Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Suggestion: Fan Clubs

Captain Marvelous

18 users have voted

1. 1. Yay or Neigh

• Yay
    • Neigh

Now I enjoy myself here, as much as one like my self would, but I had an idea.

Now I don't know which forum it should go under, perhaps show discussions, but how about we have a "Fanclub" sub-forum.

Basically, it could be where people would start a small MLPForums fanclub about anything of the show. Be it from individual characters (ie: The 20% cooler club) the group fanclub (ie: The AppleBuckingFamily fanclub) or for some, the shipping fanclubs (Ie: Fluttershy x Big Mac).

It's just a thought.

and of course the Clubs will be MLP focus only.

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
Giving the thread a more descriptive title

My experience with 'club' based sub boards is that they typically start off with a fair deal of activity before declining into almost complete disuse. They also contribute to board clutter, which is an issue this place (thankfully!) does not have.

...though the fact the focus in this case would be a bit narrower than what I've seen done elsewhere might help to prevent that from happening here, I suppose.

Edited by Zoop

Posted ImageXFizzle vi Equestria, on 21 November 2011 - 11:20 PM, said:

First fanclub should be named "The Marvelous adventures of Captain Marvelous and his awesomeness"

^fixed

My question still stands.

I kinda think it'd be too focused on a forum that's generally pretty focused already, but that's just me.

Same thought was goin on in my head when I read the first post. The forums here are already pretty much a fanclub. But the idea of a few subforums dedicated to each pony wouldn't be such a bad idea.

So your just saying no and just referencing someone elses post? Well, it works I guess. Could've posted something about it but, oh well.

Eh. If someone has already summed up your thoughts on a matter such as this, there isn't always much point in restating everything that they themselves had already said earlier in the thread, in my view.

• Brohoof 2

Eh. If someone has already summed up your thoughts on a matter such as this, there isn't always much point in restating everything that they themselves had already said earlier in the thread, in my view.

I was thinking that at the least they could have just said a portion of it.

Now I enjoy myself here, as much as one like my self would, but I had an idea.

Now I don't know which forum it should go under, perhaps show discussions, but how about we have a "Fanclub" sub-forum.

Basically, it could be where people would start a small MLPForums fanclub about anything of the show. Be it from individual characters (ie: The 20% cooler club) the group fanclub (ie: The AppleBuckingFamily fanclub) or for some, the shipping fanclubs (Ie: Fluttershy x Big Mac).

It's just a thought.

and of course the Clubs will be MLP focus only.

If I understand what you're suggesting... each "fan club" would be a thread dedicated to a specific element from MLP: FiM? If that's the case, I'm not sure I understand how such tightly focused discussions wouldn't already be covered by the "Show Discussion" forum, anyway. Can you please elaborate a bit on your idea?

In any case, these two posts sum my current thoughts up quite nicely.

My experience with 'club' based sub boards is that they typically start off with a fair deal of activity before declining into almost complete disuse. They also contribute to board clutter, which is an issue this place (thankfully!) does not have.

...though the fact the focus in this case would be a bit narrower than what I've seen done elsewhere might help to prevent that from happening here, I suppose.

I kinda think it'd be too focused on a forum that's generally pretty focused already, but that's just me.

• 2 weeks later...