gaming Bethesda E3 2017 Conference

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

So, I missed the conference, gonna say that first, I could watch it, but I am doing reading up on all the info and apparently, I don't need to watch it.

The conference was apparently very short and uninspired, with little in terms of new announcements. Apparently paid mods are back though! That went totally well the last time they tried it and from what I hear, it soured the mood of the conference to the end, which is sad. There of course were some new announcements like Evil Within 2 and a new Wolfenstein, but that was it really. Everything else was kinda 'Look at all the cool stuff we did before!' which is a bit of a shame that Bethesda is still putting that at the forefront. There is nothing wrong with showing your achievements in the industry but when you open a show with that, to me, that isn't a good sign.

So, discuss. What did you all think of Bethesda's 'sorta' E3 conference? I like the sound of a new Wolfenstein because I really enjoyed the Old Blood, haven't played New Order yet, which I should. That wasn't enough though to make me think that they did a good job, seems they did far from that.

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

Lol, I didn't watch it either. Who the bloody hell even cares about Bethesda? After playing Fallout 4, I have completely lost my faith in their integrity as a developer. Elder Scrolls 6 will probably be a disaster too when it eventually comes out -.-

16 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Lol, I didn't watch it either. Who the bloody hell even cares about Bethesda? After playing Fallout 4, I have completely lost my faith in their integrity as a developer. Elder Scrolls 6 will probably be a disaster too when it eventually comes out -.-

Being someone that loves Skyrim, I share your concern on this one. I really hope they don't lose focus on what made Elder Scrolls great and keep it a pure RPG and not dumb anything down. The fact that nothing was even hinted towards a new Elder Scrolls at this conference is a bother.

• Brohoof 1

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

Never heard of Wolfenstien, but I'm excited for Doom VFR, The Evil Within 2, and maybe Fallout 4 VR, but I would have to play the original Fallout 4.

To me, they're one of the best companies, but I don't really like that they're putting Skyrim on the switch. 

Yeah, really weak conference, just adding more to stuff we already know about, stuff I'm not really interested in(though I'm actually surprised they devoted time to Skyrim on the Switch)

Quake and Wolfenstein look awesome, Skyrim getting Zelda stuff is pretty cool too, but otherwise, meh

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It was a short conference. I was already planning on getting the Skyrim switch version so I could have a portable elder scrolls game. The Link outfit amused me, it appears when a Link amiibo is scanned. I'm also looking forward to the Creation Club, which will add new content made by the developers to Skyrim & Fallout 4 but it looks like it will all cost extra. They showed a mudcrab wearing armor, I couldn't tell if it was a type of pet/follower.

Edited by Sgamer
  • Brohoof 1

post-8308-0-24263200-1457089482_zpsceedh

(edited)
3 hours ago, reader8363 said:

Never heard of Wolfenstien

How the heck have you never heard of Wolfenstein >.>? That's almost as bad as "Oh, I never heard of The Legend of Zelda" -.-

4 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Being someone that loves Skyrim, I share your concern on this one. I really hope they don't lose focus on what made Elder Scrolls great and keep it a pure RPG and not dumb anything down. The fact that nothing was even hinted towards a new Elder Scrolls at this conference is a bother.

I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this... buuut...imo:

Fallout 3 (Great! Amazing, immersive and overall awesome!)

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (^Ditto)

Fallout New Vegas (Bleh. Was ok I guess. Didn't get me hooked at all. Seemed much more boring than Fallout 3; the characters, the open world, and the enemies just fell flat for me)

Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim (Bleh. Was better than F:NV, but a big disappointment coming from Oblivion. Was too focused on being a "big blockbuster hit" than being a deep and rewarding RPG. Many elements felt dumbed down, and just overall much easier. The setting was also vastly inferior to Oblivion, although I'll admit that is a purely subjective thing lol)

Fallout 4 ( https://youtu.be/B2vLQJc17UU?t=2s )

Elder Scrolls 6: ??? (???)

^Judging by that, the odds don't look very good for ES 6, at least not for my own personal enjoyment -.- Hopefully they'll take the negative feedback they received from FO4 and make certain they don't make the same mistakes.

^Sums up most of my problems with the game, if you have the time to listen to it xD

Edited by K.Rool Addict

Ah, can't wait for Quake! Wolfenstein looks cool, too. Funny that iD's games were the most interesting.

4 hours ago, The Undefeated of the East said:

Yeah, really weak conference, just adding more to stuff we already know about, stuff I'm not really interested in(though I'm actually surprised they devoted time to Skyrim on the Switch)

Quake and Wolfenstein look awesome, Skyrim getting Zelda stuff is pretty cool too, but otherwise, meh

You're gonna need a PC if you want Quake m8

• Brohoof 2

• 8 months later...