite final bosses. Also helps that he has what I consider to be the best boss music in the entire series. The Shadow Queen would have to be the scariest, looking absolutely nothing like anything you'd ever expect to see in any kind of mario game.

Edited by PoisonClaw

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Pein/Pain, UNS2. So intense, great music, and well-done fight. I especially loved the Six-Tailed Naruto section. It was almost better than the actual anime, which was a joke battle due to all the hilarious faces Pein made.

Skip to about 7:52 for the more intense part.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

Oh God...

I just finished Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday last night...

That final boss(3 forms, ofc.) took about 4 hours worth of tries to kill... Seriously, you screw up, you're dead.