Nylon

Since we now know that changelings (sorta) reproduce asexually, that raised a good question to me. Do they have a gender? Or do they technically don't have a gender since they come from eggs and some like Chrysalis sexually identify themselves as either male or female?

• Brohoof 1

well, chrysalis being a queen and the rest sounding like males... I'd say yes..

but they may or may not be hermaphrodites soo.. :P

• Brohoof 2

post-15132-0-19586800-1427239759.jpg

20% cooler in 10 seconds flat

Considering that Chrysalis is obviously a female and Thorax is obviously a male, yes I think that it's safe to assume that they do have genders.

What happens if a "male" changeling morphs into a female pony? Or vice versa?

Oh............................that must be........................an interesting experience to say the least.............

Now I want to be a Changeling!

• Brohoof 1

If they truly follow the insect model, then yes. However, in general bees, ants, and wasps usually don't work the way people often seem to think. For those species that group together in a hive, there's usually one mature full female in a hive, the queen. There's often one or two immature full females as well. There are a small number of males all of which are haploid, meaning they're born from unfertilized eggs having only half the chromosomes. All the rest of the hive are the equivalent to 'spayed' females. So the majority of bees you see are female, just non-reproductive females.

However, ants can have way more complicated systems. For some reason ants aren't consistent, with different species having completely different gender mixes than others. :)

• Brohoof 2

ConsoleSig4.png

Changelings can morph their bodies into any species or gender so their sexuality would most likely depend on their own preference or whatever they need to get love energy I would say their basic form is sexless yet could change at a moments notice