Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you miss most about older episodes?

ggg-2

Not really anything about the episodes themselves but more my feelings and place of being when I was watching them. The brony fandom in its infancy, I was still getting to know the Mane Six, the world still seemed so mysterious. Of course all of these things are fleeting by their very nature and I wouldn't want a show to spin its wheels forever, I'd have gotten bored of it very quickly despite a strong start.

So really, call it what it is, I miss the nostalgia. Other than that, I have no complaints about the show's continued . . . improvement!

(Because sometimes the "it's not as good as season x" really annoys.)

((x = any arbitrary season prior))

• Brohoof 1

Seeing the Royal Family having more screen time and dialogue in the show, especially Celestia and Luna. They've been reduced to being all about exposition and having to be rescued from the villain lately in the finales, especially in To Where and Back Again, after they had a major role in being the heroes for once in The Crystalling, which I think was one of their best moments so far in the series since I always enjoy seeing their manes and tails flow so nice and smoothly in an episode they appear in, especially if it is not a season premiere/finale. When they flow at a slower pace in other episodes, like Gauntlet of Fire, I'm still okay with it as long as they get plenty of screen time and dialogue, or at least a surprise appearance with either none or a couple lines worth of dialogue in the episode at all.

When the show wasn't pop culture overdosed. The past two seasons had the show dating itself with references to Suicide Squad, Game of Thrones and Donald Trump's run for the presidency.

Well, in a way it's good the current episodes focus on just 2 or 3 characters because it gives them depth.  But, it would be good to have 1 or 2 episodes with all 6.  Also, they were supposed to be salvaging The Castle of the 2 Sisters (Rarity was supposed to be working on the tapestries, for instance + can't believe Twilight would abandon the library).

They were also supposed to be decorating Friendship Castle.  They could have an episode combining the 2 where they move this stuff in to Friendship Castle

Also, the old library Science Lab that Twilight had.

Though I enjoy the more recent seasons, in fact probably more than the first few, there some things that I miss from seasons 1 and 2.  For starters, just the general feel of episodes like "Dragon Quest" and such, where the episodes are a lot more casual, with plenty of character interactions as well.  The color scheme of the episodes has also recently expanded from the original paler colors to more diverse and vibrant color choices, which gives the newer episodes an entirely different tone.  Oh yes... and the thing that I miss most of all...

season5_ep3_21_by_drawponies-d8pddmi.png

:(

I miss the emotional punch that episodes like Princess Twilight Sparkle, Twilight's Kingdom, Flight to the Finish, The Mane Attraction, Crusaders of the Lost Mark, and Amending Fences were able to provide in the last two seasons.

I hope season 7 can go back to this.

You make it sound like half of the episodes were not in the last two seasons.

No need for cramming pop culture references in to episodes at all cost.

Pinkie's charme that made her stood out from all the wacky, goofy fun characters.

Not so much songs and if they are there, they are actually good.

Celestia was still a cool character.

Discord was still a cool character.

Much less extremely cartoonish faces.

No Twilight clone.