Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Yesterday I was thinking. Celestia represents day. Luna represents night. It is assumed Twilight represents twilight obviously. Then we have Cadence.

We have the three different phases of a day represented by three different ponies. However, the phases of he day mean nothing if the timing is out of order. I believe this is where Cadence comes into play. I think Cadence, as her name suggests, represents rhythm. She is the balancing force between the phases of the day(Celestia, Luna, and Twilight). I was wondering what others thought about the relation between these 4 ponies and if it was significant.

Perhaps Cadence has appeared to correct the rhythm of Equestria since "the sun/day" has dominated Equestria for too long?

Twilight is not an Alicorn.

Therefore I don't hold her into the group with your theory.

However I can believe that Candace is the rhythm between night and day.

Does she have to be an alicorn?

(edited)

Twilight is not an Alicorn. I think that name was placed there because Faust had inspiration from earlier pony generations. And I think she thought the name Twilight sparkled.

And I don't think Alicorns necessarily must have anything to do with time or day/night cycles. I think Candence has something to do with love. We see in the flashback in the new episode that she can make ponies love each other. And Twilight says "Cadance spreads love wherever she goes". That might be her "Super-Special Alicorn power".

Another thing I just noticed is that her cutiemark is a blue heart. While Celestia have a sun as her cutiemark (She raises the sun and watches over day) and Luna has a moon (Se is the ruler of night and the moon) I do believe that is another clue.

(Sorry if it was a lot of bad spelling and stuff here)

Edited by Adro2503
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hmm.. I think: Love!

Posted Image

I know, I know. This is just a regular love spell. But still!

Twilight is not an Alicorn. I think that name was placed there because Faust had inspiration from earlier pony generations. And I think she thought the name Twilight sparkled.

And I don't think Alicorns necessarily must have anything to do with time or day/night cycles. I think Candence has something to do with love. We see in the flashback in the new episode that she can make ponies love each other. And Twilight says "Cadance spreads love wherever she goes". That might be her "Super-Special Alicorn power".

Another thing I just noticed is that her cutiemark is a blue heart. While Celestia have a sun as her cutiemark (She raises the sun and watches over day) and Luna has a moon (Se is the ruler of night and the moon) I do believe that is another clue.

NINJA! :ph34r:

:blush:

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's an interesting take, but just one thing - cadence doesn't have so much to do with rhythm as it does with progression - meaning it has to do with the order a set of chords are placed in, more specifically, at the end of a phrase of a musical piece

Edited by Hollowshield

(edited)

I was thinking more along the lines of their names and magical prowess rather than species. I believe Twilight is just as powerful if not more so than the Princesses.

You make a lot of good points to contest my thoughts. I think Cadence's special talent(which I mentioned on another post before) is to put love back in rhythm, hence her name being Cadence which means rhythm. I actually have no rebuttal against your argument.

Edited by bloodyfox
  • Brohoof 1

Did you not read the original post ? o.o

~

'We have the three different phases of a day represented by three different ponies."

Never said anything about alicorns.

'We have the three different phases of a day represented by three different ponies."

Never said anything about alicorns.

It's implied.

~

Yesterday I was thinking. Celestia represents day. Luna represents night. It is assumed Twilight represents twilight obviously. Then we have Cadence.

We have the three different phases of a day represented by three different ponies. However, the phases of he day mean nothing if the timing is out of order. I believe this is where Cadence comes into play. I think Cadence, as her name suggests, represents rhythm. She is the balancing force between the phases of the day(Celestia, Luna, and Twilight). I was wondering what others thought about the relation between these 4 ponies and if it was significant.

Perhaps Cadence has appeared to correct the rhythm of Equestria since "the sun/day" has dominated Equestria for too long?

This right here is Cadence's role, silly ponies~

Posted Image

That said, I do think the 'between night and day' idea works pretty well. Though if new alicorn good guys keep getting introduced we're f*cked xD

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Her cutie mark is a sapphire heart, which is explained in the episode: it represents love, she can make other ponies love eachother and get along. She doesn't have any powers over the sun or moon though.

Edited by Pegasus25

Well, we have to keep in mind that Lauren Faust did not originally intend to make Cadance an alicorn or a princess, so it's kinda hard to really figure out just where exactly Cadance fits in, and also maybe a little too easy to over analyze and exaggerate just how important she is. I mean, in all reality, the decision to make her an alicorn and princess was, when you get down to it, just an executive decision made by Hasbro for the sake of merchandising. Now, don't get me wrong, I really like Cadance; I thought that she was a really great addition to the cast, and wish we could've seen a little more of the real Cadance in the season finale. But, I think that the writers made it pretty clear that Cadance's particular talent and special ability concerns the ability to love others and spread that ability to love to others around her, which is really awesome! But, as to whether she represents anything concerning the day/night cycle, well, I don't think so; but hey, it's an interesting theory, and way too think outside the box! :D