gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

How many challenge panels are there? I'm assuming there's no more than 3, since you get all the characters and stages by the time you finish the 2nd one.

I've already got all the stages, but yet to get all the characters. I think I only have Bowser Jr., Ganondorf and R.O.B. left to unlock.

Got Smash yesterday. It's funny how the store only had 1 copy when I got there, I got pretty lucky there. I'm enjoying it so far, I have yet to unlock Jigglypuff and 2 stages.

The challenges have been the rough part. Getting the characters was fairly easy, and I also agree that the circle pad is strange. It just makes me eager to hold that gamecube controller later.

Also, our walmart sucked...I got the preorder card, and they told me I couldn't get my game until the 7th. When I went there on the 3rd, the game was right there by all the other 3ds games. Ridiculous. If I had money, I'd sue them and make more money.

Edited by HopeFul

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Robin and Greninja are gonna be my mains. Definitely my favorite new characters. Also really like Rosalina and Captain Falcon. :)

Not really feeling Shulk as much as I want to though. Despite his whole stance-switching thing he feels a bit simplistic and slow to me... can't help but feel they could've incorperated him a bit better, he's still a solid character but there's so much more they could've pulled from Xenoblade for him honestly. Oh well. :huh:

How many challenge panels are there? I'm assuming there's no more than 3, since you get all the characters and stages by the time you finish the 2nd one.

I've already got all the stages, but yet to get all the characters. I think I only have Bowser Jr., Ganondorf and R.O.B. left to unlock.

yep, just 3. A lot to do for the last page though. :o

You know your out of touch with some of the new game franchises when you first though Shulk was from Fire Emblem. Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about Xenoblade Chronicles but I've just never played it.

My main characters right now are Pikachu and Captain Falcon. My favorite new characters are Mega Man and Bowser Jr. 

• Brohoof 1

Already unlocked all characters, and I almost have all the stages (I think, I may be missing one or two stages).

I like almost all of the characters. Each one fits a little niche that I like. I really like Bowser, Captain Falcon, and Bowser Jr. 

Other characters I like include Pac-man, DHD, Charizard, and Little Mac.

I've heard of people finding Smash Run stale, but I find it very fun! It's short and sweet, and something different from the constant death matches. Overall, I'm obsessed with this game right now.

Smash Run can be fun depending on who you play as. I got my butt whooped as my best fighter (Greninja), but when I played as Ganon, no bad guy could stand in my way (of course, I didn't have to race to the end either). lol They just need to do an update on it to balance things out a little.

@@HopeFul,

I think the point is that it is unbalanced. You might get a character that just doesn't work in the final battle, or some character just can't KO for the life of them, or characters can barely make it around cuz they're slow or just can't jump high. I feel like it's something to just mess around with and see what characters work and which don't.  

• Brohoof 1

Smash Run is pretty fun, the environment and the enemies are all really cool. That said, if you want to win it at least once with all the characters, chances are you're gonna have to try multiple times- I recently played it as Little Mac and the final challenge was Jump Climb- guess how that turned out lol, don't think all the jump upgrades in the world could've got me 1st... :lol:

• Brohoof 1

According to the Smash Bros. site, the Wii U version releases in North America on November 21, which is my birthday. :squee:

Dunno if I'll be able to get it on that day. :unsure:

Wii U release date confirmed, November 21st and amiibo will launch around the same time, but I still don't know what amiibo exactly does outside smash bros., I hope this game can boost console sales, we will see very soon.

but one thing bothers me, why didn't they have a Nintendo direct?, maybe they will have one for smash Wii U and amiibo, we will see.

Smash Run is pretty fun, the environment and the enemies are all really cool. That said, if you want to win it at least once with all the characters, chances are you're gonna have to try multiple times- I recently played it as Little Mac and the final challenge was Jump Climb- guess how that turned out lol, don't think all the jump upgrades in the world could've got me 1st... :lol:

I dunno. I somehow managed to lose the race as Greninja to Ike. I took all the best routes, was speedy, and didn't get hit by the crazy lava stuff.  :blink:  <--And that was the exact look I had on my face when I got to the finish line, and he was there first.

I've been really enjoying Smash though. I've been playing with my husband and our friend Josh a lot, but man... *Shakes head* I started kicking my husband's butt, and he started spamming counters and the same attack. He's even a really good Ike. Still whooped his butt with 2 lives to spare, but sheeeeeeeeesh.  :( Playing with my ridiculously competitive husband is a drag.

...At least I still whooped his butt though.  :comeatus:

• Brohoof 1

I finally got the game for myself.

Unsurprisingly Link and Captain Falcon are still my favorites. I'm kinda disappointed with Palutena since I thought she was pretty hard to use. I think Rosalina and Megaman are gonna be some of my new favorite characters. And lastly I still have to use all of the characters

• Brohoof 1

I finally got the game for myself.

Unsurprisingly Link and Captain Falcon are still my favorites. I'm kinda disappointed with Palutena since I thought she was pretty hard to use. I think Rosalina and Megaman are gonna be some of my new favorite characters. And lastly I still have to use all of the characters

Captain Falcon

One of the most OP characters in Smash next to Meta Knight.

• Brohoof 1

I just got the game yesterday and so far, I've unlocked four characters. I'm having a lot of fun, just like when I played SSBM for the very first time. My only problem is that I have an extremely aggressive playstyle in this game (that is, just attacking recklessly and not dodging). It proves I haven't played SSB consistently in years.

but hey, I'm having a great time nonetheless, and that's what matters. :)

I hate Master Core. Trying to beat it at then end of a 9.0 run in Classic is a nightmare, no matter how I try to cheese it. Only got beat once and managed to win at 8.5 with Ness though, somehow. :unsure:

The rest of the game I love, but I'm not really a fan of how Classic mode in Smash 4 has Kid Icarus' frustrating(imo) lolulostoncenotgoodenough difficulty system now. I mean, at least you get to keep most of what you earned if you quit, but still, it's very punishing. :okiedokielokie:

Anyway, Bowser is probably my favorite veteran in the game. I've heard all the hype and it truly is ridiculous how much better he feels to play in Smash 4 compared to Melee and Brawl(much better normals, actual good dash, less overall attack lag, slightly improved recovery)... definitely gonna try and main him too. :yay:

Top 5 overall fav characters so far:

1. Robin

2. Greninja

3. Bowser

4. Rosalina & Luma

5. Shulk(he's growing on me a bit more)

Villager is also very solid to me. Feels creepy to use though... lol

• Brohoof 1

Got the new SSB on release and I finally got all the characters available. So far I've been loving the game and it's so much fun to play with friends online or against randoms. The only thing I hate is that I come across so many Little Mac players, it's no problem for me because I can easily beat them with my mains but still, using the same tactic over and over again is so boring. At least one of my friends plays Mac properly.

So far my favorite characters are Ike, Robin, Pac-Man, Zelda and Fox which I've been playing every single SSB game so far. I'm pretty good with Ike, win most of my matches because he has such a versatile and aggressive playstyle. 

The only thing that breaks the game for me is the circle pad, this thing is so unresponsive sometimes and half of the time it just doesn't do the right attack because it chooses to do an up attack instead of left or right. I hate this, I just want my reliable d-pad where left is left and up is up. I've died so often because of this. not to mention your thumb gets tired quickly.

If there's one absolute gripe I have with this game so far, it's the latency issues in the online mode. I also don't like how you can't use custom specials in With Anyone. I can understand not having stat boosts, but it definitely would've added more variety to include custom specials.

My top 5 favourite characters:

1. Yoshi

2. Mii Brawler

3. Shulk

4. Fox

5. Sonic

Yoshi seems to have improved a lot. However, I still have to try out characters like Rosalina, Robin and Pac-Man. I've been too busy getting accustomed to the game to notice them.

Finally beat Classic at 9.0! Was able to get it done with Bowser. If at first you don't succeed, try, try(try) again I guess. :P

Think I'm gonna take a break from that mode for a while... doing higher difficulties in it anyway, still need a lot of fighter trophies. :wacko:

Oh yeah, something I noticed: in the voice clips for the announcer in Sounds, in one of them he says 'Special Smash'. I know there have been unused voice clips in Sound Test in past Smash games, but this could confirm Special matches for the Wii U version, I think. :huh: