Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Moon Dancer Fan Club

Sommar

(edited)

This club is dedicated to the character Moon Dancer first seen in the episode "Amending Fences".

image.png.e2a2eb0bf4e5adba8fd6ffc612bb4ae3.png

I personally think she is a well developed character. Let's hope we see more of her in future episodes! :D

Edited by Lightwing
Given an image for consistency
  • Brohoof 8

Moondancer, I lost it when they lured her with the books LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember seeing Twilight fanart while ago where  she was lured with the books

Moondancer totally like Twilight in Season 1 beginning<3<3<3 

• Brohoof 3

Another cute nerdy poneh :wub: . Poor girl, how much she suffered so much, but glad she's now better  ;) . She hardly looks like how she was despicted in the comics though. Have some, pre-Making Amends Moon Dancer  :yay:

Comic_issue_SS_Moondancer.png

363px-Playskool_Moondancer.jpg

• Brohoof 5

I for one love her as a character, she's nerdy, a bookworm, and is basically what Twilight probably would have been if she had ignored friendship to focus on studies, also I can relate to Moon Dancer, it's hard to trust some people because being hurt by a friend is the worst thing in the world and it can definitely affect your whole view on having friends, also love how she's a recoloring of Twilight.

post-5578-0-90339800-1436068320.gif

post-5578-0-75560600-1436068330_thumb.png

post-5578-0-50953000-1436068347_thumb.png

post-5578-0-55852000-1436068353_thumb.png

post-5578-0-96516500-1436068360_thumb.png

post-5578-0-19884400-1436068380_thumb.png

• Brohoof 4

Moondancer later on. A lovely soul removes herself from isolation and finds the joy in friendship. 'cause Twily have a heart of Twily :twi:

1172518_1359022474097_full.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I have a thing for nerdy characters. Particularly ones that have red and white in their color schemes. She's all of my favorite colors, and is nerdy and not very social. So relatable to me, more so than Fluttershy who was the first relatable character on the show. The way she broke down was a surprisingly realistic depiction of mental breakdowns, and I thought the voice actress did a fine job depicting that. I think she's one of my new favorite ponies. Bonus points for wearing glasses. Not enough ponies do.

One thing I didn't like about her though was her design. I thought it was kind of awful (particularly since she was an inferior version of Twilight with a horrible hairstyle), although with major potential. So I made a fanart to tweak it to something I thought would be more fitting:

moondancer__redesign__by_arylett_charnoa

• Brohoof 5

I liked her character and the need for Twilight to come to terms with being a bad friend to those in Canterlot. I certainly loved the glasses and pulled back hair. While i LIKED her similarities to Twilight in her attitudes i didn't like that they did an exact replica of Twilight's mane for some of the photo shots. While that's common practice for Hasbro to do (change colors to existing mane 6 mane's and voila new pony merchandise) I thought that was really lazy not to differentiate between the two better. It seemed she was way too much like a "clone" of Twi in every retrospect. Hopefully the fanbase can continue to do more with her if Hasbro does not. 

I'd love to see brushables of her and Treehugger but we shall see if Hasbro misses obvious ways to sell merchandise and satisfy the fandom. . 

• Brohoof 2

It seems I'm not the only one who felt let down by her design, and as someone who read the comics and seen the fanart of her based on her G1 incarnation, it hit a little harder. Hopefully this club can help expand on a character with tons of potential and share her exuberance with the world.  

In other words, let's post a bunch of Moondancer fan art!

my_little_pony_mlp_moondancer_fim_style_

sCjdt.png

5f7af009490aead12651c158a944fa96.jpg

moondancer_by_avarick-d5g6x7w.png

moondancer.jpg

moondancer_by_raikoh_illust-d6y00o3.jpg

• Brohoof 4

Moondancer is the best character added to the show this season. I think she's adorable, and I felt bad for her with how she felt.

And to be honest...she makes for the perfect ship with Twilight.

post-24559-0-88673700-1436689313_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Howdy all!

YES! Theres a Moon Dancer Club!! :yay:

Like Twilight Sparkle shes a bookworm but more into books than making friends.

Glad Twilight went back to Canterlot and made up with her and the rest of her academy friends.

Loved Kazumi Evans as Moon Dancer

Yep the voice of Adagio Dazzle in Rainbow Rocks & Octavia Melody plus a heck of a singer as Rarity, Adagio & Princess Luna :wub:

Hope Kazumi sings as Moon Dancer in a future episode.

See ya!

• Brohoof 1