Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Friendship & Adventures RP

Rainbow Sparkle

(edited)

Link to OOC Topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/16085-friendship-adventures-oocsign-up/

Its been a year since Discord's brief return, and it would seem that all is going well in Equestria. But then, one day, Princess Celestia comes down with a strange illness, lossing her ability to use any of her magic. Worried about her sister and the kingdom, she initially considers asking the Elements of Harmony to aid her in finding the cure. But a visit from a mysterious creature convinces her that there is more to this illness than meets the eye, and that sending the Elements out could put Equestria at threat of attack.

And so, she decides to instead have flyers put up all over equestria, asking for any pony who feels brave enough to face certain peril in a quest to find a cure for the ailing Princess of the Sun....

----------------------

Five days later,

Princess Luna watched as her sisters chest slowly rose and fell, her body hidden beneath the covers. Even though she seemed to be doing nothing more than sleeping peacefully, Luna knew that this wasn't the case. A terrible affliction had fallen upon her, one that not even her own powers could do anything against. And even after she had tried to get help from the best mages and doctors in Equestria, nothing had worked. It didn't help that they didn't even know what afflicted her. All they knew was the slowly but surely, Celestia was losing her magic.

"Is she doing any better Luna?"

Luna turned to see Twilight slowly waking up, lifting herself from the pile of books that surrounded her. Luna shook her head, returning her gaze to Celestia as she murmured "No...but she hasn't gotten any worse today. But within another week, or even a month, she may not be able to perform the simplest of spells."

"It's okay Luna, I know we'll find a way. You said yourself that you have an idea, that's why you put out all those flyers. I'm sure someone will come who can help." Twilight frowned then, and added "I still wish you'd fill me in on why you think a group of 'hero's' will be able to help though."

Luna bit her lip briefly. She wanted to tell Twilight about the visit from that strange creature she had seen several nights ago. But he had warned her that letting the Elements of Harmony know could be dangerous, and that it was best to keep them here in the castle where they could protect Celestia from whatever it was that was ailing her.

"I have my reasons Twilight. But thank you for helping me to keep an eye on her. She seems more peaceful when your here, even if your presence does nothing to actually stop this..."

Twilight perked up at this, a smile gracing her features. "Thank you Princess Luna, I'm always willing to help a friend."

A clock in the room chimed, and Luna sighed. "Please Twilight, continue to keep an eye on Celly. I must go attend to the Day court while she is ill. Perhaps today someone will finally answer the call I've sent out..." With that, Luna left the room, stopping long enough to nuzzle her sister softly before heading to the throne room where she would deal with the various matters that came with ruling a nation. She dearly hoped that someone would come today, declaring that they were there to answer her call.

Meanwhile, at the entrance to the Palace, Luna's and Celestia's guards kept an eye out for anyone carrying the flier. Like her highness, they hoped someone would soon come to heed the Princess of the Night's call.

Edited by Rainbow Sparkle
Linked in the OOC

Magicon had noticed the fliers in Manehattan and in Ponyville. He was initially skepticasl of them, but upon further inspection they were official. He immediately took one and ran to his library to see if there was anything he knew or could find that would help Princess Celestia with whatever illness was afflicting her. Sadly, none of his ancient texts had anything remotely similar to what he might think she had. In addition, Magicon wasn't a unicorn known for healing spells; he only knew a few for cuts and bruises. Realizing though that if Princess Celestia would be unable to perform her duties turmoil would brew and problems would arise that Princess Luna wouldn't be able to handle. 'Princess Celestia must be cured', he told himself as he packed his things and left Manehattan.

Arriving in Canterlot he went straight to the royal palace carrying a flier and presenting it to the guards. "I'm here to answer Princess Luna's call."

As MidnightSong wonderd the street not knowing what to do "Should I try to save the princess" he thought "but I cant do anything right way even try" he said as he looked up at one of the flyers as he sighed.

(edited)

Cain was down on his luck. It seemed that the demolition business had fallen into a deep pit for some time now, and he was close to not being able to pay the rent on his house. He was willing to do anything that could earn him that little bit of money, and when he saw the Royal Guard posting fliers and notices in Ponyville about some sort of 'quest' to help the ailing Celestia, he wasn't too keen to take the chance, although his adventurous spirit probably urged him onwards.

Although, Cain thought that announcing that Celestia was sick to all of Equestria wasn't such a good idea, and could cause mass panic. Then again, hiding it from the public eye would probably exacerbate the situation. Cain didn't pack anything besides his essentials, he wasn't sure if there would be a 'screening' process of sorts, to make sure the ponies chosen for the quest were the right type. He had warmed up his wings in the morning, and took off from the roof of his house, bound for Canterlot, with a flyer, some of his bits, and some snacks in his saddlebag.

Edited by Cain

As Flare walked along the streets of Cloudsdale while taking a "break" from adventuring he noticed one of the flier. "So Luna is looking for someone to find the cure for Celestia's illness? Well it's about time something happens around here." Flare said. He then took the flier and rushed back home to get his Phoenix, Solaris. "Come on buddy it's time for another adventure." Solaris chirped with excitement as Flare went to pack a few supplies. "Ok" he finally said. "Time to go" Flare said as he let Solaris out of his cage.

When he arrived at Canterlot he was stopped by the guards. "Halt" one of them said "None shall pass!" "Oh really?" Flare replied "Well can I pass if I have this?" He then pulled out the flier and the guards let him in after apologizing. "Hello? Im here to find the cure for Celestia." He said as he held up the flier.

GM: Currently replying to those who have stated there at the palace gates

Arriving in Canterlot he went straight to the royal palace carrying a flier and presenting it to the guards. "I'm here to answer Princess Luna's call."

The guards notice you, and one of them, a unicorn, approaches you and takes the flyer, seeming to make sure that its the right one. After confirming it, you see the guard nod at the others, and they swing the gates open. He hands the flyer back to you, and it seems a glimmer of hope has appeared in their eyes as they usher you through the gates.

The one who checked your flyer says "Proceed into the palace and show this to one of the guards or servants inside. They'll take you to a conference room for a brief bit. If no others come today to aid the Princess, you will speak with her highness before the day is over. If you'll excuse me..." the soldier than returns to his station outside the gates as they swing shut.

Just as they're doing so however...

When he arrived at Canterlot he was stopped by the guards. "Halt" one of them said "None shall pass!" "Oh really?" Flare replied "Well can I pass if I have this?" He then pulled out the flier and the guards let him in after apologizing. "Hello? Im here to find the cure for Celestia." He said as he held up the flier.

The head guard comes over and checks your flyer, and once again the gates swing open to allow entry. He repeats what he told the first pony to come to the gates, and then returns to his post, a smile beginning to form on his and some of the other guards faces.

A few days ago Chillax was lying around ponyville like usual when he came across one of the fliers. He looked up at it and realized he hadn't left ponyville ever since he'd settled down there. "Maybe recently I've been a little... too chill." he thought to himself as he took the flyer down. He pondered the idea of an adventure. "If the princess needs help, then I can always try and lend a hoof. Even if all the other ponies are going to bigger than me I doesn't matter. I can always try." He said in his usual mellow tone as he packed the flyer into his saddlebag.

Chillax packed up his things and started walking on his stubby legs to Canterlot. He'd just arrived and trotted up to the gates and held up the flyer. "still room for somepony to help out the Princess?" he asked of one of the guards.

(edited)

After flying to canterlot Song heads up to the gate and says to the guards panting "I'm here to help the princess"

He'd just arrived and trotted up to the gates and held up the flyer. "still room for somepony to help out the Princess?" he asked of one of the guards.

You are both quickly put through the same checking process that the first two have been through, and as they let you into the palace grounds the guards attitude seems to be improving for the better, knowing that finally, some are answering the call to aid Princess Celestia in this dire time.

GM: For the moment, its basically your all going to end up in the conference room until we have all the players. Its a brief time period for each character to get to know the others while we wait for everyone to be present.

Capra Blackwater let out an expletive under his breath as he closed the final book he had set out to examine. He leaned back in his chair, his steely gray eyes aimed upwards at the ceiling of the Canterlot Archives. He ran his hoof through his slicked back hair, mumbling to himself.

"Still nothing of note. Not even a faintest of hints."

His eyes dropped down to his desk. It was covered with stacks of ancient magical tomes, history books dating back to the dawn of civilization in Equestria, and the journals of several famous explorers from years past. All of it was neatly organized for ease of reference, in keeping with his obsession with precision and efficiency. Capra took a small red logbook from the desk and opened to the page for today. He took a quill, dipped it in ink, and began to write.

"After four days of further research in to the ancient buffalo crypt found near Appleloosa, I have come to the conclusion that if any sort of arcane powers of note were present there at any point, they have been lost to the sands of time. No information could be gathered from any historical texts, and all of the artifacts taken from said crypt were found to be useless. Essentially, it is another dead end."

He replaced the quill on the desk and sighed, holding the logbook open to allow the ink to dry. It was a long shot indeed, but he had felt pretty good about it. The design of the crypt, the symbols on the terracotta jars, the emblem above the door; all of it seemed to fit so well, but whatever power that might have been there had died off long ago with the tomb's ancient builders. He placed the logbook on the desk and stood up for the first time in roughly four hours. He stretched his remarkably stiff legs one at a time, grimacing as he did so. After that painful exercise, Capra began filing the books and scrolls away just as he had found them. His horns glowed with a blood red aura as he magically lifted each text and placed them on the shelves. A goat with magical ability was not an everyday sight in Equestria, so he rarely used his magic in public so as not to attract too much attention. He placed the last scroll back on the shelves, rearranged two others that he noticed were out of order, and returned to his desk. He placed his logbook in to his worn, black saddlebag, turned of the desk light, and left the Archives.

Capra returned to his small, yet still rather comfortable apartment. It was sparsely furnished with only a desk, two small chairs, a large chest, and an end table with a phonograph on it. The entire north wall was one massive shelf, half covered in books all alphabetized and neatly organized by subject, and the other half full of ancient magical artifacts obtained by means of... questionable legality. Capra slumped down in to his desk chair, resting his head in his front hooves. He ran countless different scenarios of what to do next through his mind, but he couldn't keep his thoughts in order. He decided that the best thing to would be to get some sleep and figure out his next move tomorrow. He removed his unusual black uniform, took a quick shower and went to bed.

Capra felt considerably better the next day, but he still couldn't decide on what to do next. He skipped breakfast, electing instead to return to the Archives and get an early start on his research. As he methodically worked his way through the busy streets of Canterlot, he came across a royal guard handing out flyers of some sort. His curiosity piqued, Capra approached the muscled, white pegasus pony.

"Excuse me, may I ask what is going on?" asked the goat.

"Princess Luna is asking for all of the greatest heroes in Equestria to come to the castle to quest for a cure for Princess Celestia. Here, further information is in the flyer." responded the guard, who handed Capra a flyer.

"Interesting..." mumbled Capra to himself. "Thank you sir."

Capra examined the flyer carefully. He had heard about the princess's ailment. It was not something he had ever encountered or even heard of before. A deity level being like Celestia losing her magical ability for no apparent reason. Bizarre indeed. The magician sat down on a nearby bench and thoroughly examined the flyer. A smile crept across his face as he began to consider the situation.

"If Luna is sending out flyers, she must have some sort of confirmation that this supposed cure exists, so it won't be another wild goose chase." he thought to himself. "A way to restore a deity's power. I never anticipated something like that existing in Equestria. This could be a massive step forward in my efforts. Yes..." by this time the smile had become a full fledged grin. "At the very least, I'll get first hand knowledge as to how it works, even if I can't obtain it outright. I could then replicate it."

Capra stood up, still stunned at his incredible good fortune. He turned and headed in the direction of the castle, still running scenarios through his mind. He quickly reached the castle gates, having walked there at quite a brisk pace that bordered on running. He strode up to the guards and presented the flyer.

"Good morning. My name is Capra Blackwater. I am here in regards to this flyer."

Arriving at Canterlot, Cain decided he still had some time to kill, and went off for a bite to eat, having ravenously finished his snacks during his flight. "Oooh! Maybe I should go to Donut Joe's!" He thought, and the mere imagination of the rows upon rows of delicious donuts were to his sweet tooth like a red rag to a bull. He trotted off down the streets to find Donut Joe's shop.

~

Cain had just about spent all his bits, much to Joe's delight, buying a huge variety of donuts, and walked out with several 'to go' and a full stomach of doughy, icing-topped goodness. He took off and flew low atop Canterlot, narrowly missing several clothes lines that hung between buildings, and eventually reached the Princess' palace. He was still marvelled at the size, beauty and raw power that emanated from the building. Well it did signify the two sisters' power. He shook off his amazement and walked up to the large golden gate that barred the way into the castle courtyard. "Uh, I'm here about this?" He said, pulling out the flyer, now covered in doughnut crumbs, and presenting it to the array of guards standing faithfully at the gate.

Jumping Bean was, for lack of a less punny term, jumpy. His day had started out like any other; he woke up early, drank a stiff cup of coffee, ate breakfast, drank a stiff cup of coffee, read the morning paper, drank a stiff cup of coffee, opened up the Java Junction, and then drank a stiff cup of coffee. That, however, was all before he noticed the fliers scattered around Ponyville. At first, he casually dismissed them. He had never been on an adventure, nor had he any desire to partake in one, not when there was coffee to be served to his pony patrons and pals. However, for whatever reason he couldn't get the flier out of his mind. Something compelled his thoughts to stray, for the first time he could remember, to adventure. In fact, the more he thought of it, the more he gave serious consideration to closing up shop, packing a saddlebag, and heading on down to Canterlot, ready to venture forth into the wild world. Of course, every time he thought it, he quickly dismissed such foalish ideas.

"What on earth would a pony like me want with an adventure?" he asked himself. "I have all I would ever need right here; my friends, my coffee, and of course the Junction. I'd be best off leaving all that gallivanting to the brave heroic ponies of Ponyville."

But as the day wore on, his thoughts became less reassuring; less convincing; less determined to stay in the comfort of Ponyville while others got their manes tangled in all kinds of daring do.

The end of the day found JB sipping on a hot cup of his favorite brew, gazing listfully at the flyer on his countertop. He had read it perhaps a hundred times during the day, and as evening's inky hooftips played across the Western half of the sky, he couldn't help but imagine what it would be like to have an adventure of his own. Perhaps there was some magic in the air that had been playing with his mind and made the notion of the journey seem less and less ridiculous; whatever the reason, he suddenly rose from his bar stool, flipped the sign on the front door to 'closed' (despite the fact that he wasn't scheduled to close shop for another half hour), and make his way to his bedroom, where he purposefully set about packing his bag. He included basic rations, some cold-weather gear just in case, and of course, plenty of coffee beans.

Sleep brought dreams to the young pony's mind; dreams of gallantry and quests that took him far and wide. By morning, his mind was full of magic, mystery, and mischief, as he filled his favorite mug and set off towards the train station. He gave one last look towards his house as he left, and suddenly, felt nostalgic and unsure as to whether this was really a good idea after all. When, if ever, would he see his home again? Would he ever return to serve the finest coffee to his friends in Ponyville?

As if in response, a strong gust of wind suddenly swept through the town, whipping up in its wake a flier just like the one he had spent the whole of his yesterday perusing. Convinced that it must surely be fate grabbing him by the hoof, he allowed himself to be led towards the station, and he boarded the train without another look backwards.

The trip to Canterlot was passed in contemplative silence for Jumping Bean. He slowly sipped at his coffee as he wondered just what he was getting himself into. He felt a bizarre mosaic of emotions; excitement, nervousness, and anticipation only rounding out the top of the list. As the train ground to a halt at the Canterlot station, he swallowed any trepidation left in his body, chased it with a gulp of java, and made his way towards the palace.

One of the guards at the gate took a glance at Blackwater's flyer. He looked at Blackwater quizzically.

"You're a goat?"

"Why indeed I am. Thank you for reminding me. I had forgotten."

The guard's face turned beet red as he began to stammer. "I apologize for that. I... I didn't mean to... It's just that we don't see many goats around here in Canterlot."

"No offense taken." said Blackwater, with a dismissive wave of his right front hoof. "Now then, may I enter the castle?"

"Oh, yes of course." The guard returned Blackwater's flyer. "Go on in to the castle and show this to a guard or servant there. They'll show you to a conference room where you'll speak with Princess Luna."

"Thank you very much."

Blackwater made his way up the steps and in to castle. He was quickly met by two more guards, to whom he also showed the flyer. The guards summoned a nearby earth pony servant to escort Blackwater to the conference room. As he walked down the massive corridors, Blackwater realized something.

"I'll be in a team." His head dropped slightly and he let out a grunt of displeasure.

"I should have realized that right out the gate. Highly unfortunate. Oh well. With a situation like this, I expect that the best adventurers in all of Equestria have turned out to help. Besides, this is likely to be a very risky endeavor. Assistance from experienced travelers will be very helpful.

They reached the massive door at the end of the long passageway. The servant opened it for Blackwater, who mumbled a "thank you" to the pony as he entered. The door shut behind him, and he found himself to be in a large rectangular room with a very impressive mahogany table at it's center. Blackwater took a seat at the left end of the table and scanned the rest of the places at the table, closely examining his fellow adventurers.

(edited)

GM: In an effort to stir up some posts... This is for those who have reached the conference room (which is everyone whose gone thru the gate so far.

A maid comes into the room, and after a moments thought, comes up to Blackwater(him being the closest to her) and asks "Is there anything I can get for any of you?"

(edited)

"I'm fine thank you though" said Song boardle at a table. Just then he remberd he has his gitar he then rock it out and started to strum on it with no real song playing

Edited by GreenWind

Blackwater glanced up at the maid and smiled.

"Why, yes. I would like a glass of water please."

Returning to his examination of his fellow adventurers, he frowned as he scanned the room. He did not find the rather motley assortment of characters to be very reassuring.

"Not what I expected at all. The magician and the pegasus with the bird appear to have some experience, but the others are simply average people."

His head dropped down in to his hooves.

"I refuse to hold their hooves through this. If they can't cut it, they can go home or fall behind. Simple as that. This is too important to be delayed by these people going through learning pains."

He looked back up at the others.

"Who here has any experience with adventuring?"

"Well I had a gig in the town but none of them liked my music I told them they didn't know good music so they could all just shut up and in joy it they hot mad and they chased me out of the town cussing at me" he said looking up at backwater

Magicon who had been silently sitting, but keenly observing figured that these ponies must be desperate for adventure and excitement. Poor souls. He decided to inject himself in the conversation. "Well then, you certainly know how to upset people." Magicon teased. Referring back to Blackwater's question Magicon stated, "I've never been on an adventure, per se, but I've had my fair share of scary and dangerous experiences."

Blackwater was silent for a moment as his brain tried to digest what he had heard. He locked his gaze on Song and shook his head.

"No, that does not count. It does lead to an obvious question though; why are you here? It is a safe assumption that this quest will be quite dangerous, especially for those who lack experience. If I were you, I'd carefully consider the situation, for your own safety as well for the sake of the mission. Unless you are absolutely certain that you can handle all that we encounter, you should not participate."

Turning to Magicon, Blackwater smiled.

"I am not concerned about you. You obviously are highly gifted in magic; I can sense it. You should manage just fine."

"I can handle my self i don't need your consuren thank you though i've been in tougher messes then this and im here to stay no matter what you say" He said looking at Blackwater with angry eyes.

"No offense intended." said Blackwater, folding his forelegs. "I am merely concerned with the success of the quest. If you think you can handle yourself out there, I will do nothing to stop you."