Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Let's Talk Character Reintroductions

Glike

There are bound to be characters that each of us want to see make another appearance in the show. That character that we loved so much, but were only able to catch a glimmer of (no pun intended). That character is different for each of us, but there's no question that if they were allowed another appearance we would want it to be handled in the best way possible.

Who are some of those characters for you, and how would you want their reintroduction to go?

In my case, I would definitely love to see Iron Will again. He's not necessarily an underrated character, but he's one that doesn't come up too often in discussion. I loved his character. He was obviously a parody of wrestling personas (e.g. Hulk Hogan, Mr. T, etc.), but the references and personality wasn't overdone. He was still his own character, and an interesting one at that. Technically, he was an antagonist, but he definitely was not a villain. He even showed some great humility during his exit.

If we were to see him again, I'd like it to be in a more casual interaction. A sort of "Hey, we know you didn't mean to do anything bad. We're cool" type of meetup. Maybe he's lost his iron will and somepony has to help him get it back? It'd be a fun play on retired professionals who dream to make it big again.

• Brohoof 1

I would love to see a Derpy speaking role again. She is well know in fanon but to see her cannon character would interest a lot of us.

That'd definitely be interesting.

If I had to choose a background pony that's recently been given a fleshed out canon personality it'd without a doubt be Minuette.

I mean, all the fandom had for her was "dentist pony" and that was very underwhelming. The writers went above and beyond to give her a very likable personality. She has the bubbly and adorable demeanor of Pinkie Pie, but toned down just enough for her to be bearable all the time. Plus it's very clear she values her friends just as much as Twilight. She's definitely one of the highlights of Season 5 for me!

Lightning Dust's story CAN'T be over so easily... I'd love to see her making an honest go at a second chance to join the Wonderbolts.

Would it be so bad to ask Hasbro for another helping of Cheese Sandwich?

And I don't care what anyone else says... SOMBRA needs to make a return; there is SO much potential for him as a recurring villain - I say they give him the 'Skeletor Treatment': give him a remote castle and a band of lackeys, and BOOM!  Season 7 villain arc!

• Brohoof 3

I want more Tree Hugger. She made a pretty brief cameo in season 6, but I definitely want to see more. I think it would be great if she showed up in an Equestria Girls movie

Edited by crispy fries
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't mind another Slice of Life kind of episode. Watching the background charters get the spot light was really refreshing.

A episode with Tree Huger or Cheese Sandwich would be great too.