Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Equestria fell into a Dystopian State?

SaburoDaimando

During the episodes "Magic Duel" and the "Cutie Remark," we saw what happens when Equestria(Or Ponyville in the former's part) fell into a state of Dystopia.  Where everything that made Equestria a land of harmony was suddenly a state of despair.  Thankfully, ether the event came to past(Magic Duel) or never came to be(Cutie Remark).   

But what if that scenario happened?  Where one individual would overthrow the Equestrian Royalty and take his/her name as the new ruler of Equestria?  And with that title, he/she manages to create a Totalitarian state, subjecting every species(And not just ponies) under a harsh rule?

What would your thoughts be if all of Equestria became an Authoritarian state, and everyone from the Unicorns, to the Pegasi, to the Earth Ponies, the Dragons, the Griffins, the Yaks, the Changelings, and even a Draconequus are subjected to this individual's rule, and no magic is able to stop this dictator?

I don't think it would be much a show. Maybe a two parter or some such could explore that, but as an all encompassing idea for the show itself... nope. MLP thrives on balance and harmony, to destroy that would effectively kill MLP itself.

• Brohoof 1

The idea has been brought up in other episodes besides the two you mentioned, yet they were enough to show that Equestria simply cannot function if it were to be without its rulers there to guide it. A dystopian society would result in most ponies being either wiped out or altered to fit in with the changesto the status quo. Those who remain will struggle due to not knowing what they can do.

I have a fanon that I like to amuse myself that Flurry Heart in the future is a tyrannical fascist alicorn that sees pegasus and earth ponies as inferior and unicorns superior. She creates a nation that forces pegasus and earth ponies to work more as slaves and servants while the unicorns are the elites. Manehattan was the last stronghold against the Flurry Empire but fell and is now used as an imperial colony where they keep earth ponies to work in magic factories. There is an underground resistance of earth ponies, pegasus and a few unicorns that are against the fascist imperial. 

• Brohoof 3

I have a fanon that I like to amuse myself that Flurry Heart in the future is a tyrannical fascist alicorn that sees pegasus and earth ponies as inferior and unicorns superior. She creates a nation that forces pegasus and earth ponies to work more as slaves and servants while the unicorns are the elites. Manehattan was the last stronghold against the Flurry Empire but fell and is now used as an imperial colony where they keep earth ponies to work in magic factories. There is an underground resistance of earth ponies, pegasus and a few unicorns that are against the fascist imperial. 

HAIL FLURRY HEART.

That's very amusing. I'd like to see a fanfiction about this.

Sounds a little mature for this show, I believe. Of course, there is always fanfiction.

This show has shown some darker situations.  Such as Queen Chrysalis trying to take over Equestria(Twice), what King Sombra did to the Crystal Empire, and Lord Tirek nearly conquering all of Equestria.

This show has shown some darker situations.  Such as Queen Chrysalis trying to take over Equestria(Twice), what King Sombra did to the Crystal Empire, and Lord Tirek nearly conquering all of Equestria.

I know. It's just that we're very unlikely to see anything pg-13. In other words, reaaaaaallllllly dark.

I know. It's just that we're very unlikely to see anything pg-13. In other words, reaaaaaallllllly dark.

No way do I want to see Ponies getting killed.  After the Transformers Movie of 1986, that's the last thing I need to see happen to the Mane 6: Where they get replaced by characters we never knew.

No way do I want to see Ponies getting killed.  After the Transformers Movie of 1986, that's the last thing I need to see happen to the Mane 6: Where they get replaced by characters we never knew.

True. Very true. That wasn't one of Hasbro's smartest plans.

it wouldn't last. There would be bitter resistance to the death or the regime woudl crumble due to the lack of resources and quality needed to make it function. This could be seen in Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia & North Korea. They fell or are falling apart. 

That harsh a rule? Most ponies would rather die. 

That would be an... interesting direction to take her character in... :blink:

But to echo what @@Vlazamal said, I'd probably read this if it was a fanfic.