Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Friendship & Adventures OOC/Sign Up

Rainbow Sparkle

(edited)

RP Thread: http://mlpforums.com...-adventures-rp/

Its been a year since Discord's brief return, and it would seem that all is going well in Equestria. But then, one day, Princess Celestia comes down with a strange illness, lossing her ability to use any of her magic. Worried about her sister and the kingdom, she initially considers asking the Elements of Harmony to aid her in finding

the cure. But a visit from a mysterious creature convinces her that there is more to this illness than meets the eye, and that sending the Elements out could put Equestria at threat of attack.

And so, she decides to instead have flyers put up all over equestria, asking for any pony who feels brave enough to face certain peril in a quest to find a cure for the ailing Princess of the Sun....

Okay, I'd like to first say that at most, six or eight people should be the maximum number of players. Too many people and it'll become hard to keep track of some things (not to mention it'll become increasingly likely we'd have to have split parties, and that could make things complicated)

Anywhosit, this is an idea I've had brewing in my head for a while, that was inspired somewhat by Final Fantasy and Icewind Dale II.

Here's the character sheet for you guys-

Name: your name, duh

Race: Earth, Pegasi, Unicorn, Zebra, Donkey, or Winged Unicorn*

Job: this is effectively your class, so keep that in mind

Description: what cutie mark you have will without a doubt go here.

Bio: Tell us a bit about your character.

Misc: Anything potentially important you feel like adding.

*Winged Unicorns are not alicorns, they are ponies who have the abilities of both Pegasi and Unicorns, but are not as skilled at either.

This will be a social/actiony RPG. I'll be using a dice roller for difficult stuff or for combat to see how things go and such, and will simply go with the basis that anything above ten is a success, and below is a failure (with ten requiring a reroll)

Anyone interested?

Current Players:

Magicon-Conference Room

Greenwind-Conference Room

Cain-Conference room

Ponydos-Conference room

pinkie pie agent of random-Conference room

vega-Conference Room

jumping bean-en route to castle

Synic-En Route to Conference Room

Morning Amnesia-Newly added, Waiting for Post

Reserved Players:

(none currently)

Edited by Rainbow Sparkle
Linked in the RP

(edited)

Alright, finally getting a chance to read character pages. More info will be in this post after I finish reading each one.

Midnight Song accepted

Magicon-Graahhh.....darkish character...rmmmm....I'll honestly have to think about it. The last MLP FIM rpg I was a part of that had a darkish character had the unfortunate result of me getting booted out of said rpg (as I considered the Gm's character to be a paranoid idiot.) Any way to potentially tone the dark bits down?

Cain-Hey, I didn't know I was a blue pony! Anywhosit, accepted

Flare Blitz-accepted

Synic- Gr...he seems interesting,.....hrrrmmm...is he just gloomy, or is he actually dark?

Jumping Bean-Accepted

Chillax Pacify-Interesting. Accepted

Cogitus-I'd like to know how he was one of the few survivors of a parasprite invasion when one considers that Parasprites only eat food unless having otherwise been effected by magic. Otherwise, accepted.

Six out of eight accepted. We can go for...two more players besides the two needing to be answered, for a total of ten players.

Edited by Rainbow Sparkle
  • Brohoof 1

Magicon-Graahhh.....darkish character...rmmmm....I'll honestly have to think about it. The last MLP FIM rpg I was a part of that had a darkish character had the unfortunate result of me getting booted out of said rpg (as I considered the Gm's character to be a paranoid idiot.) Any way to potentially tone the dark bits down?

umm... I really like the character though and I'm not actually sure what I can tone down in the background info. During the RPG, I can definitely play a more light-hearted character though. In addition, I wouldn't be wanting anyone to get booted or hurt by the character. We're here to have fun and that's the important part. I just thought having a dark character would allow more drama and excitement. He can still be dramatic, if you want, but I totally can tone-down the dark side in the rpg just not the background.

Colonel Ketchup- Erm...I'll have to think about it. Describe to me how you would play the Colonel.

umm... I really like the character though and I'm not actually sure what I can tone down in the background info. During the RPG, I can definitely play a more light-hearted character though. In addition, I wouldn't be wanting anyone to get booted or hurt by the character. We're here to have fun and that's the important part. I just thought having a dark character would allow more drama and excitement. He can still be dramatic, if you want, but I totally can tone-down the dark side in the rpg just not the background.

That's what I was mostly thinking. Basically, you play him with the premise that something has happened to lighten his views of the world around him (not to where he's Pinkie levels of happy smiley, just less dark)

Magicon now approved, seven of nine players.

I haven't done an RPG in forever. Sure, why not?

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/capra-blackwater-r437

The description may make him seem somewhat dark, but I'd play him as more clinical and scientific. His interest in the adventure is due to his study of magic and because he wants to gather information about a strange magical phenomenon that he has never seen before. Also, I didn't mention this in the profile, but if it is okay, I'd like for him to be able to use some magic. I know he's just a goat, but his character makes more sense if he has at least a little magic ability.

How would the Colonel act? Well, a couple examples.

Lets say there is actual danger. What you get is a cool assessment, knowledge, and always a few backup plans. The right tactics and tools lead to a good outcome. This leads to faster progress, a lower percentage of time and resources lost, and even victory.

Then lets say there is the possibility of danger. A sunny meadow with duckies, a pie picnic, and happy campers eating pie and offering it. What you get is suspicion, precautions and tests for hostility, and some awkward scenes. While at some times this may prove invaluable and save lives when it turns out it was really a magically disguised mine field [Just a random thought..], other times it just slows things down, makes things a bit funny and a bit embarrassing, or even causing hostility with impatient NPC's or group members.

Sound acceptable?

(edited)

Synic- Gr...he seems interesting,.....hrrrmmm...is he just gloomy, or is he actually dark?

Just gloomy, none of that evil crap.

EDIT: And yeah, like Magicon said, I won't be that depressing character that just makes the RP suck. I'll definitely tone it down.

Edited by Synic

After some thought, I'm afraid that I must withdraw my application. I don't think this is the right sort of RPG for my character.

I haven't done an RPG in forever. Sure, why not?

http://mlpforums.com...blackwater-r437

The description may make him seem somewhat dark, but I'd play him as more clinical and scientific. His interest in the adventure is due to his study of magic and because he wants to gather information about a strange magical phenomenon that he has never seen before. Also, I didn't mention this in the profile, but if it is okay, I'd like for him to be able to use some magic. I know he's just a goat, but his character makes more sense if he has at least a little magic ability.

I can accept that. My opinion is that all the creatures in Equestria have some amount of magic in them, which is how I explain animals being semi-sentient/more intelligent.

How would the Colonel act? Well, a couple examples.

Lets say there is actual danger. What you get is a cool assessment, knowledge, and always a few backup plans. The right tactics and tools lead to a good outcome. This leads to faster progress, a lower percentage of time and resources lost, and even victory.

This parts fine...

Then lets say there is the possibility of danger. A sunny meadow with duckies, a pie picnic, and happy campers eating pie and offering it. What you get is suspicion, precautions and tests for hostility, and some awkward scenes. While at some times this may prove invaluable and save lives when it turns out it was really a magically disguised mine field [Just a random thought..], other times it just slows things down, makes things a bit funny and a bit embarrassing, or even causing hostility with impatient NPC's or group members.

Sound acceptable?

Hmm...you know, if your character was a mare and a bounty hunter, this would sound oddly familiar. As it is...as long as he doesn't get overly suspicious all the time and doesn't act like he thinks everyone's out to get him, I'm cool with it.

Just gloomy, none of that evil crap.

EDIT: And yeah, like Magicon said, I won't be that depressing character that just makes the RP suck. I'll definitely tone it down.

Good. Character accepted.

After some thought, I'm afraid that I must withdraw my application. I don't think this is the right sort of RPG for my character.

Do you want to revise this statement considering I'm accepting your character?