Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Never going to finish it.

Katze

(edited)

A while back I started writing this short story, didn't get very far. But I don't think I will even get the time to finish it as I am busy with work and writing my Novel.

Feel free to use anything you want, except my OC, Evening Quill.

New Beginnings

The car shudders as the train comes to a stop and Eve is lurched ever so slightly forward. Opening her eyes, she is greeted with a view of a train platform, ponies of all kinds are going about their business, some getting off the train, others are waiting to get on. Looking around the platform she sees the station ticket office, above the window and door is a plaque with an inscription that reads Ponyville.

Eve stretches, her Pegasus wings spread wide and she yarns. She grabs her bag and makes her way to the end of the car. Stepping out onto the platform she takes a deep breath of fresh air and sighs, I wonder what my luck will be like in this town she thinks to herself as she pulls her bag behind her. At that moment, as if cursed, a wheel on her bag breaks and the bag falls to one side stopping her abruptly. Looking back with a frown she turns and approaches the bag, Eve looks around, as if deciding against something, Better not, there are too many ponies here.
She bends down and grabs a handle with her mouth, with a heave she lifts the bag.
    “Are you alright there miss?” a voice calls.
    Eve turns around and sees a stallion standing behind her. “I’m fine,” Eve murmurs with her mouth full, and an annoyed expression.
    “I’m sorry, I didn't quite get that.”
    Eve puts down her bag so she can speak clearly “I said I’m fine” she repeats still annoyed.
    “Well okay then miss” he replies with a smite and turns to leave.
    “Wait” Eve adds, “Do you know of anywhere I can stay? as it is, I have nowhere to go.”
    The stallion turns back to face her and thinks for a moment. “Ah why yes, if you go to the Town Hall bulletin board, I’m sure there will be something posted there.”
    “Thank you” Eve replies and he turns to leave. Picking up her back she begins walking down the path to the town ahead.

(Missing content, use your imagination :P)

Looking at the bulletin board Eve spots a post, “Roommate wanted, anypony welcome”.
Eve smiles and gets the address.

Eve reaches the address on the bulletin board post, the cottage looks warm and inviting, a white picket fence surrounds the yard and is bracketed by white and pink flowers. She opens the gate and walks down the path toward the house, reaching the door she puts down her bag and raises a hoof to knock as the door opens, revealing a mare with a pale green coat and curly violet blue mane. The two ponies greet each other with looks of confusion and awkward silence, Eve smiles uncomfortably
    “Hello, I am in need of somewhere to stay and I saw your ad on the Town Hall bulletin board”
    The mare’s face lights up and she smiles, “Oh, I would be happy to accommodate you, my name is Nook,” she says holding out a hoof.
    Eve exhale’s as if in relief “Evening Quill,” taking her hoof “But everypony calls me Eve.”
     “Pleasure to meet you Eve” Nook continues “I was just on my way out to do some shopping, but I'll show you around first,” she says with a smile.
    Eve picks up her bag and follows Nook inside the house, the living room is warm and snug, there is a couch at one end of the room and a fireplace at the other.
    “This is the living room” Nook explains walking through the house, “Through there is the kitchen, and if you follow me upstairs I’ll show you to your room” she turns and looks at Eve’s bag, “Would you like help with that?” she asks with a smile.
    “It’s okay, I’ve got it” Eve replies as she heaves the bag up onto the first step.
    Nook looks concerned but nods and continues up the stairs.
    Reaching the top, Eve puts down her bag to take a break and looks down the hall where Nook is standing.
    “This is your room” she gestures to the door to her left.
    Eve picks up her bag and walks over to peer through door. The room is clean and tidy, on the far wall is a single window, looking out toward the town centre. The room is mostly empty, apart from a bed near the window, and a desk on the right wall accompanied by a single chair. She walks into the room, putting her bag down by the door, Nook is standing behind her with an eager look on her face. “It’s perfect” she says, turning to face Nook.
    A smile spreads across Nook’s face and she sighs in relief, “Glad you like it” she says, still grinning, “Now I must get going, I’ll be back in a couple of hours, make yourself at home,” and with that she turns and leaves.
    Eve closes the door and collapses on the bed, the soft mattress cool and comfortable. Eve closes her eyes, Well this turned out alright she thinks to herself, This might not be so bad afterall.

A rooster crows as Eve opens her eyes, the bright light from the sun almost blinding. Yarning she rubs them and looks over at the window as what looks like a pink chicken flies past. Too tired to care she rolls to her side flopping to the floor, before letting out an annoyed groan. With great effort she picks herself up and staggers toward the door.
    Making it to the kitchen, she puts on a pot of coffee and stares out the window waiting for it to heat up. She rubs her eyes to try and focus on the goings on of the town but to no avail. With her coffee hot, she pours it into a mug and holds it up to her face. Breathing in, the sweet smell enters her nostrils and a smile spreads across her face, but before she can take a sip, she hears a gasp. Nook is standing in the kitchen, her mouth open and her eyes wide, staring at Eve. Still half asleep, Eve stares back with a blank expression, confused as to what is happening. Nook continues to stare, not saying a word. Eve follows her gaze and notices that Nook isn’t staring at her, but the coffee mug.
    “What? is it dirty or some...” she cuts off as she notices the mug levitating in front of her with magic. With a gasp of her own she steps back and the mug crashes to the floor.
    “You have magic?” Nook yells, her voice breaking in surprise.
    Eve flops to the floor and lowers her head, waiting for the inevitable rejection and fear that normally follows.
    “That’s amazing!” Nook continues.
    Eve’s eyes widen and she looks up at Nook, who is standing above her, her face ablaze with excitement and wonder. “What?” Eve replies in surprise.
    “How is this possible?, you're a Pegasus, how do you have magic? wait…” Nook cuts off and gasps, stepping back “Are you an alicorn?”
    “What? no” Eve replies “I’m a Pegasus, I just have magic”.

END

Edited by Katze
  • Brohoof 1