Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Secret of double life (with Shadow Dancer)

Catpone Cerberus

Marcus dodged a majority of the objects but as expected some managed to land a hit causing him to stagger several times. Marcus took the momentary pause before the action continued, to rush up to his opponent and swing the pipe using all his strength to overwhelm the barrier around the man.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael raised his hand to take the hit from Marcus. When pipe hit, it broke from the stress caused by total of the Marcus' strength and the protective field's stopping power, but it managed to penetrate the field and hit Michael's hand enough to cause him to pull it back.

Michael hit his another hand forward forming a blast to push Marcus away. He was able to keep his protective field intact but due lost strength from it, his hand that took the blow was now open for attacks. "As you wish." He said as the red glow from his eyes got stronger.

Marcus staggered back from the kinetic blast, after regaining his balance Marcus discarded the now broken pipe, the clattering echoing a little. Marcus saw the man's eyes glow stronger and readied himself for what ever attack that was next while cautiously watching for an attack.

Michael yet again launched forward with his pipe but this time his movement was far smoother and a lot faster than earlier. But it wasn't only thing, objects that had been thrown earlier, yet again raised in the air and flew towards Marcus.

He was keeping eye out for possible counter attack.

Marcus shook his head and started to move forward this time any item nearing too close was caught and thrown back. Marcus managed to block the pipe with his arm causing it to sting for a moment, before attempting to reach around his attack and get a gut punch to further weaken the shield, managing a grin.

(edited)

Michael stopped every flying item, dodged the counter attack and backed away in calm matter. "I think you have your answer. Around here you should be fine, when it comes to my type." "I'm not stupid. You are strong, and I can't win this duel if I don't aim to kill you" "And since I won't do that, I have to ask for truce." He still was ready to defend, in case Marcus was going to attack, he seemed to enjoy the fight.

Edited by The Cerberus

Marcus smiled and put down his hands, "Well since I have no aim to kill you and the purpose of this sparring match is concluded, I accept your truce." Marcus dusted himself off. "That was quite fun haven't had a fight like that in a long time. Maybe we'll see each other again, till then."

(Check OOC)

"I admit I had my fun too" "It's been a while since I had a fight with a good challenge." Michael turned away and started walking towards a alley close by "So longWe'll meet again sooner than you think." He said as slowly he disappeared into darkness of the alley.

Marcus walked back to his home with a similar feeling as the masked man. "Yea I guess we will." As usual Marcus looked around himself out of an old habit that kept him alive during active duty. He spotted nothing unusual as he expected, but he couldn't be too careful.

(edited)

Michael took his direction towards where he usually met with his one of his few allies. He didn't really have that many because of his choices for targets, but it didn't really bother him, since they were mostly for information.

When he arrived, he found who he was looking for, but not in a state he was hoping for. "Killed, Mage type, not long ago." (thinking)

He started searching the body and the area for messages after giving his respect to his fallen ally.  

Edited by The Cerberus

Marcus arrived at his home, and sat on the couch for awhile before moving to the kitchen to cook something up for himself. So he got some hamburger meat out and started cooking. A few moments later he finished cooking and sat down to eat. Relaxed and not expecting much of anything to happen.

Michael found small paper from his ally's pocket, it was written in his ally's handwriting. 'Mask has been dropped'. It was self-explanatory to him, someone knew that Michael and The Mask, were a same person. Michael headed back home, thinking about it.

As he arrived, he put his stuff back into safe and laid down to relax a bit.

Marcus turned on his TV wondering what the news was deciding to say now. It ended up being a few robberies, a murder and something about the crazy ass presidential election that had never stopped showing up for months now. Seeing nothing of interest on he flipped to a crime drama and sat back for an hour to watch.

(edited)

As night was its highest, two groups of three anomalies, one of each type in both, each equipped with a knife were closing by at two homes.

Outside Marcus' house.

There was no talking between the three anomalies, mission was clear, whoever lived in that house, had to be eliminated. They didn't know exactly who the target was, only where he would be found. They had no plans to be quiet, and the strength-type kicked the house's front door down.

(You can take control of them now.)

Outside Michael's coffeehouse/home.

Three anomalies nodded to each other, it was time to finally get rid of the pain, that was The Mask. Without any time wasted, they went through the backdoor and met with Michael, already masked and sword in his hand "Welcome"

Edited by The Cerberus

Marcus's head snapped to the door that just got kicked in. He saw three men walk through the opening. Marcus got up with a sigh and started towards his attackers uncarring of their knives.

Marcus ducked the strong ones swipe and took his arm and broke it, the attacker screamed and Marcus used the moment to snapped his neck. The fight was over in a few seconds.

The flying anomaly charged at Marcus and the mage type started firing bolts. Marcus sighed as he dodged the bolts and caught the flyer by the knife arm tugged the man towards him and took the knife and slashed the intruders throat, using the body to block some more mage bolts.

Now it was him and the mage, who looked fearful. Marcus capitalized on the fear and charged the man pinning him to the ground putting the knife at his neck. "Attack and I will kill you, lie and I will kill you, annoy me and I'll kill you. Understood?" Marcus's voice was hard.

The man spoke fear still evident. "Y-yes"

"Good. Now why the hell did you attack and who sent you?"

"We were told to come to this address and kill whoever was inside. We were just hired via emails on the internet by some anomaly cult and they paid good money."

Marcus killed the man quickly and stood up and took out his phone contacting his superiors. He got the answering machine. "This is Marcus, subject 57 authorization code 3996. I just had 3 hostile Anomalies attack one of each type, hired goons by a cult to come to my address and kill whoever was inside. They did not know about me specifically but their employers did and I would like to find out how."

Marcus got off his phone and started to search the bodies for IDs cash and phones. After finding these items he pocketed the cash and started searching the phones for anything relevant.

(edited)

Anomalies looked each other and winged one and strength-type charged towards Michael. Michael swung once and the strength-type fell motionless to the floor, then he blasted winged one without killing him through the door between café and living area destroying the door.

He then launched towards the Mage type that was holding protective field in front of him, but for intruder's surprise, Michael's hand just passed through the shield and grabbed his throat. "You are weak." "Shame. I was hoping you would entertain me even little." Michael's eyes got brighter, and after few seconds, he dropped the motionless body on the floor.

He then walked in the café, where the winged one was on the ground looking horrified at Michael. Michael raised the sword up staring right at anomaly's eyes. "Wounded birds are to be put down, sorry." he mocked before hitting the final blow.

He then proceeded to clean up the mess.

Edited by The Cerberus

"Fucking useless bullshit!" Marcus exclaimed when he found nothing useful on the phones the emails just as useless. He kept them in case he found someone who could get any useful out of them. "There's a mole in the science division covering my augmentation related topics. So now I have to find a way to get these bastards off me or I'll be dealing with them endlessly." Marcus mentally made finding the mole top priority. Marcus exited the house after disposing of the bodies thinking of some popular anomaly hangouts.

After disposing of the bodies and cleaning off the remains of the broken backroom door, Michael looked at a paper that he found from one of the attackers' pocked, it was list of names, pictures and some information next to them. Michael's section was only one that wasn't crossed out, others were anomalies that were either Mask's allies or Michael's customers. Michael ripped the paper into pieces and threw it in the trashcan. "Send someone to kill me, it's entertaining. Kill a friend.....well, it's your funeral."(thinking) He stormed into the night eyes burning behind the mask and heading towards a area he knew was popular meeting place for shady anomaly business.

It was quite the walk but he arrived at a nearby popular underground anomaly hangout. He opened the door and stepped inside. Most paid him no mind except for the guards at various places on the edges of the club. Electronic music boomed from the speakers and the smell of drugs, cigarettes and beer were prominent in the place. Marcus sat at a table ordered a beer and looked around.

Michael arrived to his destination. There was a underground place close by, but he wasn't going in, because he wanted to question someone in peace. It didn't take long when one flying anomaly landed close by and noticed him, but before it could react in any way, Michael had already grabbed from his wings was keeping him on the ground in a way he couldn't move much. "Mich..I mean mask, what are you....?" "I know how to break your wings from so many places that I have lost count." "So, I ask you only once, Who is the one, that 'unmasked' me?"

Marcus took a sip of his beer as he looked for an information broker. This person would beable to give him a pointer to the mole and group who was leading everything. Soon enough he spotted a slim man looking around nervously. Marcus sat next to the man and took another sip of his beer. "What can you give me on moles and anomaly cult groups, I have the cash."

Winged anomaly raised a grin. "Oh, did someone break something in your little c..." Michael broke one of anomaly's wings and got ready to break the another."Aright, aright. It's some kind of cult, Nobody knows who they are, kill lists are sent sent to people by different means with information of the targets." "There is always a good money price for each of the targets." "They send messages as rumors, and they promise better life for us anomalies, if we do as they wish." "And those who are not on their side, will be eliminated." Anomaly explained in panic "P-Please, That's all I know"

The man nodded, "What about them?" Marcus took another sip. "I was attacked by a group of anomalies that were hired to kill me. One through some convincing said they were contacted via email by a cult. I'd like to know the name of the most well connected anomaly cult known, one that could place moles in top secret experiments." Marcus handed the man an envelope with a hundred and fifty dollars inside. "This will get you started, the better the information you give the more you get. Inside is a phone number call when you gain anything. If it is big enough give me a location to meet. Of course crossing me for profit will end in your death and trust me I have the resources to find you no matter where you go."

The information broker nodded and gave a slip of paper with his own name and number on it.

Marcus smiled, "I look forward to doing further business with you." Marcus got up and finished his beer before exiting the building.

Edited by Shadow Dancer

(edited)

"Is that so?" Michael broke second wing just to make sure. "Y-yes! I don't know anything!". "Well then you are useless to me." "But I let you live, for now." Michael let the anomaly go and he headed straight to the few outside guards and pointed them where Michael was. They were mostly mage types. As Michael got ready for a  fight, he noticed Marcus coming out from the hangout place. "What is he doing here?"(thinking)

Edited by The Cerberus

Marcus was out of the hangout and took a look around and saw the masked vigilante standing nearby. Deciding to start up a conversation. "We meet again it seems odd to be honest first yesterday now today. Guess it is a turn of odd coincidence. Marcus glanced back, guess you may get company soon."