Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Any Country Music Fans Around?

Twisted Cyclone 🚓

I love classic country. George Jones, Johnny Cash, Webb Pierce, Ray Price, Buck Owens, and so many more, plus all the old bluegrassers too!

Newer stuff... I'm not quite as into. There are artists I enjoy, like Dwight Yoakam, Lyle Lovett, Alan Jackson, and George Strait, but it's a much smaller and thinner list. And I despise most "Modern" country. Just pop music with cowboy hats.

I'm not a fan of country in general, but I'm a pretty big fan of Scotty McCreery. If I'm not mistaken, the first concert/live performance I have ever been to was of his right after he won American Idol and I love a bunch of his songs.

I do not like country. I can not even attempt to deny it. It is a genre that is either really irritating or depressing (and not in a way I like). But I didn't come into this topic to say that. I came here to post the country-related genres/songs I like.

Bluegrass. It's probably pretty strange that I would enjoy this... But I just have to say, it works.

I suppose this is old country? Why can't country sound like this?

I also love John Denver, but I consider him much more folk than country.

• Brohoof 1

I personally prefer metal, but I do like to listen to some country once in a while. I am a large fan of Johnny Cash, and I do like a few songs that are played on the radio, but I can't think of the song titles right now.

Here is the same with me I'm a huge Johnny Cash fan. If you like country try listening to a band called Social Distortion

I do not like country. I can not even attempt to deny it. It is a genre that is either really irritating or depressing (and not in a way I like). But I didn't come into this topic to say that. I came here to post the country-related genres/songs I like.

Bluegrass. It's probably pretty strange that I would enjoy this... But I just have to say, it works.

Monroe was always phenomenal. On that vein, I recommend checking out The Stanley Brothers, Jimmy Martin and The Country Gentlemen if you haven't already.

• 4 years later...
(edited)

I like country music! I like the classics/legends a lot obviously, but I also like alternative and modern artists too, like Lucinda Williams, The [Dixie] Chicks, Alison Krauss and Chris Stapleton (just off the top of my head)  ^_^

Edited by Dita_B