Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Getting sick of live action "insert disney movie here"

BlinkZ

Well in all fairness, a lot of these aren't Disney properties period. Though it's really sad to see Disney doing some of them so poorly. They used to have great live action movies.

After the rotten messes that was Maleficent and Lone Ranger, the snoozefest that was Alice in Wonderland and the dull last Pirates movie, I'm not particularly interested in seeing Mulan, the umpteenth live action version of Beauty and the Beast and The Jungle Book and I refuse to watch them butcher Lion King.

Is it just me, or does Live!Chip look like an anime character?:

sig-4839329.beauty-and-the-beast-chip.jp

It looks like nightmare fuel.

Maybe some live action remakes of live action movies that people have forgotten? Davy Crockett, Pollyanna, Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, Watcher in the Woods, Swiss Family Robinson.

I'd say Old Yeller, but whiny helicopter parents and PETA would have a field day bitching about it.

Oh but leave Bedknobs and Broomsticks alone. That one is gold just as it is.

Edited by Leave a Whisper

Agreed. Some things are just  better off animated.

Yeah i knkow right. like why would the make a live action Lion king. there no humans in it.

I cn just see them white washing Mulan or something.

The animated movies are becoming better and better, but your right about the remake movies. They should have more heart. But the jungle book is very good made.

• 4 years later...

Many corporations these days make things only for money, so getting upset at only Disney for doing it is kinda unfair and inconsistent. With that said, these live action movies are ultimately made only for the money but that doesn't mean they are inherently bad.