Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming 'GameWare Wired Control Pad' Review

LMW-YBC

(edited)

NOTE: I only made this review because I'm bored.

So, as the title says, I'll be giving a short review of the new GC pads I got from GAME today. I'll review 3 points (Price, Usability and Looks), then I'll conclude this review with a score out of 10 and a comment.

Posted Image

There is the control pad. Now to start...

Price:

The price is fantastic! Although it is a rather old type of controller, it still allows you to play those beloved GC games. In fact, if you search up an original GC controller on a site like eBay, you will see some for over £100!

Usability:

It works pretty good, and with the added Turbo button, you don't need to button-mash and stress your thumbs. The control sticks are nice and easy to move, but they do have one flaw; the left stick is too sensitive. I noticed this whilst playing SSBM and it was difficult to move and not make your character burst into a sprint. Also, the Z buttons (yes, there's two) are slightly harder to push than the one on the original GC controller.

Looks:

It looks rather plump and has rather weird-looking buttons, especially the L and R buttons on the back. The Z buttons are sticking in instead of out and there is a red light to indicate whether Turbo is on or off.

Now, to conclude my review, I think that this control pad is pretty good, and is a bargain for £4.99. Although the left stick can get frustrating at times, the rest of the buttons work relavently similar to the original GC controller.

Score: 8.5/10

Edited by LMW-YBC

I got an Xbox controller for my PC recently. Darksiders just doesn't work with keyboard control. Your controller also looks awesome, though.