Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Dashie Station [Space Opera, recruiting]

CupcakeShed

So I've decided to just pick one of my ideas and try to recruit players. All the same caveats from my previous thread still apply - players will be expected to meet up once a week for a session. You can read up on details here: https://mlpforums.com/topic/148514-weekly-freeform-rp/

Now, as to the setting. It's basically a sci-fi / space opera retelling of the canon setting, where Equestria is a star system, and all the various pony settlements from the show are planets. Canterlot is the unicorn homeworld, Manehattan is the earth pony homeworld, and Cloudsdale (a gas giant) is the pegasus homeworld. Ponyville is an agricultural colony located near the Everfree Belt (an asteroid field), and so on and so forth. All the canon characters exist as well, and are basically the same aside from some changes in job titles here and there (the Princesses are now Empresses, for example).

The campaign itself will take place in the newly-constructed "Dashie Station", a space station orbiting around Cloudsdale. Characters could be crew members assigned to the station, civilians trying to make a living, aliens (such as Gryphons, Diamond Dogs, etc.) visiting the system, or maybe something else that I haven't thought of, whatever. You just need some reason to be onboard the station and participate in the campaign; I'm not picky. Think of it like a ponified version of Deep Space Nine, and you're probably on the right track.

Edited by CupcakeShed
  • Brohoof 1

That'd be helpful, yeah. I'm trying not to overprepare myself before I even know who's going to be playing, you know? I don't want to come up with an idea for a session, only to have to scrap it because it doesn't fit with somebody's character.

Alright, sign me up.

Are we role playing to simply build a storyline here or will PnP concepts be incorporated?

Pretty much just roleplaying for the sake of roleplaying. I feel like PnP rules would just weigh us down, so to speak

Pretty much just roleplaying for the sake of roleplaying. I feel like PnP rules would just weigh us down, so to speak

It definitely would! Role plays so emphasized on statistics and character attributes would (most of the time) barely leave room for proper plot development unless you have a damn fine game warden at the helm. It's a reason I never bother joining any of the Fallout Equestria role plays around here.

If we're here for the sake of worldbuilding, then I'd definitely love to join.

hey sweetie. sure, i would love to join as well =)

thinking of playing a Gryphon named Taven
generally good intentioned, and wants to be a better person, but has some anger issues he has to wrestle with on his path to peace. he's currently on a pilgrimage to the equestrian system.

(edited)

@@CupcakeShed,

We should IC and OOC threads. The rules say we can't have our OOC here and our IC elsewhere.

Fair enough. I'll set up an IC thread once we've decided on a time and date for the first session.

Speaking of which, when's everybody available? Personally, my schedule is sufficiently flexible that it's easier to say when I'm NOT available: from 4-7 PM on Monday and Wednesday (classes), 6-10 PM on Tuesday (more classes), and from 5 PM onwards on Saturday (a weekly D&D game that I'm a part of). As long as it's not in one of those time periods, I can schedule a session for basically whenever.

Edit: Oh right, I almost forgot about time zones. Eastern (US) here.

Edited by CupcakeShed

Room for one more?

In the case that you do, I wanna just give a schedule right now.

7am-6pm On Monday, 7am - 3:10pm every weekday(school) 6:30pm to 8pm is kinda varied everyday because of dinner. Available every weekend, starting from when I wake up.

I usually do something small like a chore every so often, so I might be gone for a few minutes at times. 

Eastern US Zone.

Spring Break is coming up this weekend so I will have a lot of free time soon.

I would love to see how this works out!

Nice to meet you all as well!

Edited by Shadow Elecktra

(edited)

Room for one more?

In the case that you do, I wanna just give a schedule right now.

7am-6pm On Monday, 7am - 3:10pm every weekday(school) 6:30pm to 8pm is kinda varied everyday because of dinner. Available every weekend, starting from when I wake up.

I usually do something small like a chore every so often, so I might be gone for a few minutes at times. 

Eastern US Zone.

Spring Break is coming up this weekend so I will have a lot of free time soon.

I would love to see how this works out!

Nice to meet you all as well!

Sure, you're welcome to join! I think that's enough people for now, though. I might increase the number of players to five or six once I get a bit more comfortable with the group, but for now, 4 seems like enough.

Edit: Erm. How do I change the tag from "searching" to "OOC"?

Edited by CupcakeShed

Sure, you're welcome to join! I think that's enough people for now, though. I might increase the number of players to five or six once I get a bit more comfortable with the group, but for now, 4 seems like enough.

Edit: Erm. How do I change the tag from "searching" to "OOC"?

You change it to OOC by going to the first post of the thread, editing it, and going into full editor. There's an option to change the prefix.

(edited)

You change it to OOC by going to the first post of the thread, editing it, and going into full editor. There's an option to change the prefix.

Alright, fixed now. Thanks!

Edit: @Mario3D13 Whoops, didn't see your post. Frigging page breaks XD Anyway, I read the bio. It seems like basically a ponified version of Master Chief from Halo. It would be hypocritical of me to reject you because of that - after all, I'm basically ripping off DS9 with this campaign - but I'm more concerned with the whole "super-soldier" thing. I'll allow it, if you tone down the power level to somewhere between "veteran soldier" and "special forces".

Edited by CupcakeShed

Alright, fixed now. Thanks!

Edit: @Mario3D13 Whoops, didn't see your post. Frigging page breaks XD Anyway, I read the bio. It seems like basically a ponified version of Master Chief from Halo. It would be hypocritical of me to reject you because of that - after all, I'm basically ripping off DS9 with this campaign - but I'm more concerned with the whole "super-soldier" thing. I'll allow it, if you tone down the power level to somewhere between "veteran soldier" and "special forces".

Well, that's alright. I mean, Spartans don't always have their MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor. And besides, Lightning's a SPARTAN-IV, not a SPARTAN-II, so, without MJOLNIR, he's pretty much just SpecOps.