Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Any Dragon Quest fans?

CaptainDoubloon

I'm one of them, but I own the physical copy of Dragon Warrior / Quest 1-3 for the NES, 4 for both DS and NES, 5 and 6 for DS, 7 for PS1, 8 for PS2, and 9 for DS. My brother is one of them as well, but he got me into the game series in the 1st place. If I remember what got me started into this series, It's most likely that I started from Dragon Quest 3 on the NES and so on. I do believe I have Dragon Quest Heroes for PS3 which is on Japanese, but I also have it on my steam wishlist although I can play the game from my brother's steam share library. I just need to work with the controls on steam.

• Brohoof 1

DRAGON QUEST 8 IS COMING OUT!??? OMGGGGGGG I hope the music is as good as it was in 7! I hope the monster catching is still there! The cool weapons systems! DRAGON QUEST IS THE BEST!

Dragon quest 7 was the best game I ever played on whatever system that was (3 or 2 don't remember)

And dragon quest joker for the handheld system (whatever handheld thats for)

One of the best series!

wait... I thought dragon quest 8 already came out. Well, none of the dragon quest games since 7 have truly lived up to the name, especially not sentinals of the starry skies, with the poor animation and DLC stuff. You can't even get all the achievements in that game anymore since they took the shop offline.

A real 8 coming out is great! lets just ignore everything since 7

Edited by trademark2

Wow, nice! Have you ever played the Dragon Quest game that was released on the Nintendo Wii? I kinda liked that version but after awhile I got tired of swinging my arms.

Dragon Quest Swords? never played it.

DRAGON QUEST 8 IS COMING OUT!??? OMGGGGGGG I hope the music is as good as it was in 7! I hope the monster catching is still there! The cool weapons systems! DRAGON QUEST IS THE BEST!

Dragon quest 7 was the best game I ever played on whatever system that was (3 or 2 don't remember)

And dragon quest joker for the handheld system (whatever handheld thats for)

One of the best series!

wait... I thought dragon quest 8 already came out. Well, none of the dragon quest games since 7 have truly lived up to the name, especially not sentinals of the starry skies, with the poor animation and DLC stuff. You can't even get all the achievements in that game anymore since they took the shop offline.

A real 8 coming out is great! lets just ignore everything since 7

Actually Dragon Quest 8 was good even though I only played the game to help my brother, but I'll start on my own data somehow. There was a lot of changes in Dragon Quest 7 compared to the PS1 version, but I'm pretty sure the Vocation Grinding restriction may apply from Dragon Quest 6 like Killing Weaker Enemies will not count for vocation grinding.

Metal Slime Family was my favorite slime family to level grind on. I did manage to befriend a Metal Slime in Dragon Quest 5, but It wasn't easy. I always Grind on Metal King Slimes in Dragon Quest 8 and 9 for a lot of exp, but all-or-nothing attacks like Thunder Thrust and Executioner or Hatchet Man is more effective on metal slime family. Metal Slash would work, but it goes well with Falcon Blade.