Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

(edited)

I might be going to a local Smash tournament this summer. :D

Not sure if I should do Project M or Wii U though...

EDIT: If I do end up going I'll be doing Wii U. I'm simply too new to PM.

Edited by Infinite901

Finally after playing PM so long, I've started to get back into melee. I can now play fox almost as well as I can play him in PM, and I've also started to play a little bit of falco too.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this thread has been dead for a while. Might as well post here to revive it (it really should be revived)

Anyway. It seems like the entire competitive super smash bros community is going downhill really fast...

• Brohoof 1

What do you mean downhill?

I would say that the community is beginning to become really toxic, though I may be wrong... It's all of the people that are constantly arguing about which game is better. It's gotten worse ever since smash 4 came out.

A bit off topic, but this is so good. Probably the best part of last year for me was watching this (and the entire tournament) live. The hype was so amazing. I miss the days where project m was actually streamed by CT and VGBC...

• Brohoof 2

Do we know exactly when the Lucas DLC is coming for Sm4sh? I don't remember it being said in the reveal trailer, if it did, I don't remember, or forgot. I just plan to buy the Mewtwo bundle with Lucas at the same time that is all.

So does anyone else here use Link as their main? I have playing a lot of Smash 4 on 3DS and I think I am getting pretty good with him, his bow and boomerang moves are awesome to trick people up from a distance. :catface: His hookshot grab is also really good in combination with dodging. I find it incredibly fun to play with.

I've really been getting into Link lately.  I used to have issues with him (couldn't find the good launchers for some reason) but then I just decided to really get in there and figure it out.  I tend to use Toon Link rather then regular just because I like the dash attack better.

I've mained Link since the original Smash. Though imo, Sm4sh's Link is probably the best yet

I had got a feel for Link back on the demo, but I would prefer To on Link over the original. Angling the boomerang, followed by an arrow, and vice versa, is like the best way to keep them away.

I'm still struggling to find a good main.  I tend to cycle characters too much.  I really wish the Mii was available for online since I got a good feel for the Mii Swordsman.

Do we know exactly when the Lucas DLC is coming for Sm4sh? I don't remember it being said in the reveal trailer, if it did, I don't remember, or forgot. I just plan to buy the Mewtwo bundle with Lucas at the same time that is all.

Nope, they have not announced when Lucas will be out. They probably will at E3 though.

Anyway. It seems like the entire competitive super smash bros community is going downhill really fast...

It's all too true. Even ignoring the HUGE divide between Melee and Smash 4, the Smash 4 community is going heads over heels on itself. 2 stock or 3 stock? Starter/CP or FLSS? Are customs legal? Are Miis legal? 3 stage list, 5 stage list, 9 stage list, 13 stage list? Should Halberd, Delfino, or Skyloft be legal? How about Castle Siege or Wuhu? Omegas? There's so much bulls*** in this community that it's tiring, frankly.

• Brohoof 1

It's all too true. Even ignoring the HUGE divide between Melee and Smash 4, the Smash 4 community is going heads over heels on itself. 2 stock or 3 stock? Starter/CP or FLSS? Are customs legal? Are Miis legal? 3 stage list, 5 stage list, 9 stage list, 13 stage list? Should Halberd, Delfino, or Skyloft be legal? How about Castle Siege or Wuhu? Omegas? There's so much bulls*** in this community that it's tiring, frankly.

And this is why I stick to Project m. lol

• Brohoof 1

I only have the 3DS version. I did not like the Wii U version because I have not many friends IRL. But I main Pac-Man.

Ah, okay. I have both the 3DS and the Wii U version and my main is Yoshi.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm in for either version sometime. 

In that case, how about we play a friendly best out of 5 match? If yes, my Nintendo Network ID is Koopa126.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1