Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was the recent Deathbattle spoiler-y for MLP?

LordDiscord

SPOILER WARNING: IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE NEW DEATHBATTLE, GO WATCH THAT BEFORE READING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

As everyone one my know, the recent Deathbattle had a matchup between Deadpool and everyone favorite party pony Pinkie Pie. Before we get into to this let me explain what a Deathbattle is for those that may be unfamiliar, Deathbattle is a series that take two media icons and clashes them together into a epic fight to the death. The 2 announcers (Wis and Boomstick) gives a analysis of the characters backstory as well as their powers, weapons and weaknesses. They then give a animation were the 2 character us said abilities to see witch of them would come out on top, then by the end the winner is declared and Wis and Boomstick  gives some final thoughts as to why they won.

Now with that out of the way, on with the main topic. The issue I have noticed is that, in the analysis of Pinkie Pie, Boomstick makes a remark about CutieMarks, where Wis goes on to explain what they are, but as he was explaining, they show the clip from Crusaders of the lost mark" where the CMC get their cutiemarks for the first time. Now yes, I know it has been some time, sense then but I would hate to think that there maybe some bronies out there that may have lagged a bit when it comes to the seasons and may not have reached that season as of yet, and maybe trying to stay spoiler free until they catch up, only to have such a big reveal, be spoiled without warning. Now I don't fault ScrewAttack as I don't think spoiling was their intention, I still see this as a big spoiler, and I would urge if any of you might have a friend or know someone that likes both MLP and Deathbattle, that have not gotten to Season 5 yet of MLP to warn them to atleast finish season 5 before tackling this new deathbattle.  

Yes, it is definitely in the spoiler territory, but if anyone knows about Death Battle that is something they should know going into the video. If they don't know about Death Battle and might be watching that particular video as their first, hopefully seeing the analysis of Deadpool first will give them an idea of what to expect. I think his comes first so there is at least that.

Sometimes avoiding spoilers on the internet can be a gargantuan task if someone is really trying to do so until they see all of the stuff for themselves.

I also want to add that while I don't watch Death Battle much, this one was definitely my favorite. The ending was amazing.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, it is definitely in the spoiler territory, but if anyone knows about Death Battle that is something they should know going into the video. If they don't know about Death Battle and might be watching that particular video as their first, hopefully seeing the analysis of Deadpool first will give them an idea of what to expect. I think his comes first so there is at least that.

Sometimes avoiding spoilers on the internet can be a gargantuan task if someone is really trying to do so until they see all of the stuff for themselves.

I also want to add that while I don't watch Death Battle much, this one was definitely my favorite. The ending was amazing.

It was mine as well, and I see what your saying, but at the same time, their were plenty of scenes they could have used that did not require the CMC to get their point across. I don't recall the Rainbow Dash analysis being to spoiler-y so if anyone was a fan of Deathbattle they may refer to that episode believing that the analysis will be solely Pinkie Pie.