Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler I want to introduce Starlights new Friend (New episode spoiler)

Mesme Rize

Going to be honest, this boggles me a bit; Last time Twilight and Trixie left on good terms with each other and we were lead to believe that she'd turned over a new leaf (hell, the comics 100% followed up on this with her having lots of character development about not being evil anymore).
So her coming in all ominous like towards twilight just seems off here.

I'm somewhat iffy about this episode.

I don't understand, why is she coming back, again?

Fan favorite character who they want to find a way to squeeze into an episode :P
pretty much popularity power IMO

• Brohoof 2

Can we put the episode entry up early and enable the poll? I want to click on "Loved It" now since it's likely that's what I'll be clicking on anyway.  :lol:

I'm not a mega-Trixie fan, but she's always been a great foil for Twilight so they'd have to really do something wrong in the writing to screw it up. Plus Twilight's love of silverware placement is Best Thing We Never Knew About the Adorkable One ever!  :D

It is curious however how Trixie is so antagonistic to Twilight right off the bat in this scene. Does she really think she's more powerful than an alicorn?

I doubt she thinks she's more powerful. The way she says princess, I think it's more of a jealousy thing.

The title No Second Prance worries me, because it makes me think they're going to leave off on a bad note. But I would absolutely love it if Starlight made a friend outside of the Mane Six and Spike (I don't count Sunburst because they were just rekindling an existing friendship).

I'm also not sure why Twilight would keep Starlight from Trixie. I mean, if she forgave Starlight of all ponies, what makes Trixie any different?

No. There is no fan pandering. Not at all.

;)

I'm happy it's not Discord, event though he would have been the best choice for Starlights new friend.

Edited by Swifty

This already looks like it is going to be a fun episode and one that I am going to enjoy.

I am definitely looking forward to it.

Starlight and Trixie are going to make for an interesting pair to say the least.

Edited by cmarston1

I still want Lighting Dust to return!!!!! Dx

I do too, but I wouldn't put much faith in it. We already got a dash episode shown so far about her with the wonderbolts, and due to them having to make sure to give starlight episodes this season I don't think there's going to be more than 2 episodes per pony this season (We need discord, the princesses, starlight, the CMC AND the mane six for episodes now).

Going to be honest, this boggles me a bit; Last time Twilight and Trixie left on good terms with each other and we were lead to believe that she'd turned over a new leaf (hell, the comics 100% followed up on this with her having lots of character development about not being evil anymore).

So her coming in all ominous like towards twilight just seems off here.

I'm somewhat iffy about this episode.

Fan favorite character who they want to find a way to squeeze into an episode :P

pretty much popularity power IMO

Agree on both things.

I just finally paid attention to Twilight's reaction when she found out who was coming back and her body language just signaled a perfect 'do not want!' type of reaction to me :lol:

She left on good terms so I get the feeling, this is going to be hilarity ensues type of situation with what antics she and SG could get up to.

Maybe we should put psichiyatrist on alert, in case Sethisto goes overboard. I'm not an uber fan of Trix, but I'm glad to have her back. Still, it bugs me why the omminous reintroduction, I mean, the shadow over her, and her tone of voice.... she's supposed to have been reformed. It's cool to keep her old smug personality, but those are NOT a good sign..... unless it's done on purpse to make us think she isn't reformed and teach Twi and us to NOT prejudge a formerly nasty person :huh:

Maybe we should put psichiyatrist on alert, in case Sethisto goes overboard. I'm not an uber fan of Trix, but I'm glad to have her back. Still, it bugs me why the omminous reintroduction, I mean, the shadow over her, and her tone of voice.... she's supposed to have been reformed. It's cool to keep her old smug personality, but those are NOT a good sign..... unless it's done on purpse to make us think she isn't reformed and teach Twi and us to NOT prejudge a formerly nasty person :huh:

>character reforms

>learns a valuable lesson

>twilight still treats them with suspicion and scorn

THE PRINCESS OF FRIENDSHIP EVERYPONY!

• Brohoof 3

>character reforms

In the wise words of Pinkie Pie.. "And you call yourself the Princess of Friendship!"

• Brohoof 1

>character reforms

Her reformation was pretty half-hearted, considering what she said in her typical smug showman tone right after that and how she just ran off afterwards without another word.

Trixie: Oh, good. Don't you think the Great and Apologetic Trixie is the most magnificent humble pony you've ever seen?!

I know it was a joke, but given how quickly the "reformation" went, can you really believe her?

• Brohoof 1

Her reformation was pretty half-hearted, considering what she said in her typical smug showman tone right after that and how she just ran off afterwards without another word.

I know it was a joke, but given how quickly the "reformation" went, can you really believe her?

After reading IDW #21-22, I'm worried about Trixie potentially being character-derailed here.

• Brohoof 1

>character reforms

tbf, The ending to Magic Duel hardly qualifies as an apology, lot alone a reformation

After reading IDW #21-22, I'm worried about Trixie potentially being character-derailed here.

I think those comics could potentially be the first to be overwritten by the show, especially if Rainbow Dash, AJ, Rarity or Fluttershy don't appear....

which sucks because the Trixie comics are actually pretty solid and are some of the better MLP comics out there

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

Quite frankly I question why people think Trixie going with a half arsed apology justifies Twilight not trusting her.

Glimmer didn't even apologize yet Twilight trusts her utterly to the point it's ridiculous.

This point is completely moot.

Also I'm going to hate it if Trixie's comics will be non canon because of this episode. I don't want her actual reforming moments to come from trash like Glimmer.

Quite frankly I question why people think Trixie going with a half arsed apology justifies Twilight not trusting her.

Glimmer didn't even apologize yet Twilight trusts her utterly to the point it's ridiculous.

This point is completely moot.

Also I'm going to hate it if Trixie's comics will be non canon because of this episode. I don't want her actual reforming moments to come from trash like Glimmer.

Starlight has shown a desire to want to learn more about friendship and put the past behind her. Even if she forgot to apologize straight-up, her actions show sincerity. Trixie's move to crack a joke and ditch town shows none of that. Hardly a moot point to me.

• Brohoof 1

I know episode synopses tend to not be 100% true to the episode, but if we assume it is for this episode, I don't think Trixie will do anything too unforgivable or evil. Maybe she'll be a bother and pull a few jerk moves (such as closing the door on Twilight's face or something), but nothing that indicates an antagonist.

The synopses describes Trixie as a "formerly bad pony." The key word here being formerly, which implies that Trixie did change legitimately at the end of Magic Duel. Maybe she's still a jerk, but definitely not a villain.

• Brohoof 2

Admittedly this is my own bias speaking since I actually considered the Trixie comics canon.

Quite frankly I can't get behind Starlight's change. It feels ridiculously hollow.

Starlight has shown a desire to want to learn more about friendship and put the past behind her. Even if she forgot to apologize straight-up, her actions show sincerity. Trixie's move to crack a joke and ditch town shows none of that. Hardly a moot point to me.

To be fair, Starlight's actions were arguably worse than anything Trixie did. And unlike Trixie, her actions were entirely her own and she was not corrupted in any way. 

Still, I'm sure this episode will go out of its way to insist that Trixie can't be trusted, while Starlight has supposedly earned every last modicum of trust the mane six have hastily given her.....without even apologizing!  :dry:

Edited by Cleverclover
  • Brohoof 1

Called it. I think it was obvious, I don't know why, cause I had no proof, just a hunch.

I have a feeling the episode is gonna follow the trope where a character is good hearted, but everyone thinks they are no good.

Hmm...Fellow Formally bad pony.

Well we know it's not Discord cause he's not a pony

Trixie makes the most sense out of all of them that Twilight's had PERSONAL beef with. 

Could somepony pick up the phone? CAUSE I bucking CALLED IT! 

• Brohoof 1

Wow, who saw this development coming? /s It actually seemed pretty obvious that it was going to be Trixie. I would have been surprised if it didn't turn out to be her. Hasbro did a terrible job of keeping this under wraps, but in all fairness I guess Bronys are hard to keep secrets of this nature from. I just hope this doesn't contradict the comic canon too much since I like the way Trixie has been portrayed in the comics. Granted, she has technically only bonded with four of the mane six, not one of whom is Twilight.

It's also possible that the plot will centre around misunderstanding, which wouldn't be a contradiction since comic Trixie has tried to change, so I'll give the episode the benefit of the doubt. I'm not usually this uptight about A vs B canon, but reformed Trixie who still manages to get into trouble periodically and has to earn the trust of others is my favourite portrayal of her by far, and why I'm now a Trixie fan as opposed to being indifferent towards her. I do think she's overdue for an appearance in the show again anyways, so here's hoping I won't be disappointed.

• Brohoof 1

This was my reaction to this:

As I said in another thread, there was part of me hoping this would be Sunset, but then again it wouldn't make much sense for Twilight not to trust her. But yeah, YAY TRIXIE!

Edited by NeonCobalt