Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So about becoming an Alicorn (possible spoilers).

Azureth

When Twilight sees FH she states "She already has her wings". Does that mean that Pegasi or Earth Ponies can't become an Alicorn? Meaning upon ascension a Pegasi would get a horn, and an Earth Pony would get both wings and a horn. But that doesn't make sense. Any ideas?

Well I know one of the books states cadence is an Pegasus. But if the ascension posses was purely magical , Twilight and Cadance would have reverted in the S5. I think it's part Biology when the spell rewrites all of your DNA, so in the end it could be cast of say....spike....he'd turn in to a pony alicorn. 

I think its just because the common way of thinking by most fans is Unicorn>alicorn due to the magical nature of it, and since Cadence's ascension is hidden away in a book.

And saying that you earned your wings sounds better than something like "earned your horn" :P

When she was all bundled up, all anyone could see was that she had a horn and thus assumed she was a unicorn foal. I think the thought process went something like this:

"Aww... what a cute baby unicorn- wait, what's this- WINGS!?! And a horn? Buh-wha!?"

If an Earth pony did ascend (which is my headcanon with Luna and Celestia since this episode seems to imply that they weren't born alicorns) they would stop being an Earth pony and transforming into an alicorn, rather than "an Earth Pony with wings and a horn" or "a Pegasus with a horn (like Cadence in the books)" or "a unicorn with wings" like Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/22/2016 at 9:34 AM, PoisonClaw said:

If an Earth pony did ascend (which is my headcanon with Luna and Celestia since this episode seems to imply that they weren't born alicorns) they would stop being an Earth pony and transforming into an alicorn, rather than "an Earth Pony with wings and a horn" or "a Pegasus with a horn (like Cadence in the books)" or "a unicorn with wings" like Twilight.

Technically, they would remain part of their original race as well - given how an Alicorn is 1/3 of each.

Edited by Anti-Villain

While the show don't explicitly states what Cadance used to be, it's evident that she wasn't born alicorn. The books states she was a pegasus. I don't think what kind of pony influences if you can become an alicorn or not, but I would like to see a former bat pony becoming one