Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Starlight episode ideas?

FlareGun45

So what kind of episode ideas do you have for Starlight? She is obviously having at least a couple more before the finale, so perhaps y'all can think of a couple things for her. What kind of episodes do you think Starlight needs to improve her character before the finale?

Well I got two episode ideas for her actually. Since probably the focus with Starlight this season is her making friends, the other episodes might include her making some before the finale, but that's just me. I got a couple of episodes just for that!

The first episode I have features her and Discord. Now what they have in common is that they both used to be villains, and a member of the Mane Six reformed them, and are slowly improving. More of Starlight than Discord though. So the episode is about Discord meeting Starlight, and at first, he doesn't like her. She receives more attention from the Mane Six than he does, and he's the original reformed villain, so he says. So he thinks to bring their attention back to him, he tries to make Starlight evil again, but it kinda backtracks in a way. He turns other ponies evil instead, and Starlight and Discord using their combined friendship lessons the Mane Six taught them to bring back friendship to Ponyville. If this doesn't become an actual episode, then make it a Friends Forever comic!

post-11493-0-81899300-1464755611_thumb.png

(Artist: melissathehedgehog)

Now the next episode I have is actually one I'm really hoping for: a Starlight and Spike episode! I don't really care what it is, I just want it to happen! I loved their interaction in the preimere and I think they need an episode together that doesn't involve them working together to solve a friendship lesson! But I do have something for them that probably won't happen, but hey, one can hope!

Starlight and Spike start hanging out more and become pretty close, and it really makes Twilight happy to see her assistant and pupil really getting along! Unfortunately though, they start to gossip about how the other Mane Five like to hang out with Twilight, and think they pretty much only like them because they're both close to Twilight. It pretty much starts off on Rarity, and Starlight telling him that Rarity's only using his crush on him for free-labor, leading to his crush on her to go bye-bye. Sorry Sparity fans. ;) Episode pretty much ends with the Mane Five feeling bad and wanting to make amends, but at the same time Starlight and Spike realize that all they thought was just rumors. :3

post-11493-0-70982600-1464756349_thumb.png

(Artist: Manual-Monaro)

So if you're still reading this, what do you think of my episodes? I'm sure yours are just as good if not better! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Episodes where she develops friendships with the remane 5. That ending montage in the end of Cutie Remark doesn't cut it

• Brohoof 2

Episodes where she develops friendships with the remane 5. That ending montage in the end of Cutie Remark doesn't cut it

Yeah, that's true. She hasn't socialized with them that much. Perhaps Starlight should play a supporting role in some of the Mane Five's other episodes.

• Brohoof 1

The same should especially apply for her making amends with the equal 4 and the other ponies from Our Town or whatever that village place is called.

• Brohoof 3

The same should especially apply for her making amends with the equal 4 and the other ponies from Our Town or whatever that village place is called.

I want to see that to. But they kind of killed that idea when Starlight did her reformed villian montage.

Episode idea:

Starlight must go; her planet needs her.
On the way back, her Spaceship explodes.

Episode credits roll

I want to see that to. But they kind of killed that idea when Starlight did her reformed villian montage.

They could always BS it as that they had accepted that she wasn't a villain anymore, but no one really TRUSTS her, with her having to work hard at it.

• Brohoof 3

I think it would be interesting if there was an episode where one of the villagers at her old village, who still believes in Starlight's old ideology, tries forcing it on the rest of them, and Starlight needs to convince them otherwise.

(edited)

Starlight winning RD in a race > it hurts RD pride > she trains and challenge Starlight for another race >

Starlight is holding back and letting RD win > RD finds out later that Starlight wasnt serious > RD need to get over her inferiority complex or lose a friend > getting over her inferiority complex, RD hopefully wont feel the need to act like a narcissist/elitist anymore.

It would fix RD most annoying trait, and the angry comments that would follow an episode like this would be halirious.  :twi:

Edited by Twily
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Starlight winning RD in a race > it hurts RD pride > she trains and challenge Starlight for another race >

Starlight is holding back and letting RD win > RD finds out later that Starlight wasnt serious > RD need to get over her inferiority complex or lose a friend > getting over her inferiority complex, RD hopefully wont feel the need to act like a narcissist/elitist anymore.

It would fix RD most annoying trait, and the angry comments that would follow an episode like this would be halirious. :twi:

Seriously though, the entire discussion thread for the episode would be "OMG STARLIGHT IS SUCH A MARY SUE" :lol: Edited by NeonCobalt

(edited)

They could always BS it as that they had accepted that she wasn't a villain anymore, but no one really TRUSTS her, with her having to work hard at it.

Wouldn't that just be Rainbow Rocks: Starlight edition then?

Anyway, obviously since it's me and I practically want the entire show to be about Rarity, I want a Starlight and Rarity episode where Starlight further learns the value of uniqueness from Rarity and whatever happens in the episode around them.

I do agree with people in the thread that Starlight needs to appear in episodes that aren't just ABOUT her to get more time with the rest of the cast. At present im not sure if their like trying to ease into her as a full 7th cast member or if she's just this seasons main storyline. Right now she feels more like CMC level of importance. 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

(edited)

*Gets inside a riot/bullet/nuke/anti-armor sniper/angry mob proof bunker* How about Starlight becoming an Alicorn? Of course, she has to earn it and stuff. I know it's too early for this season and all. But hey, you never know, right?  :lie:

Edited by ForBiddeNinJA4

*Gets inside a riot/bullet/nuke/anti-armor sniper/angry mob proof bunker* How about Starlight becoming an Alicorn? Of course, she has to earn it and stuff. I know it's too early for this season and all. But hey, you never know, right?  :lie:

I think this video pretty much sums up my response to your post :P

• Brohoof 1

Starlight is holding back and letting RD win > RD finds out later that Starlight wasnt serious > RD need to get over her inferiority complex or lose a friend > getting over her inferiority complex, RD hopefully wont feel the need to act like a narcissist/elitist anymore.

It would fix RD most annoying trait, and the angry comments that would follow an episode like this would be halirious.  :twi:

HOW ABOUT Nooooooooooo.

>also, video for about how well that kind of a plot would work

• Brohoof 1

HOW ABOUT Nooooooooooo.

>also, video for about how well that kind of a plot would work

That was a joke to rile up insecure Starlight haters, not an actual plot that i want to see.

I actually dont care what kind of episode they will make with her, since almost anything will work well.

(edited)

Episode idea:

Starlight must go; her planet needs her.

On the way back, her Spaceship explodes.

Episode credits roll

Even if that could possibly be a rehash of Rainbow Rocks, I would accept it as that friendship montage in the season 5 finale was a terrible way for Starlight's character to be redeemed.

This would actually involve consequences to her actions and having to work to make up for her many many past transgressions.

I also find it incredibly unbelievable just how fast that they were able to forgive her major crimes against equestria.

Plus it would actually give Starlight a redemption arch instead of having friendship handed to her on a silver platter when she didn't really deserve it.

Edited by cmarston1

Spike assassinating Starlight.

I could go with this! Spike could have a jealousy issue over Starlight being a second-rate clone of Twilight, and tries to bump her off. It would give Starlight's character a graceful exit and finale that justifies her existence.  :orly:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I could go with this! Spike could have a jealousy issue over Starlight being a second-rate clone of Twilight, and tries to bump her off. It would give Starlight's character a graceful exit and finale that justifies her existence. :orly:

Or Spike feeling a little deja vu with assisting Starlight, similar how he assist Twilight.

I mean he's still Twilight's assistant, I mean telling Starlight how he assist Twilight around Ponyville.

No one getting jealous.

Edited by Brainstorm
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I have a great idea for a Starlight episode. She dies. The end.

Edit: Okay, I just want her gone instead, I can't stand her. On top of her character making no sense at all, she's a constant reminder of the show's blatant double standards. 

Edited by CJPony
  • Brohoof 1

Wow alot of people don't like Starlight! XD

Well at least it's not Spike hate! ;) At least Starlight has a reason to be hated and is not a completely different species than pony.

Wow alot of people don't like Starlight! XD

Well at least it's not Spike hate! ;) At least Starlight has a reason to be hated and is not a completely different species than pony.

I thought most people loved her. Everywhere I see, she's being praised and accepted.