Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shining Armor is stronger as well as prefers to fight for Cadance over Celestia

cider float

1. Shining Armor even though the captain of Celestia's royal guards would go all the way to help Cadance protect her empire. 

2. Shining Armor's own love for Cadance seem to overpower Celestia when Chrysalis used it on her. Which could even imply that Shining Armor is stronger than Celestia.

3. Where was he and his guards when other threats like Nightmare Moon, Discord would threaten Equestria? Nowhere. But when some evil unicorn tyrant threatens Cadance's kingdom he's there way ahead of the mane six.

4. He went face to face against one of the major villains, King Sombra so he could buy time for the mane six to retreat. A rather bold move done for once for a captain of the Royal Guards that don't seem to do much. Apparently for Cadance he would do it.

Sure there was that one time he stepped up against Tirek in Canterlot but remember Cadance was also in that throne room so can't really mark that up as being more loyal and dutiful for Celestia.

Edited by cider float

I don't see how that second point adds up. Shining Armor's love might be strong, that doesn't mean he's stronger than Celestia. We're not sure how love translates into power for Changelings either. Chrysalis could've been feeding off of him for some time to get that strong.

I don't see how that second point adds up. Shining Armor's love might be strong, that doesn't mean he's stronger than Celestia. We're not sure how love translates into power for Changelings either. Chrysalis could've been feeding off of him for some time to get that strong.

"Shining Armor's love for you is stronger than I thought."

Plus it was Shining Armor and Cadance that pushed Chrysalis out of Canterlot.

Shining Armour's love is not equivalent to his magical power. If we compare solely based on love power, it's easy to assume that Celestia's become too guarded to love, and so overall prefers to avoid it, making hermuch weaker. Magically, though? Celestia simply has had more time to hone her skills; Shining Armour would presumably stand less of a chance against an equally juiced up Chrysalis.

Also, he didn't fight other threats to Equestria for the same reason that Celestia didn't intervene, which is because... uh... Celestia told him not to? That comes back to the oldest of questions in this show, which is not what you're talking about, really.

Edited by AlexanderThrond

Shining Armour's love is not equivalent to his magical power. If we compare solely based on love power, it's easy to assume that Celestia's become too guarded to love, and so overall prefers to avoid it, making hermuch weaker. Magically, though? Celestia simply has had more time to hone her skills; Shining Armour would presumably stand less of a chance against an equally juiced up Chrysalis.

Also, he didn't fight other threats to Equestria for the same reason that Celestia didn't intervene, which is because... uh... Celestia told him not to? That comes back to the oldest of questions in this show, which is not what you're talking about, really.

When love and friendship is above all else the strongest magical source in this series yeah I would say his own love is his own power.

When love and friendship is above all else the strongest magical source in this series yeah I would say his own love is his own power.

It doesn't exactly seem he can channel it in the same way Chrysalis can; even Twilight rarely actively uses friendship magic, so these particular sources clearly arise spontaneously, and it seems to me that it takes multiple ponies to use such relationship magic. So, no, I don't think his love is his magical power, and if sent into the field, I think he would be unable to tap into it for anything other than motivation,

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, despite the show saying that Celestia is super powerful, she never really proves that.

In fact, being stronger than how she has been portrayed doesn't seem to be that much of an accomplishment.

• Brohoof 2

I would prefer to fight for Cadence over Celestia to if I was in love with and married to her.

I don't know how strong Shining Armor is, his power (or his love if you prefer) was added on top of Chrysalis... basically magnifying her by an untold amount, Enough to take out Celestia at least. I don't think that means he is stronger than Celestia is. As for Nightmare Moon and Discord, well he as was not invented yet I am guessing when Nightmare Moon showed up in the premier, so we can say he was off doing duty someplace, or hanging with Cadence or whatever... and that pretty much holds true for Discord.... it is not like he could have been of any help in either situation though.

Yeah he stood up to Sombra... for Cadence... AND Twilight.. his little sister, he was trying to protect her and her friends as well. I was less a bold move and more of a necessary one i would say. If he hadn't.. who knows what would have happened?

I really am not sure where you are going with all of this.. he is loyal to Celestia and the kingdom, but I fully expect him to be MORE loyal to the mare and family he loves if he has to make a choice between them.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, despite the show saying that Celestia is super powerful, she never really proves that.

In fact, being stronger than how she has been portrayed doesn't seem to be that much of an accomplishment.

Not sure where the show said she was super powerful really. She could have been stronger in the past but for now she would be leader because of her leadership and governance. 

That's one mistake, along with many others, the people on the show will never fix even though an infant can already figure out how to do so.

143 episodes with each episode being roughly 22 minutes. If you turn all that time into a series of 90-minute movies, you can get over 34 90-minute movies. To quote Spoony, "I can't comprehend that much bullshit."

Didn't Cadance and Celestia also have a relationship with each other? You'd never figure that out even if you watched all the episodes of the show. And when was the former introduced? 4 years ago? That's some more serious incompetence in storytelling.

• Brohoof 1

Second point makes literally no sense lol

Shining Armor is nowhere near Celestia or even Twilight in terms of base magical ability.

Jesus, Chrysalis fed off the love of shining armor and cadence basically, when she absorbed enough of there powerful love for each other, she became far more powerful

But if Chrysalis took Celestia and fed off peoples love for her, she would become a goddess basically

It has NOTHING to do with Shining Armors actual raw power, if they fought right now, it would be a laugh.