Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

!!!WARNING CRINGE!!! (CAN CAUSE BRAIN DAMAGE) What if it is a Mature Rated film that explained info that the tv show couldn't

FillyDilly9trillion

It would take place 30 years ago, The mane 6 haven't even been born yet and would star a much more "crude" protagonist(also He's a Donkey),what do you guys think? give me your impressions. i would say more but i only have a vague concept of it.

Edited by FillyDilly9trillion

It would take place 30 years ago, The mane 6 haven't even been born yet and would star a much more "crude" protagonist(also He's a Donkey),what do you guys think? give me your impressions. i would say more but i only have a vague concept of it.

>All of that post

>random donkey protagonist

>None of the mane six

>Rated "mature"

I'm sorry, but

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

I'm just having a hard time following any line of logic here  in what you're actually wanting the film to be about. :/

• Brohoof 9

Based off what ive heard i see this has gone two ways

1) didn't explain myself very well or....

2) THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA!!!

i appreciate your feedback, criticism is very important

to give you a better understanding i'll answer some of the posts confusion

PS: ill switch it to PG-13

(The main problem here seems to be that we don't share the same perception of "mature")

If you think im saying something along the lines of "shadow the hedgehog" then you'd be very wrong.

I don't want guns, Aliens, drugs and swearing. i want a deep story with a more complex understanding of the world

plus like i said in the title, it would explain things that are A. too complicated or B too dark...

(I don't understand the post at all, like what would be the point of having a random donkey protagonist and setting the movie 30 years in the past? Does it really even need to be mature rated?)

1. i said i only have a vague concept, a lot of these ideas are Far from complete

2.it's PG-13 now....your welcome.

i hope you guys understand a little bit better,if not tell me why?

ALSO: synbassilicious pony. not gonna lie, you hurt my feelings, i know you were joking but still, it made me sad.

I think having the film rated higher than the series would be a massive betrayal to the primary audience of this franchise.  We already have the comics bending over backwards to accommodate us older fans, let's just leave the cartoon and its accompanying film to the people that they were originally intended for.  There's plenty of other places to look for grimdark stuff.

• Brohoof 4

I think if you made this film this way it would not by My Little Pony: The Movie, and if it had that title on it, and I somehow got tricked into walking into the theater and watching it, I would be pretty pissed off.

Just saying.

I don't mind maturing up the film a bit more for the audience, but there is stepping over the line and then there is getting a running start and doing a cannonball past it.

While screaming.

• Brohoof 2

A PG-13 My Little Pony movie sounds pretty ridiculous.

Not only is the content in the regular show nowhere near to that level, it would end up as adding darker elements to a show that never really had any of them.

And that wouldn't turn out very well.

Also why would Hasbro want to do this in the first place.

They would lose out on a lot of audience members if it was rated PG 13 instead of the most likely G rating that the actual 2017 movie would get.

• Brohoof 1

A PG-13 My Little Pony movie sounds pretty ridiculous.

Not only is the content in the regular show nowhere near to that level, it would end up as adding darker elements to a show that never really had any of them.

And that wouldn't turn out very well.

Also why would Hasbro want to do this in the first place.

They would lose out on a lot of audience members if it was rated PG 13 instead of the most likely G rating that the actual 2017 movie would get.

It won't be G if there's any amount of action in it

• Brohoof 1

Why would the My Little Pony movie be rated Mature? That's kind of an extreme direction don't you think? If anything, I can see it being rated as either G or PG depending on whether there is any mild violence to be found. I'm leaning towards the G rating myself.

• Brohoof 1

Michael Bay presents My Little Pony, with twice the action as Transformers and none of the boobs

And just as horrific as those movies and the majority of live action adaptations

• Brohoof 1

I want it to be PG, but not anything past that; About what the comics are, or on par with shonen series like digimon.

Death is okay, but not GRAPHIC death. Likewise, characters being beaten up (like what occasionally happens in the comics) with small bruising or nicks/cuts are okay.

But Mature? No. No no no.

Michael Bay presents My Little Pony, with twice the action as Transformers and none of the boobs

And just as horrific as those movies and the majority of live action adaptations

>Video related

• Brohoof 1

I think this topic has run it's course.

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked