Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did I miss in the fandom?

hgdsghfdhgfdghfdshg

I think josh haber is taking a dump on the franchise, fanfics/fannart now is just a matter of quantity over quality, the show is either bad or, if it's good, it's an advert for some expensive, terribly built, overpriced, tiny plastic toy. I have had thoughts about leaving because i'm not into fan stuff (art, songs, fanfics, remixes (I just can't stand them (I like fanmade plushies (i'm a sucker for all things soft))) and only really official stuff (the show, movie (maybe) EG (not official merch))) but it sucks so bad now that there's not much for me left.

(edited)

I think josh haber is taking a dump on the franchise, fanfics/fannart now is just a matter of quantity over quality, the show is either bad or, if it's good, it's an advert for some expensive, terribly built, overpriced, tiny plastic toy. I have had thoughts about leaving because i'm not into fan stuff (art, songs, fanfics, remixes (I just can't stand them (I like fanmade plushies (i'm a sucker for all things soft))) and only really official stuff (the show, movie (maybe) EG (not official merch))) but it sucks so bad now that there's not much for me left.

To be fair, physical goods are usually handled by outside companies. With the popularity increasing, the quota needs to be met. Sorry if I don't know what I'm talking about, it just seems logical to me.

Edited by Nicodemius

Naturally, interest is going to wane over time if you've been watching the show for a while. It's been around for five and a half years and its tendencies and limitations are pretty obvious by now. FiM can only stay fresh for so long no matter what they do.

It's all your decision whether to stay in or leave the fandom. People have differing opinions of where the show has gone since 2012, some have stayed on while others have left. I thought Season 4 wasn't all that great either. I had my moments where I thought I'd slow down or stop watching the show altogether, but I kept watching. That's also not to mention how much better most of the other cartoons on TV have gotten in that timeframe.

As for popular members of the community, you have to be more specific. It's been the same for them as everyone else; some moved onto other things, but the community is still healthy and many big names are still here. For popular names on this forum, it's hard to say because everyone's experience is different and there are many loosely-defined subcommunities here, so again you have to be more specific.

In the end, it's all on you. You've got to make the choice if you want to stay or go.

The fandom like many others has a fair share of people that can act out of character or be one of those instances, where you meet a nice group of people or just one person. A mixed bag so to speak, it is entirely up to you whether you are leaving or staying.

As far as people leaving goes, I'd say there's a mix. Some are people who feel the show has gone in a direction they don't like, while there are also those who probably just lost interest(whether they're aware of that or not), so they've decided to stop watching the show. This has happened to all of us with something, no matter what it might have been.

Update: After actually watching all of Season 4, it's the best thing ever!  ^_^  I guess it was probably something deeper than me just not liking the season as far as that goes. I still do feel a bit alienated as far as knowing anyone around here. The Living Tombstone is a big one that left, he was probably the most famous out of all of them. I am not concerned based of the sheer concept of someone being famous, it's a personality you can connect with within the fandom.

• Brohoof 3

Update: After actually watching all of Season 4, it's the best thing ever! ^_^ I guess it was probably something deeper than me just not liking the season as far as that goes.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. If you haven't seen season 5 yet, I'd recommend watching it. If you like it, great, if not, no big deal. I think it might have been what I said earlier, where you just lost interest in the show. Of course it could be something else, but that's just my guess.

• Brohoof 1

I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. If you haven't seen season 5 yet, I'd recommend watching it. If you like it, great, if not, no big deal. I think it might have been what I said earlier, where you just lost interest in the show. Of course it could be something else, but that's just my guess.

I'm usually off watching other things during the day, but watching Season 5 is definitely on my priorities. Although I already know the big twist that happens, knowing that is kind of unavoidable. 

I dunno if I'm popular in the fandom or not, I'm that guy that a lot of the successful content creators have met because I used to run a podcast called Pony Tonite that did decently well, but nobody actually knows who I am, aside from this stupid video I made about clopping 2 years back that resulted in a lot of contention if you can imagine ahaha. 

From my experience in the fandom since January of 2014, the landscape has certainly slowed down, especially with content creators and other various fandom politics. PVL is slow, EQD is slow, Horse News is slow, /mlp/ is slow, YouTube is slow in general, it's all kinda come to slow walk rather than the full on sprint when I joined. I would have loved to be a part of the fandom even earlier, you know around 2011, the excitement was just beginning back then, I've heard so many interesting and fascinating stories, wish I could have been there to experience some of them. As ridiculous as fandoms can be, I've chosen to look at it through the lens of sincerity. What we have here is special, just as special as it was when it first emerged. I will cherish the experience and opportunities I've got from this fandom until the day I die. I feel very lucky to have been a part of it, and will continue to be as long as I still like the show, but even if I leave, I don't think I'll ever become jaded about it.

That was a tangent I guess, I dunno what's been going on, like I said it's all very slow at the moment.

Edited by bamboozled321

Around these parts?

Hmmm....depends on how you look at it O_O

These guys are the most well known and popular folks I can think of for different reasons o-o

(Disclaimer: This is kind of just my opinion)

Randimaxis.

Lightwing .

CinnamonPop

Caketori

Pucksterv

Frostgage

Koukatsu

Ruhisu

Kiriness

Venomous

I'm pretty sure I've missed a lot of peeps but these are just off the top of my noggin' (I'm sure I'm missing most of the Debate pit folks since I don't know a lot about that section. o-o)

I am not popular >.< *growls*  Especially compared to all those lovely people ^^

To be honest there were still SO many people I forgot to mention...(Key Sharks, C.B, Bradley, Buck, Nightmare Muffin, Bender, Mentis, Shift,Kenshiro, Oobrony the list goes on and on).

As you said, you only visit certain parts of the forum. :P

I am not popular >.< *growls*  Especially compared to all those lovely people ^^

Lol ye you are

• Brohoof 1

Popular brony folks?

SilverQuill, Wubcake, Pinkie Rose, ILoveKimPossibleALot, Firebrand, Ink Rose, Dr Wolf, Nowacking, EileMonty, etc, etc, etc, etc.

As you said, you only visit certain parts of the forum.

So true X3

It would be interesting to see a different list which takes into account the different sections....

So true X3

It would be interesting to see a different list which takes into account the different sections....

True. Random question though, have you ever seen me before?

True. Random question though, have you ever seen me before?

Yes I have ^ ^

You have a reputation for being one of the artists folks and you also have a couple RPs....You're also known in the request shops ^ ^   (including my own...thanks for that by the way). 

If you're in the top popular forum folks and I didn't include you then I'm sorry D:  I picked them off the top of my head....The only factor is how often I see other people mentioning them or praising their work in threads or through PM o_o

Yes I have ^ ^

You have a reputation for being one of the artists folks and you also have a couple RPs....You're also known in the request shops ^ ^   (including my own...thanks for that by the way). 

Yeee! I've been noticed! *hides*

Wait, was that sarcasm?

Wait, was that sarcasm?

Sure, of course It was sarcasm O_O

^(Above text is sarcasm and should be read in sarcastic inner voice)

Edited by DefinitelyNot Vulcan

Sure, of course It was sarcasm O_O

^(Above text is sarcasm and should be read in sarcastic inner voice)

Yet another person as sarcastic as me.

Welcome to hell! Otherwise known as the most fun place!

I got mentioned again what the heck am I doing to have that happen?

But on the actual question a few others have said and I agree it depends where you hang out.

I mean (being vain) a good number RP may know me but I'd like one person to know of me in the debate pit.

I posted this here because I couldn't find somewhere that it would fit better. I was a brony back in 2012-2013. I have since quit and semi-came back. I left because Megan McCarthy was reducing season 4 to a solid pile of garbage. All the people I've known in the fandom have pretty much left. I don't know anyone famous or otherwise in this still. So really, who is popular around here and what did I miss?

Glad to see you back and that you were able to catch up. Hang around and meet some new people.

Seeing as you basically were able to connect to some new faces here, I'll go ahead and close this out now.