gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

Still, a new skill character would be pretty awesome, as they're challenging and fun to play as! Snake was brilliant fun, as once you got the hang of playing as him, you could dominate opponents in style!

snake was physically overpowered in every way, and ke can KO at low %'s... his jab kills, all of his tilts kills, his smash attacks kills, all of his arials kills... I mean, wuttt? @_@

Megaman reminds me of a really solid mashup of Lucas and Sonic. If you recall correctly Lucas' smashes attacks kills pretty quick but that doesn't make him a God character, my say in this is that if Megaman is in the right hands, you can be sure you might see him "overpowered"

Your Quite Right there Motion but any one can be OP as any Char on the Game. My Fav Char was Sonic but  even though i won Many Times i still Lost a Lot to my Brother who played a Mean Link...and i think MegaMan is a Good Choice But it Should Be X Or Zero in my Opionion...

I just noticed in the trailer that the Villager also doubles as the Balloon Fighter. Yes!

I was expecting him too, but I'm still excited for him. I don't really know any other Capcom character that would fit in Smash.

I just decided to download the original Mega Man on my 3DS to learn more about him though, since I didn't know anything from the start.

Also Mars if you want me to do a Let's Play of Megaman i'll be Glad to im a Pro at His games and i think i could help ya get though it.

snake was physically overpowered in every way, and ke can KO at low %'s... his jab kills, all of his tilts kills, his smash attacks kills, all of his arials kills... I mean, wuttt? @_@

Megaman reminds me of a really solid mashup of Lucas and Sonic. If you recall correctly Lucas' smashes attacks kills pretty quick but that doesn't make him a God character, my say in this is that if Megaman is in the right hands, you can be sure you might see him "overpowered"

Yeah, I suppose you're right! Olimar, on the other hand, was an entirely different character! He was really tricky to master, as without Pikmin you were a goner, but getting it right allowed you to wrack up some massive damage, as well as pull of strategic, cunning plans, just like in the Pikmin series!

• Brohoof 1

Got That Right DJ BRONI3 But if you picked the right char for the Job you can stop Olimar.. other then that he could cause Pain.. but i think the Biggest Pain Dealer was GannonDrof now that guy could Cause Probs to Other Ponies in battle. If you were good as him.

• Brohoof 1

Id really like to get a Wii u, but i cant justify grabbing one yet. When HD Zelda comes, then we'll talk XD Man there's so many games im excited for in 2014^^

Also to note, brawl was pretty balanced for casual play; every character had their pros and cons. For pro play, that's a different story XD

Be warned; it's insanely tough! To be honest, if the original game was anything to go by, Mega Man would be incredibly overpowered, as it required a lot of skill to complete the game!

Also Mars if you want me to do a Let's Play of Megaman i'll be Glad to im a Pro at His games and i think i could help ya get though it.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm sure I'll manage. I've already beat Cutman's stage, and I know I'll eventually finish the game.

I've also played Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, which I'm sure is a much, much harder game.

Yeah, I suppose you're right! Olimar, on the other hand, was an entirely different character! He was really tricky to master, as without Pikmin you were a goner, but getting it right allowed you to wrack up some massive damage, as well as pull of strategic, cunning plans, just like in the Pikmin series!

I regret I've never picked Olimar in my old brawl days, he seemed cute to me, but not appealing to use hardcore, now I wanna master him becuase he's a treat for sure, the bad thing about him as that he's easily punishable when he's off the stage.

• Brohoof 1

Got That Right DJ BRONI3 But if you picked the right char for the Job you can stop Olimar.. other then that he could cause Pain.. but i think the Biggest Pain Dealer was GannonDrof now that guy could Cause Probs to Other Ponies in battle. If you were good as him.

The main problem with Ganondorf was he was incredibly slow, which was a huge disadvantage. Plus, he was a clone of Captain Falcon... dry.png

Speaking of Captain Falcon, I've found that while he's not my favourite character, there's nothing as satisfying as knocking someone flying with a mighty cry of... FALCON PAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWNCH! :P

• Brohoof 1

Gimme Isaac, Travis Touchdown and some new F-Zero and Metroid characters and this will be the greatest Smash Bros in the history of forever

• Brohoof 1

The main problem with Ganondorf was he was incredibly slow, which was a huge disadvantage. Plus, he was a clone of Captain Falcon... dry.png

Speaking of Captain Falcon, I've found that while he's not my favourite character, there's nothing as satisfying as knocking someone flying with a mighty cry of... FALCON PAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWNCH! tongue.png

Even Though GanonDorf was a Clone and was Slow you could still cause probs.. If your Looking for Cheap chars on the Game i think the StarFox Chars Were the Cheapest and they were all Clones just with little Change.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Even Though GanonDorf was a Clone and was Slow you could still cause probs.. If your Looking for Cheap chars on the Game i think the StarFox Chars Were the Cheapest and they were all Clones just with little Change.

Yeah, they were even more cloned! tongue.png Still, they could have done something SLIGHTLY different like they did with Luigi. While he was similar to Mario, he still had a couple of different attacks to his brother, which I thought were pretty good! Even if they'd made some variety for Ganondorf/ Starfox characters, I would have been happy enough! The most annoying thing was Fox, Falco and Wolf all had Landmaster final smashes. At least Gandodorf's was different to Captain Falcon's!

Edited by DJ-BRONI3
  • Brohoof 1

Wait... Wii fit trainer. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect that character making the roster. Personally, it seems like a weird addition but I don't really care all that much. Her final smash is really underwhelming though; I guess I wasn't expecting anything too amazing in the first place though.

I wonder what Mega Man's final smash will be. Will it just be a big beam like Samus' or maybe they'll swipe another move from Marvel vs Capcom like that one super with the transformation (basically a big beam + missiles and whatnot). 

I like that they're changing up Bowser some, but a part of me is going to miss that weird "running" animation he had in Brawl. I hope he turns out well.

The next 3rd party newcomer I would love to see is  Bomberman (White Bomber) biggrin.png

as for 1st party newcomers (off the top of my head): Waluigi and Dixie Kong.

Holy crap.......holy freaking crap......the trailer is out for SSB4......I can't even words.....

Since I'm on an ipd I can't post the video but just look it up on YouTube......holy crap....

So the first new character we can see is the villager. Obviously he was highly recommended by Nintendo for brawl but he didn't make the cut due to time constraints. He looks like he has a pretty cool moveset, he has his bug catching net, he can literally oick up attacks, he has a shovel to dig his opponents into the ground, he can drop plants on people, and he can use an axe to chop down trees. Freaking awesome right?

This isn't where it stops.

Megaman, that's right, Nintendo listened to us. Holy crap.

So of course he has the average normal Megaman moves, a pellet shot, a charge shot, a slide attack, an uppercut, and his smash would probably be something to do with rush. This stuff is cool. Here's the bestest part you've been waiting for. He has all the abilities from the robot masters he has killed.

I'm sure he might have more but the ones shown in the trailer are only the original 8. He can transform mid battle, meaning he has 9 different moveset, making him probably the most popular character. He will probably be used the most, making Nintendo and Capcom a lot of money.

I think that this is a great move by Nintendo. Well done. See you guys in the battlefield!

-Rave

The wii fit trainer.....I would prefer her as an assist, I was hoping for Little Mac. "Feel the burn" is probably going to be the new "you're too slow".

It would be even more awesome if they had mii's since it will be in both the 3DS and WiiU

Wii will, U won't.

The next 3rd party newcomer I would love to see is  Bomberman (White Bomber) 

how could I forget about Bomberman! he must come to the fight as a 3rd party character!

My predictions for 3rd party is that there will be at least 5 3rd party characters, we have megaman confirmed, I'd guess Sonic is obviously back, Snake not so sure, not because he's not popular it's because I don't know how's Nintendo and Konami relationship as of now, I'll say Bomberman could be a potential strong candidate, and the last spot would be for some Namco Bandai related character since they are working together with nintendo to develop the game. 

Between SSB, X, Mario Kart, MH3U, and SMT X FE I think the Wii U is going to pay for itself. Also Zelda has been confirmed to be long in development and was almost shown it at E3. Also I almost forgot that Earthbound is coming to NA eshop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw3zU1JNWcw

Its official everybody, Nintendo has won the console war.

And every other gaming war.

And gaming in general.

You just keep brainstorming Nintendo.

... I'll be the first to admit it, I'm REALLY excited to play as her. <3

Man, I cannot wait for the next Smash Bros. This is one of those classic game series that is never disappointing. Smash Bros is the type of game that you can play for years and not grow bored of it. 

• Brohoof 1

I am the Sonic Master. Super fast, hard to hit, and an awesome special.... I love SSMB, but haven't got to play it a lot lately.... probly cause im too busy reliving every singleZelda game in existence lolz.

(edited)

how could I forget about Bomberman! he must come to the fight as a 3rd party character!

My predictions for 3rd party is that there will be at least 5 3rd party characters, we have megaman confirmed, I'd guess Sonic is obviously back, Snake not so sure, not because he's not popular it's because I don't know how's Nintendo and Konami relationship as of now, I'll say Bomberman could be a potential strong candidate, and the last spot would be for some Namco Bandai related character since they are working together with nintendo to develop the game. 

My guess is that the Namco Bandai character would be Pac-Man, so they can benefit from the advertising (since they're trying to revive the Pac-Man franchise), or Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia since the Tales of series is pretty popular and Symphonia is one of the more well known of the series for it's debut on the Nintendo Gamecube in NA.

If you ask me personally, I'd like the Namco Bandai related character to be Kos-mos from the Xenosaga series. The game was developed by Monolith Soft, which was a subsidiary of Namco Bandai who went on to sell Monolith Soft to Nintendo. Anyway, she's one of Namco's most popular characters (and for good reason too) and I'd really like for her to get in. Oh, what I wouldn't give to be able to play Kos-mos... 

Edited by MuteMutt
  • Brohoof 1

My guess is that the Namco Bandai character would be Pac-Man, so they can benefit from the advertising (since they're trying to revive the Pac-Man franchise), or Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia since the Tales of series is pretty popular and Symphonia is one of the more well known of the series for it's debut on the Nintendo Gamecube in NA.

If you ask me personally, I'd like the Namco Bandai related character to be Kos-mos from the Xenosaga series. The game was developed by Monolith Soft, which was a subsidiary of Namco Bandai who went on to sell Monolith Soft to Nintendo. Anyway, she's one of Namco's most popular characters (and for good reason too) and I'd really like for her to get in. Oh, what I wouldn't give to be able to play Kos-mos... 

good guess on Pac-man! he's such an iconic character and he has a lot of potential for a crazy movelist just like megaman, I'm not very familiar with Namco Bandai so I can't nominee anyone really XD

(edited)

haha, i've only played like 5 games of smash bros competetively, but i used to paly with my brother and best mate all the time, must've been doing something right though cos i went 5-0 and won the tournament :L

Edited by Clockwork Chaos

The character I'm hoping for the most is Miles "Tails" Prower from Sonic the Hedgehog. Now that Sonic has become part of the roster, (Assuming he's staying) Tails would be most likely to appear as a 2nd character from the franchise. I am also quite a Tails fan.

Another character I'm hoping they could add is Chase McCain from Lego City Undercover. Now, I don't really know a lot about how the gaming industry works, but the game was published by Nintendo, and that means a higher chance of Chase appearing, right?

And for 1st party characters, I would like Waluigi from Super Mario, Krystal from Star Fox, and Paula from EarthBound. If Waluigi isn't getting his own official game, I guess at least make him playable in Smash, right? As for Krystal, we do need more female characters. Plus, Krystal is basically a main Star Fox character now. But if she's going to appear, I just hope they make her wear actual clothing instead of what she wore in Star Fox Adventures. As for Paula, again, we need more females, and she's a main in EarthBound.

However, if Paula's getting in, I hope Ness gets a different moveset while Paula takes Ness' old one. Ness uses all of Paula's abilities in Smash, but not in EarthBound, and I think Ness needs some moves that he was actually able to use in EarthBound. Maybe PSI Rockin' can be his final smash.

I personally would really like to see Professor Layton pop up in the SSB series. With five games and a sixth on the way, he really deserves a bit of time in the spotlight! He would be pretty good at self defence, and his gentlemanly personality would really make him an individual character in the Sash Bros series!

Anyone have Melee 'round here? Unfortunately, our new Brawl version doesn't work. 

I don't know the wonders of playing my favorite Link... sad.png

ssbmns8.jpg