Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Biggest surprises in the series (Spoiler warning!)

Discordian

What were the things in the series that just made you go "WOW" or "HUH!?!?"

For me:

Pinkie's hair flattening - Party of One

Sweetie Belle bursting into a loud version of "Hush Now, Quiet Now" - Stare Master

Luna's personality and the "royal" voice - Luna Eclipsed

Fluttershy bursting into song when she fell from Cloudsdale - Cutie Mark Chronicles

Twilight going bat**** crazy - Lesson Zero

The largest surprise for me, was...

...the fact that I fell in love with the series in the first place.

Okay, that isn't really what you wanted, but still. ;)

Well hey, I'm sure a good number of us can attest to that same thing. ^_^

I probably would have liked it anyway but I certainly didn't expect to absolutely fall in love with it the way I did. I've always been the type to like things most think I shouldn't but to fall in love with it so much is an entirely different story!

Biggest surprise in the show?

I'd have to say that would be taken by the cockatrice fight. I did not expect Fluttershy to be able to slow down the speed at which she turned into rock and even though the tips of her wings get transformed, she was still able to flare them open. Then she went and got it to stop completely and reverse the process on her, Sparkle, and the chicken.

I was pretty surprised at what Discord did to them, I thought he was gonna play fair O.o

He never said HE was going to play fair. He just said THEY had to play fair.

Let's see, I don't have a biggest surprise yet, but I could tell you what WOULD make the end-all be-all twist in the series. And it's something that they might have dropped subtle hints to already. Which leads me to believe they might be at least considering going this route (or that they may have considered it at one point). Just in case they do, I'm putting it in tags.

What if Twilight Sparkle became the next ruler of Equestria? Elements of Harmony, CROWN of harmony, makes sense, doesn't it?

Edited by SBaby

Let's see, I don't have a biggest surprise yet, but I could tell you what WOULD make the end-all be-all twist in the series. And it's something that they might have dropped subtle hints to already. Which leads me to believe they might be at least considering going this route (or that they may have considered it at one point). Just in case they do, I'm putting it in tags.

What if Twilight Sparkle became the next ruler of Equestria? Elements of Harmony, CROWN of harmony, makes sense, doesn't it?

I was still expecting him to be fair :P

I always thought Celestia was training up a successor! I think she decided to when she discovered how powerful young Twilight was while taking her entrance exam by hatching Spike!

Rarity's parents definitely gave me a good shock, as I was expecting at least one of them to appear sophisticated and refined, in order to complement Rarity's persona. It made me wonder whether Hasbro purposely did this or if they simply depicted them as your average everyday couple absentmindedly.

I guess her parents do help to further underline the divide between Rarity and Applejack's personalities:

Posted Image

But then again I'm probably just over-thinking it.

Oh and one more thing, the whole 'wet hair Rarity' reaction from Sisterhooves Social got me thinking too.

Posted Image