Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I want the show to do more.

CastletonSnob

4 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

But the show has a lot of potential for great worldbuilding, and the writers aren't capitalizing on it. 

I always get the feeling that, in this show specifically, it'd be hard to write stories that matter to the main characters while also having expansive worldbuilding, just because the characters' lives don't have a whole lot to do with the wider world of Equestria. If I had to pick one of the two, I'd rather have the low-key character-driven shenanigans the show usually goes for. I do hope that Rarity and Rainbow's careers bring them around the country, though. That'd be fun. 

I think the lack of world building and major character developments are intentional for a series that has to juggle so many writers, is episodic, and isn't continuity heavy. The producers/story editors probably try to keep things vague to keep what is established consistent otherwise it might be very difficult to reconsile everything in the very short timeframe they have to produce a season. 

There are likely major budget constraints as well given how cheaply the show is produced as well, which might lead to the lack of variety in locations and characters we may see in a season.

If MLP had slightly less restrictions on consistency and a slightly longer timeframe for each season, I would imagine it would start to resemble something like this.

super-paper-mario.jpg