Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Ever-Ending : Behemoth of the Tracks [CLOSED]

FancyHorse

@@FancyHorse,

Fifth Cart

Business Seating

"I'm just gonna let things run their course and relax, I at least payed for my seat." Which she promptly did moving her chair so it went back and she sprawled on it and sighed in content, listening to the others do their thing and not paying much heed.

• Brohoof 1

@@FancyHorse, @@genessee 

After Lory followed the rough-looking pony into his office along with Lance, she simply stood by the corner of the room: her mouth shut, while her head was in utter turmoil. She chose not to sit down - evidently, she was too impatient to do so. The mare tapped her hoof in a rhythmic manner onto the carpet floor, her eyes scanning every single inch of the office's interior in search of any sort of distraction.

In reality, she wouldn't be nearly as annoyed to be there, were she only by herself. Having Lance go through punishment for something he should not have been involved to begin with made Lory feel extremely uneasy. Yet, she was uncertain of the reason why she felt that way: whether it was guilt, or a somewhat odd sense of justice, or the plain fact that she was unfamiliar with the concept of working together with somepony else for long periods of time. Being taken into custody was her own private little sanctuary. She'd never thought about sharing such personal matters, especially with those who did not deserve it.

Soon enough, her sights locked onto one of the many pictures displayed on the desk.

"Cool photo." She commented, not ceasing the hoof tapping. "Did you guys meet before the incident? Was your faction bought by the CJTS then?"

• Brohoof 2

@@Driz @@FancyHorse

Lance looked over at the picture Lory was referring to. He lost interest almost immediately and began trying to read Lory's tone. He had learned to do this over years of trying to sell his business of chores. If somepony sounded annoyed and didn't want to be bothered, Lance skipped asking them if they wanted to pay him to do basic chores until they sounded more cooperative. He never really got good at it, though, and it ended up costing him hundreds of jobs because of it. He could tell she felt off-- he was sure about that, her tone was slightly different-- but couldn't place it further than that. He sighed angrily and settled into his seat. This chair was much more comfortable than the ones at Economy Class, which wasn't a surprise. 

• Brohoof 2

@@Driz,@@genessee,  

With a sudden ring of the phone near his terminal he reached for it. 

"Coach master." He stated. 

There was a pause as the inaudible mumbling of the receiver continued.

"Yes sir." He stated. 

"No sir. I have it under control." He stated, was he refering to something? 

"Two sir. I have them now." He said making a gaze to the two of them.

"Detain? No. I'll handle it myself. No need Patrinko." He added, was he talking directly to the security head!? He figured out so fast? Then again.. it is a train. 

"Roger that." He ended as he hung up the phone. Sitting up right into his chair he looked directly at the two .

"I've been an employee of Celestial Junctions since the beginning. All rail operators given the option considering its sudden emergence and not enough time to properly search for employees. They had to group the most experienced." He stated. 

"Now. I want to tell you something. A practical good reason why we have these arbitrary rules. Two years ago. Queen class carrier Robertson Albertio- if you're an art major he's some.. famous actor/painter whatever. That's just the name of the train- anywho! So this was right around the time traveling had become more or less in a decrease. Not many ponies traveling between places for obvious reasons. " He said. 

"So two years- Coach master Mathis is being lenient. Economy passengers coming and going about throughout the Business class. Business class doing the same going into the empty royalty class. " He says. 

"Now I don't know to much in between but from what report I read during such... A riot broke." 

A riot? On a bloody train? Sounds... unthinkable? 

"Business class was consistently complaining. Everypony arguing about the cubicle seating and who go their turns. Ponies congregating- all just thinking they could go about their own ordeals. All because Mathis gave the impression that it was open due to a lack of space. And just as the passengers were being told to get in line they began to be disobedient." He continued. 

"So- with the security marshal unable to control them. The train's security personnel were tasked to dealing with them. " He stated, reaching into his desk drawer and retrieving a file he pulled out a small photograph showing them of a passenger cart- the windows gapping with furious flames and ponies scrambling from any possible exit to flee.

It looked like something straight from a news reel.

"So. Mathis was fired. Seven security personnel were severally injured and two passengers died." He added, as an icing to this awful mess.

"Since then- CJTS has been implementing these harsh regulations. It's for everyponies safety. And I get why you may be wanting in. Comfy, extra meal a more classy environment. And I would be perfectly fine with it. This is the smallest amount of passengers we have ever had on our trips. But if I don't start implementing these rule- I get fired. We all get fired or penalized." He speaks his tone becoming now more so in a soft spoken, as though asking for some type of understanding. Empathy.

"I mean we already served you a complimentary breakfast." He said, referring back to the food issue. 

With a slight pause setting in he sighed. 

"So. With that done... I'm letting you go. As in back to your seats." He said. A sudden rush of relief escaping with the rather generous slap on the hoof. 

"DO NOT- go back in the business class seating. It's all I ask. Unless instructed by us or security." He added. 

"Okay?.... You may go." He said relinquishing them of their captivity. 

• Brohoof 1

@@FancyHorse @@Driz

This speech gave Lance the idea that it was going to be the 'You did wrong, GTFO' kind of thing, where the coachmaster stated that the two would be dropped off at the nearest station, blah, blah doom blah blah. But when he heard the words 'I'm letting you go', Lance's ears perked up and his jaw went slack. He took a second to take it in that he still had a chance at a new life. "Uh, er, well, uh... yes, sir. Thank you, sir." He wasn't sure what he did next.

Lance vaguely remembers drifting out of the office, through the train and eventually ending at Economy Class in a daze. The entire time, he was expecting to wake up out of a daydream at some random train station where he had been kicked off of the locomotive. But it never happened. After a few minutes, he was convinced this was real, and he began deciding what to do next. Should he ignore Lory? No... that's too harsh. Should he just sit in his seat and not do anything for the remainder of the trip? I could try, but I wouldn't last. He just wasn't sure what to do. In fact, he was so disoriented that the only thing that told him he was in economy class was that his seat was very low-quality. 

• Brohoof 1

@@FancyHorse, @@genessee

Lory had been glancing around the office, uninterested and distracted by the nothingness. A few seconds later, she swiftly returned her attention to the coach master, seeming to have just noticed that he had been speaking for the last couple of minutes.

"...Hmm? What was that? Oh, sorry, pal! I couldn't help but to be extremely bored while you were telling your story. I hope it wasn't anything important." She said with a smug smile on her face. She truly did not pay much mind to the senior pony's speech - deliberately so, in order to annoy Hoofington -, but she was still able to gather some pieces of it. Something about a commotion breaking out due to passengers invading each other's divisions. Perhaps the chaotic reality from current times weren't much different back then.

Furthermore, the mare managed to get a glimpse of the episode's photo. She had partaken in a fair share of riots herself, but still, that image felt rather unsettling. The question was; just how did simple complaints of discomfort amongst the travelers result in a catastrophic scenario of those proportions? Such was the snowball effect: something that starts off insignificant, eventually builds upon itself, becoming more and more serious. Shortly after, Lory dismissed those thoughts. She wasn't ignorant in the slightest - she wouldn't let such an inoffensive act transform into anything disastrous. Or at least that's what she believed. After all, she was a professional.

"Welp! This lecture sure was unnecessary!" She scratched her ear. "Anyhow... If there's nothing else to be discussed, I guess I'll be on my way. Good talk, chief." She saluted, and left the room.

Heading straight downstairs towards the economy class, she went into the bathroom once again in order to take the rest of Sparkling Amber out of her: she untied her mane and put the piercings back on. Looking back up from the sink, the mare met with her own reflection displayed on the mirror. A simple satisfied, cheerful smile was enough to maintain her carefree nature.

Edited by Driz
  • Brohoof 2

@@Driz @@FancyHorse

By the time Lance was coming to his senses, Lory was already in the bathroom. He hadn't noticed her walk in, and hadn't noticed her rudeness in the office. Eventually, his gaze drifted off towards the windows, and he was surprised to see how awesome the world looked-- even a post-apocalyptic Equestria-- from the inside of a train. It felt like he was just watching a play; whatever happened onstage, stayed onstage. 

• Brohoof 1

@@genessee,@@Driz, @@Mentis Soliloquy, @@Techno Universal, @@Hazard Time, @@Stripes  

The drone emitted its humming buzz as it scoped about the horizons at the train perimeter. But with little to note Glebb was just about to call it- until he noticed to their left relative to their facing. 

Over their railing and out into the arid flat lands a pummeling of smoke bloomed in the distant. 
"Hm.. Arytom!" He called out to his companion. 

Both taking note they take out their binoculars. Artyom with his talkie ready. 
"Turbo Killer. Copy?" He stated. 

With their views sited their zoom gave clarity what they spotted... One, two... several. Its almost a bloody convoy!

"Watcha got for us?" Jaquis' familiar sinister tone spoke through the radio.

"Got us some technicals. Bearing... 110. West. You spot with thermal over?" Artyom he called out. 

"Roger that." Jaquis stood up in his reclined seat, adjusting it accordingliy and flipping down his "devil eyes' visor. 

"Load me some rounds Morris." He ordered swivling his turret westward. With the ammo rack before him he pulled over to the cart close by lifting the rounds by magic injecting them into the feeding rack in turn loading into the reciever of the 25 mm cannon.

"Rounds in."  The purple unicorn announced.

"Boss Dog. We've got hostiles detected. Shall we go into Yellow phase?" Artyom called into his radio. 

Patrinko stood up into his seat noting at the chatter and mapping activity on his terminal. 

"Confirmed. Go ahead." The security head gave a nod and flipped to his terminal scrolling into the alert phases and selecting yellow.

Throughout the passenger cart and other cart a sudden flashing yellow light blazed above the doors followed by a low humming.

"Attention all passengers. This is the security chief. Hostiles have been detected. Please remain calm and take your seats." The announcement spoken suddenly on the intercom with a sudden appearance of metallic armored blinders suddenly encompassing the sides of the passenger carts, a slight dimness in the lighting due to the armored mesh fence tracting over the already enforced windows. 

Closer, Closer... the conglomerate of vehicles came into eye sight. Dozens of them! All a collection of mish mashed parts and frames! Like something straight from those classic apocalypse movies! Hell, might as well be one! Only this was real (hehe.. real).

"Tracking target." Jaquis stated following about with his laser sighted visor following a fast moving modified sedan. 

"He's closing quick." His left hand support gunner noted as he sighted down his own weapon.

"You're mine." The griffion gave an evil smirk leading his barrel ahead and squeezing at his trigger. The immense burst of the cannons rocking the whole train slightly giving a faint rumble to its neighboring carts. With simple aim all bursts pierce straight into the light armored car exploding into a firey pyre. 

"Target down!" The griffon stated.

Switching sides on their end, Fenrir squad faced in the same direction. With their objective clear they each took aim with their personal weapons the crackling sound of gunfire muffled as loud pops from the confines of the passenger cart. 

From their side port window the supply mares watched the metal parade unfolding. 

"Well its about time something exciting happened." Marge noted sipping at her thermo as a particular motorcycle came close along side. A large hunking minotaur taking the wheel or... sticks. Bars? 

"Marge.." Daisy grumbled noting how he's literally right next to them. 

"No no I wanna watch.." Marge noted as he swung about a crudely crafted chain ball in his hoof.

With suddenly a loud burst from one of the security personnel dispatched at the bovine  ripping through the figure and his crude ride sending him into a swipping tunnel before tumbling with his bike violently into the ground. 

"Ho ho! Oh celestia! That was brutal!" Marge gave a heft chuckle with a disgruntled undertone in it. Entertained but still frightened underneath.

With the hefty 100mm canon swiveling about to face the targets Napalm chimed in.

"Napalm Poet is go. Eyeing up." The cackling voice of Kellin spoke up. 

"Rounds!" She called out to her loader and with swift action readied her feeding rack dispensing into the receiver. 

Her eyes set on the bigger targets. Her visor lens focusing about with its interface connected with the top aiming camera following her head movements accurately. And one she found in particular. 

"Big one. Heavy truck coming." She said, the one she's pointing out with its ugly fresh metal coating with grim and dirt covering its body with a loud exposed engine. A heavy turret blasting away on its missing container holder. The rounds pinging off of their thick hull. 

Following the leading trajectory guides aiming slightly up she squeezed on her trigger. 

This round shaking the entirety of the cart not even the walls could muffle the immensity of the round. Like lightning crackling close by. The round flew with immense velocity as the truck itself unable to react in time as it drove straight into its path the engine block ripped apart from its hold followed by an explosion sending the truck airborne and onto its side.

"Target down." 

• Brohoof 2

@@FancyHorse

"For the love of Luna..." Lance watched the carnage that was occurring just outside. He was mesmerized by how well the train could defend itself.  He just hoped the minotaurs would be able to board, or else everypony on the train was screwed. Lance's basic pocketknife would be no match for the minotaurs tools of killing.

• Brohoof 1

@@FancyHorse,

Techno had just finished breakfast when he got a system alarm of a high threat entitys within close proximity of the train. He then looked out the window to see several old looking vans with cast iron panels bolted on them as cheap armour. Techno then released by the design of the vans that potentially this was the terrorist group that was trying to take down celestial labs on orders to try and take control over society as currently the company was the only thing holding it together and was working on projects to try and bring back the old and peaceful world. To accomplish this they were going around and targeting company employees outside of the labs as it was impossible for them to break into the tower.

TU: Ohh great... It's probably them out there. And I'm their main target. But still I'm wondering how they even managed to locate me on this train. Maybe something new like hacking into the digital ticket tracking system.

The train then went into lockdown and the battle began. It seemed that they were handling the terrorists very well as they were quickly destroying the vans. Techno then saw a van with a small loaded missile launcher mounted to the roof that was slowly moving towards the passenger cart.

TU: Well I guess that's their main death weapon and if they manage to kill me the company would go down as they can't continue the digital magic project without me and that's the project that will save the world when it's complete. But what they don't know is that I have an automatic shelding system in my CPU unit as a last resort precaution. But I don't know if it will work at this point as it's under development and bata testing currently.

Edited by Techno Universal
  • Brohoof 2

@@Techno Universal @@FancyHorse

Lance's eyes widened as he watched the missile make it's way towards the train. "Missle! Great. Perfect, even." He said this audibly instead of muttering it like he had with his previous sentences. He didn't realise it, but he had pressed his face against the window now, hypnotised by his impending doom.

"Attention all passengers. This is the security chief. Hostiles have been detected. Please remain calm and take your seats." The announcement spoken suddenly on the intercom with a sudden appearance of metallic armored blinders suddenly encompassing the sides of the passenger carts, a slight dimness in the lighting due to the armored mesh fence tracting over the already enforced windows.

While still inside the restroom getting changed, Lory's ears perked up immediately upon hearing the announcement. Soon after, she took notice of the unidentified objects approaching the train, seemingly attempting to overtake the vessel. The mare jolted out of the washroom as quickly as she could, towards her designated economy class seat, and began watching the window, trying her best to view the dire situation that unfolded outside. She was standing on top of the chair, like a child who struggled to see the colorful parade passing by outside their home.

"Ohhh-ho-ho-ho, alright! This is freaking AWES--" Before she could finish her exclamation, a considerably larger shock rocked the wagon in its entirety, tossing Lory on her back, right onto the floor. She soon recovered from the fall, however, and instantly glued her face against the window once again, cheering like a fanatic hooligan.

"HELL YEAH!! C'mon, fill 'em with lead, you clowns!! Show me how invincible your transport services truly are!!" Amidst the massive explosions and bullets zooming by right outside, she found pure entertainment.

• Brohoof 2

@@Driz

"AWESOME?!" Lance's mind was blown. "Do you even SEE that missile? You know, the one that's about to kill us all?" He motioned frantically towards the projectile. He paused and took a deep breath. "Okay, everything is fine. I'm stuck in economy class with a crazy, but it's fine. The missile might backfire or not explode. Or-- or it's a dud. Yeah! Yeah, it's a dud." To be honest, Lance was going slightly insane himself. But could you blame him? He was sure he was about to die. He continued on with his stressed stuttering, but he had begun to mumble and it was ineligible. 

• Brohoof 1

Above on the passenger carts wiring to life, the active trophy device spins with frantic speed. Its sensors noting at the projectile detection.

http://www.army-technology.com/contractor_images/saab-defence-system/4-missile-launcher.jpg

With a loud plong! a sudden round projectile lauched outward intercepting with the incoming rocket. Out to distance the two collided detonating on impact. 

"Take him down!" A call out from one of the guards on the side rail. With Turbo Killer swiveling and pointing directly at the closing rocket van taking a single burst to erupt it into a fire pyre.

• Brohoof 1

@@Driz @@FancyHorse

When Lance heard the explosion, he threw himself under a seat, and stayed there for a solid ten seconds. He then peeked his head out. "What happened to the rocket?" He asked Lory, who seemed to still be watching the battle. "Is it gone? Is there more coming?" He was scared out of his mind.

@@genessee

"Hell if I know!" The mare responded, not taking her eyes away from the battlefield. "There's just explosions after explosions! It's like the damn New Year's Eve out there, kid! I'd keep my head down if I were you!" She said, not following her own advice. Of course, the most sensible action to take in that situation would be to find cover and wait until the heat of the battle died out. However, Lory truly was hyped up: as eerily mayhem-loving as she was, safety became one of her lesser worries.

• Brohoof 1

@@Driz

Lance sat under his seat-cave for a few minutes longer. He hated to admit it, but he enjoyed watching the battle as well. Well, until the missile appeared, at least. It was like when you see something horrifying, and you can't take your eyes off it and you hate yourself for it. Finally, he peeked over the window, preparing to see a barrage of missiles or the train in ashes, with only him and Lory as the survivors, but still he saw the train holding off the horde of raiders. Kudos for that. He still had many questions, however. Some for Lory, some for the coach master, and some to nopony in particular. Obviously, this was not the time and place to be asking questions. This was the time where he hoped a stray rocket wouldn't blast their cart, killing both of them. 

@@FancyHorse,

Fifth Cart

Business Seating

Quill sat up and watched out the window when the fighting occurred. "This place is always fun, the trains when the stuff hits the fan, at least the guns on this thing are good and the ponies behind the gun can aim them true enough as well but then we're on rails not very hard... Fun eh?" Talking to Fancy.

• Brohoof 1

@@FancyHorse,

Techno then noticed the anti missile device on the roof of the train in his system. He then smiled as the missile exploded next to the train but then he widened up his eyes when he released that they also had plain high explosive rockets that would just fly in a straight line and they were older but more powerful than the missiles.

TU: Hopefully they didn't bring any of those high explosive rockets as they will definitely destroy this hole train and anything else that's within 30 meters of the explosion.

• Brohoof 1

@@Techno Universal @@Driz @@FancyHorse

"Hold on a minute. What's that?" Lance squinted at the new missile, headed straight for the train. He didn't notice anything different about the missile, so he assumed that it would be taken care of. He continued to watch the carnage, losing attention to the missile when another boarders motorcycle exploded.

• Brohoof 1

Leading her reticle Kellin followed close with an incoming truck. Hollering and dangling about on the sides it was an obvious boarding party. Rounds pinging and ricocheting off their steel hull. With another popped off the round streamed along in graceful trajectory connecting with its metallic target hitting onto its broad side directly, like warm blade just splitting the vehicle into two sending its passengers airborne.

"Backside backside." Called out one of her gunners as she swiveled the turrets controls to view behind them only to barely catch the glimpse of the fast paced buggey just moving outta her view port.

"Their outta my sight!" She hollered.

"Boarders! Their on board!"  Zachka, her left hand gunner called, his own turret able to angle out into them. 

"Deal with them!" Kellin shouted, reaching for her comm. 

"Galm we got company!" She called for them dropping her reciever to return to her attention to the targets to their left.

@@genessee,@@Mentis Soliloquy, @@Driz,

Out their passenger windows in quick pace, two diamond dogs made swift by pass on the outside walkway heading south to the rear carts.

"Intercepting" Artyom held his comm close stating into it with his weapon raised up, now boarding the supply cart.

"Their beating at the door!" Zachka noted as the loud poundings of hooves and claws could be heard just to his left earshot. Under his turret holstery he readied the shortened pump scattergun. 

"Open yer doors you pretties!" A crackling loud voice was heard outside.

Peeking from the side of the cart their little boarding party, one of the equines peered to see the two guards approach. The clad dressed bandit poked out a pistol held in magic grasp taking a pop shot. 

With a paw extended he pushed back his comrade, Artyom and Glebb taking cover at one of the pertruding panels close by. An intentional design on the cart designers for security personnel just in the case of this emergency.  

• Brohoof 1

@@FancyHorse

Soon enough, amidst the chaotic fracas, Lory was able to take note of the few attacking vandals attempting to board the Behemoth carrier. As the diamond dog guards hastily made their way across the train's outer safety bridge in order to intercept them, the mare's eyes shone even brighter than before. She immediately backed away from the window, stepping onto the cart's corridor.

"Hell to the yes! Finally I can have some of that action for myself!" Unable to contain herself any longer, she speedily trotted her way down the cabin's inside. "Hey! Coach! Lemme at 'em! Hey, hey! Lend me a gun! C'mon! Lemme help!" She shouted towards the windows, trying to call the security dog's attentions.

• Brohoof 2

@@FancyHorse @@Driz

"Oh, perfect. Not only do I have to deal with the pressure and fear of the current attack, now I have to worry about boarders." Lance drew his pocketknife and had been starting to build a small fort made out of seats when Lory trotted out of the cabin. "You're going to get yourself killed!" He shouted towards Lory. However, he stayed in his fort. At least, he tried.  After a few minutes of successfully convincing himself that Lory would be fine, and the boarders were probably killed off by now. But after a couple minutes, his conscience forced him to go after Lory. Not only for her safety, but his own. Sticking with a group is usually a good idea, unless the group is full of idiots. You know what? Scratch that last part.

@@FancyHorse,

Techno then got a master warning that high threat entitys have boarded the train.

TU: There here... I'll keep myself in my seat so if they come in here they'll need to get past my experimental auto sheld system that I've never used before but I might have no choice but to do so here as after all I'm their primary target.