Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [OOC] The Canterlot Tournament. (Open)

DwhitetheGamer

(edited)

Welcome to the Tournament.  (RP Link)

Alright, so this is the OOC of The Canterlot Tournament.

Description: Celestia and Luna have decided to hold a tournament in Canterlot for anypony willing to fight. The winner is crowned champion of their respective group, obviously, but there's a twist: only the special ponies with magical abilities can do battle with the princesses of their choice.

There are two groups in this RP, the special ponies, like Copper Strikes, and the normal ponies. Special ponies are the ones that have abilities that are beyond that of normal ponies.

Ground Rules:

No god-modding
No fights to the death
No one-shoting
No OP mode
Weapons are enabled, but only if you have them with you.

This is also a Slice of Life RP, so interact with other ponies, but try to stay within Canterlot unless there's a specific reason to leave the city.

SoL rules:
Romance: yes; clop: HECK NO!
You can have a traveling family, just make sure to get it through me for them to arrive to support the character you'll be mainly playing as.

There are four phases in this RP: The first phase is the signing up portion, where everyone signs up for the tourney.

The second phase is where you choose who to fight against, but in the RP it's randomly chosen.

The third phase is the team matches, you are put in teams of two and will fight together against another team of two.

The final phase is the single elimination phase, where if you lose, you're out. That doesn't mean you're out of the RP, which is why it's a Slice of Life portion, too.

Edited by DwhitetheGamer
Removed OC names at request of owners.
  • Brohoof 1

Alright, so this is the OOC of The Canterlot Tournament.

Description: Celestia and Luna have decided to hold a tournament in Canterlot for anypony willing to fight. The winner is crowned champion of their respective group, obviously, but there's a twist: only the special ponies with magical abilities can do battle with the princesses of their choice.

There are two groups in this RP, the special ponies, which include Ice Blizzard and Copper Strikes, and normal ponies like Redwood and Raze. Special ponies are the ones that have abilities that are beyond that of normal ponies.

Ground Rules:

No god-modding

No fights to the death

No one-shoting

No OP mode

Weapons are enabled, but only if you have them with you.

This is also a Slice of Life RP, so interact with other ponies, but try to stay within Canterlot unless there's a specific reason to leave the city.

SoL rules:

Romance: yes; clop: HECK NO!

You can have a traveling family, just make sure to get it through me for them to arrive to support the character you'll be mainly playing as.

And that's it for now.

Damien Bolt is always interested in a good fight, count me in! https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/damien-bolt-prince-of-bravery-r9385

(edited)

Reader: I didn't specify this like an idiot, but your OC needs to have a moveset of abilities that include stuff like the Kamehameha wave. Unless you provide a moveset, I will not have him with the special ponies, but with the normal ponies. He is accepted, though. And I'll let you play as two.

Damien: Hmmm. Are you able to make a change to your character? Meaning, not having an alter ego that might kill ponies if they're not careful?

Edited by DwhitetheGamer
  • Brohoof 1

Reader: I didn't specify this like an idiot, but your OC needs to have a moveset of abilities that include stuff like the Kamehameha wave. Unless you provide a moveset, I will not have him with the special ponies, but with the normal ponies. He is accepted, though. And I'll let you play as two.

Damien: Hmmm. Are you able to make a change to your character? Meaning, not having an alter ego that might kill ponies if they're not careful?

Don't worry, whenever I'm in an RP like this I always make sure not to use that side of him. So you don't have to worry, just pretend that part of his profile isn't there for this one.

Reader: Portals do work. He can be in the special group. And your other OC is accepted.

Damien: That works. Your OC is accepted then.

• Brohoof 1

Before we move on to the next phase of the OOC, we need more people to come into the RP. Ask around and see if anyone's willing to be in and we can move on. I've already asked a member to serve as a co-DM in this, and they will play as Celestia and Luna.

Which OC are you bringing? And are you going to give him/her a moveset for them to be in the special group, or do y poo u prefer them to be in the normal group?

Which OC are you bringing? And are you going to give him/her a moveset for them to be in the special group, or do y poo u prefer them to be in the normal group?

I wanna join with my OC  (Link: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/audacious-combatant-r9571),and since I just made him, I don't have a move-set prepared. So for now at least, I'll be in the normal group

Thank you sir, when shall we begin?

I need more players. Also I need to wait for a certain member to respond to my PM, as I need someone wth experience in controlling Celestia and Luna during battle.

Here I thought you were going to use tour other OC I've been seeing.

Either way, you're accepted, Fractured. :)

And you know what? I think we got enough players to start the first phase of the RP. More info on the OP, but Fractured, I'll use my earlier PM to explain how I want you to open the RP. Once I'm done, you're free to open it up! :D

I've updated the OP to show all four phases of the RP I discussed with Fractured. So without further ado, start up the RP, Fractured! :D

@@@@reader8363@@Fractured,

RP is now up!  Post at your earliest convenience.  :)

Also, I feel obligated to do this, but I haven't discussed it with Fractured.  Me and him will be playing half of the Mane Six for each other.  I will play the normal ones, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack, while he plays Twilight, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie, the special ones.

• Brohoof 2

Here I thought you were going to use tour other OC I've been seeing.Either way, you're accepted, Fractured. :)And you know what? I think we got enough players to start the first phase of the RP. More info on the OP, but Fractured, I'll use my earlier PM to explain how I want you to open the RP. Once I'm done, you're free to open it up! :DI've updated the OP to show all four phases of the RP I discussed with Fractured. So without further ado, start up the RP, Fractured! :D@@@@reader8363@@FracturedRP is now up!  Post at your earliest convenience.  :) Also, I feel obligated to do this, but I haven't discussed it with Fractured.  Me and him will be playing half of the Mane Six for each other.  I will play the normal ones, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack, while he plays Twilight, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie, the special ones.

Hey dwhite, could audacious's defensive skills be considered a special"power" or no?

Hey dwhite, could audacious's defensive skills be considered a special"power" or no?

Sadly, no. If he's able to defend himself well, then he shouldn't have any problem with the normal group.

He needs to have special abilities to be considered in the special group, like Copper's super forms.

Sadly, no. If he's able to defend himself well, then he shouldn't have any problem with the normal group.

He needs to have special abilities to be considered in the special group, like Copper's super forms.

Well, I currently am the only one in the normal. So what can I do?

Well, I currently am the only one in the normal. So what can I do?

Not so fast. As I had stated earlier, me and Fractured will control three of the Mane Six each. I have control of three of them whom will be in the normal group, while he plays the other three for the special group.

Not so fast. As I had stated earlier, me and Fractured will control three of the Mane Six each. I have control of three of them whom will be in the normal group, while he plays the other three for the special group.

Oh, dope that'll be fine then.

Don't worry, whenever I'm in an RP like this I always make sure not to use that side of him. So you don't have to worry, just pretend that part of his profile isn't there for this one.

*poke* Are you going to be in the RP? I need to make sure you're in to secure your spot.

• Brohoof 1

I should probably mention this beforehand, so no surprises.  :P

Twilight's alicorn abilities in this canon are something she discovered recently, while training with the Royal Sisters. Though it's somewhat of a cheat, in that they're not technically alicorn abilities at all. What it is is, trough a specific breathing practice she learned, she's able to "alter" the flow of her internal magic, moving it to certain sections in order to boost  each tribe's attributes, which lie within her.

Upwards, towards the brain- Unicorn magical surge. Heightened magical abilities and enhanced magical senses

Outward, towards the wings- Pegasus magical surge. Increased flight speed, and heightened reactions

Downward, towards the limbs- Earth pony magical surge. Increased strength, striking force, and durability.

Now of course, the downside of such magic is pretty obvious; magical flow is supposed to be rendered equally, so pulling magic from one area pulls magic from another. Hence, while she's in the middle of "surging" her magic, whichever attributes she's not boosting are instead pulled from her, making her weaker in that area (Enhanced pegasus magic means she can't use magic as well, and can't take shots as easily, enhanced unicorn magic makes her slower and easier to damage, etc.) Also, it's something that she's just learned, so she's pretty garbage at it; she can only hold this form for five minutes or so at one time, in pegasus and EP mode; unicorn's around three, because of the extra magical output. To say nothing if she decides to stock two for one. She could completely burn out her own magical reserves, and be magicless for a while. :blink:

So, yeah... just a heads up, so y'all guys know. :P