Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler I want to introduce Starlights new Friend (New episode spoiler)

Mesme Rize

They also gave us The Cutie Re-Mark. Need I say more?

That's a matter of opinion, however. It is most definitely not a fact. There are definitely plenty of people who enjoyed that episode, just as there are those who did not.

Could you please elaborate a bit on your thoughts and what it is that has given you doubts about the writers' abilities? Elaboration is the biggest factor leading up to discussion, and I do want to discuss this but it's difficult when there's hardly any subject matter to have a discussion on. 

I'm not sure if I can elaborate. I suppose the best way to describe my doubts would be to say that I'm concerned about the direction they seem to be going with Glimmer, but I'm not sure if that's a good enough response.

I'm not sure if I can elaborate. I suppose the best way to describe my doubts would be to say that I'm concerned about the direction they seem to be going with Glimmer, but I'm not sure if that's a good enough response.

Don't worry, I get it. I can kinda relate in other ways. For example, I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead, and I'm having a similar issue with how they've been handling Carol. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but her character has been doing a huge 180 lately. I can see how it could turn out well in the end, but I'm also worried that her character will be ruined.

For me personally, I don't really have any qualms about Starlight, but this episode could change that. As excited as I am for this episode, I think it's very early to have this kind of plot for her. I was hoping she'd have more time as just one of the girls and be able to spend time with each of them. You know, almost like a Zuko-arc from Avatar. Now that's a redemption that was handled excellently. Zuko's the textbook example I use whenever I point to how I'd like redemptions to be done. They even had a similar arc with Peridot from Steven Universe that I loved.

I may have gone a bit off track, but that's the gist of it from my perspective. :3

The problem with Glimmer is that it seems as though the montage at the end of The Cutie Re-Mark was supposed to be her redemption. Moreover, it seems as though instead of giving us things to like about Glimmer, they're trying to get us to like her by making us pity her. The problem with that is that unlike Sunset, there's no real reason for us to feel sorry for her: Sunset was ostracized and treated as a pariah even after she'd been reformed, whereas everypony seems to have forgiven Glimmer except for herself.  It's hard for me to root for a character and want to see more of them when the biggest thing standing in between them and happiness is themself. She spent most of her time in the premiere moping about and feeling sorry for herself, which got old real fast. I really hope that's not all there's going to be to Glimmer, but judging by the synopsis for this season's Hearth's Warming Eve episode, it looks as though that might be all we're getting.

Edited by Silvestra Spooner
  • Brohoof 1

Two former dangerous villains make friends? Great idea. I wish Starlight and Trixie will share experiences about their past villain life :D. They were both dictators so they have something in common lol.

Two former dangerous villains make friends? Great idea. I wish Starlight and Trixie will share experiences about their past villain life :D. They were both dictators so they have something in common lol.

If there isn't a debate between the two of them regarding who made the best dictator I'll eat my nonexistent hat!

• Brohoof 2

I'm extremely hyped for this episode. If Trixie double crosses Starlight in some way. I can see Starlight snapping and going all Super Saiyan on Trixie. I can't wait to see how this will all play out.

Edited by Sporemane