Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Equestria supposed to be a country or a planet?

FlootahBabby

15 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

I actually think it is suppose to be a continent, as it seems to loosely represent North America, given that Canadian pony cities are also present.

Interesting. It might be a loosely connected union of countries then. Like the European union 

Yah a think it is a nation,  given we have seen other races nations on and off with the mane six traveling around like the Griffons and stuff.   It would be kinda fun to see them explore the idea of the "world" more and maybe even a name.

Since Equestria is just a country or a continent at best, I'm hoping they'll one day announce a map of the entire MLP world or a globe. We've seen places like Yakyakistan and Griffonstone, but I'd imagine a map of the entire world being even bigger than this one that they officially released.

eq_map.jpg

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but we haven't even seen where Zecora and the zebras are from. I'm guessing it's a lot more like Africa. I also wonder if there's other distinct continents separate from this map. Maybe a pony equivalent of Europe or Asia for instance. I think Equestria clearly takes inspiration from North America.

Edited by Tiny Hoofs

Ooh I would absolutely love to see the pony equivalent of Europe! I do agree that Equestria seems to be North America. I have also always wondered if some of the ponies are from outside of Equestria and have a different first language than whatever it is the ponies are speaking when they speak English. Because I have noticed quite a few foreign accented ponies and it would be strange if they grew up in Equestria and yet had a foreign accent because everyone in Equestria seems to speak the same language.

• Brohoof 1

Best I can appreciate, Equestria is merely the name of the pony nation-state. I don't really know what the planet is called - it's probably not "Earth," given that that's the name of the old Earth Pony kingdom.