Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Good names for a heroic knight

heavens-champion

The paladin in my profile picture is named "Crusader Anderre" which I got from World of Warcraft. Though for best results you could always take English, French, or German first and last names, and see what you get.

Forgive me, for it is not everyday that I get to use this meme.

Late Edit: Just to keep in touch with the actual needs of the user who started this question... Gaelic, Germanic, or Latin names are your best bet. French can also work in a pinch if you want a more... refined sounding name.

Edited by GlaciesFrost

There's specific names with heroic connotations? Last I checked no one necessarily names their child "killer" or anything morbid, even back in the middle ages, or if they're not me playing CK2.

Or perhaps you're going to be concerned about the relative culture the character is from, and so while his name may have heroic connotations to an Anglo-Saxon might ring notes of sinister intent? I can see how a Sir Welhelm, Sir Leninov or a Sir VanDemonn might sound far less noble or romantic than a Sir Christopher, Sir Marquet, or a Sir George of Stonewall.

Ultimately the name of a character gets its weight based on what the character is connected to or does. The name is neutral. Depending on what themes in your story or world you want to be active, then tying characters to that theme will do more for the name than the name itself. As a basic and quick example: if you want to play a Thomas Jefferson and suggest everyone from cities are corrupt ass holes than anyone who might have in their name "Of [big City/Burrough/]" with a minor noble title will help to define them as being antagonistic or untrustworthy when the over-all theme is established and we know that generally speaking those with simple names and/or with something like "of [location]shire/county" are the good guys.

Because in the end, the Shire evokes among the initiated...

... proper down-to-earth country simplicity.

Edited by AaronMk