Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

"Well, I guess you could call them voices, but we know those cats so..." Slumberfur pointed out, before realizing what Jinx had said, "Voices that thought you can't hear them..?" Slumberfur looked on the clouded sky "Could it be..." "....no, how could it be" he sighed, he had started doubting that Starclan would help them, after all, even Moonshine didn't get anything useful from them, so why would they help him or Jinx. "Making things worse? I wonder what they meant by that." He could see some cat saying that, after all, Jinx was a kittypet, and she had the habit to get on cat's nerves, but he didn't really see how things could get worse. 

• Brohoof 1

"Could it be what?" Jinx questioned, tilting her head quizzically. Slumberfur clearly had an idea of something, which further debunked her anger-fuelled accusations earlier.

She flicked her tail at his question. "Hm, sounds like something some cats here would say to me."

• Brohoof 1

"I just wondered if it was possible that you heard Starclan, but why would they try to contact us, we are not leaders or medicine cats." Slumberfur sounded slightly hopeless, like he had given up on the whole thing.

"True, earlier even I could have said that, but could either of us really make the situation any worse than it already is? even if we tried?"

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe they bend the rules depending on the situation?" Jinx suggested, flicking an ear curiously. She really had no clue how it worked, but she was trying to at least piece something together.

She narrowed her eyes irritably at what he said. "Thank you," she murmured sarcastically. "Anyway, how bad is the situation? A couple of cats are giving us trouble, so what?"

• Brohoof 1

"It's not that they have never contacted cats other than leaders and medicine cats, I just..." Slumberfur meowed with the same 'given up' tone "Why would they want to talk to us?" "You're a kittypet and... I'm... not clan blood."

"If only it was two cats giving us trouble." "You do remember that six cats from our clan is dead?!" Slumberfur sighed "Sorry..." "One thing you may have not noticed is that every cat is acting weird." "You may have the impression that we are just bunch of bloodthirsty strays, but that really isn't the case." "Even the worst of us, namely Shadowclan, followed warrior code, and it forbids killing if it's not necessary" "But now even the most calm cats in our clan are...hostile." "And not only that, this weather." "Clouds over the moon during gathering means that there has been fighting and Starclan isn't happy about it, but I have never seen this."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"You're still in the Clan though," Jinx pointed out. "And I dunno, maybe it's because I'm related to you or something?"

She flinched when Slumberfur snapped at her, but soon relaxed back down and listened. "It's rather hard to not think the cats here are bloodthirsty when most of them have just threatened to kill me. Plus, as you said, some of them are now dead too."

She looked up at the clouded sky, flicking her tail. "Didn't you say there was a meeting or something tonight? Maybe something happened?"

• Brohoof 1

"I guess..."

"Well, like I said, this is not normal." Slumberfur pointed out "You really think I would have ever became part of these clans if they wanted to kill kittypets?" "Also, we came through two territories when I brought you here, if they would have wanted to kill you, we wouldn't be having this conversation."

"That's exactly what I just said, Moon gets covered when there's fighting in the Gathering." "But usually it's just the moon."

• Brohoof 1

"Yes, but now they do want to kill me," Jinx pointed out, "and I didn't do anything to them!"

She looked up at the sky, flicking her tail. Even she felt unnerved by the cloudy sky. "Wow, they must be very mad... what do you think happened?"

• Brohoof 1

"I never said they don't." Slumberfur pointed out "I only said that it's not normal." "Besides, I have a feeling that the other clans want to kill me too, and all the other cats from this clan, and from every other clan...."

"I'm not sure, even the worst fight usually ends up to only the moon being covered." Slumberfur meowed "Only reasons I can imagine is that either the Dark forest has something to do with this, or that something worse than just a fight happened." Or both, he added in his mind, he knew that the two cats were related to this somehow.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"So does that make us fugitives?" Jinx asked, then let out a sigh. "Ugh, and all I wanted was to nap the other day..."

She looked back up at the sky again. "You think so? Maybe the others know about them now so they'll stop trying to kill us?"

• Brohoof 1

"Well, Thunderclan doesn't want to kill us...yet, so not quite" "But from what I saw in the clan meeting...I really wouldn't be surprised if they did soon." Slumberfur sighed, he hadn't wanted to admit it to himself earlier, but after the two cats had tormented him, he had realized just how hostile everyone was, he could end up getting chased away from his home. 

"I doubt it, we can always hope that's the case but.." "I doubt it, you have to remember that we are the only cats who have seen the two cats.."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx sighed and shook her head. "This is ridiculous... well, I suppose we won't be alone then, if it comes to that."

She looked at her brother. "Still, your leader will listen to you, right? If things go wrong, they can always just kick me out of the forest."

In fact, she was slightly hoping for that.

• Brohoof 1

"Yes, Kitestar does listen for now, it may be that leaders and medicine cat are unaffected by whatever makes everyone act so weird." Slumberfur meowed "But what if rest of the clan doesn't listen?" he pointed out "Besides, what good kicking out would do to you, you still wouldn't get home." "Only direction you could safely go is where we met Flameheart, and even I don't know where it leads."

• Brohoof 1

"But isn't she the leader?" Jinx repeated. "They'd have to listen to her, right? Or they'd get in trouble or something."

She sighed and lowered her ears. "I suppose... I'm just tired of fearing for my life out here."

• Brohoof 1

"They should listen her, like they should not to kill." Slumberfur reminded "She can't alone do anything if they don't." "And things are not like they should at the moment."

"I know" He meowed sympathetically "But in the positive side, that fear will help you to fight back if need arises"

• Brohoof 1

"They had better listen to her," Jinx hissed, suddenly fearing more for her life at the thought of a cat pouncing her out of nowhere out of spite.

She sighed and lashed her tail, looking irritated. "I don't want to fight anyone! I just want to go home!" She didn't look demanding this time, now she was more... desperate.

• Brohoof 1

"I know! But I can't do anything about that now can I?!" Slumberfur lashed out, he didn't seem angry, just frustrated "I don't want to be in this situation either, you think that I'm feeling just fine?" "That I'm happy that my friends has lost their minds!?" He was going to continue, but he stopped himself and just sighed instead, as he started padding away, towards the lake. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's fur bristled in irritation at Slumberfur's lashing out, but he had padded off before she could start an argument.

She shook her head with a sigh. Fighting wasn't going to help--she needed him, so she couldn't get him to hate her. Not anymore than he already did, anyway.

She padded after him to the lake, and looked over it as it came into view. The sight seemed to relax her a bit. "I always wanted to see the lake, but I was... well, I didn't feel like it, is all." she lied; it was obvious she was scared to go near the lake from all the cats near it.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur didn't reply, but it wasn't because he didn't want to, but because he seemed to be listening to something "Shh! Listen.". From the direction of the lake, most likely carried by the oddly calm water, came distant sound of fighting, were River- and Windclan fighting? Or well, obviously they were, but at time of the Gathering? were they the ones to be blamed about this almost unnatural darkness?

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx would normally snap at Slumberfur for shutting her up, but her ears had pricked up. Indeed, she could hear something. She lifted one ear up, trying to get a better idea of what was happening.

"Sounds like some cats are fighting," she murmured. "Didn't your clans have a meeting tonight?" Even she could tell this wasn't a good sign.

• Brohoof 1

"Yes, The Gathering, we just talked about it...for the second time." Slumberfur reminded, wondering if Jinx was an idiot, or if she just had very bad memory? "And yes, it sounds like a fight, but it's not just some cats, it's most likely Riverclan and Windclan fighting." he sighed "Let's hope Shadowclan doesn't attack us, war is the last thing we need." Suddenly Slumberfur started thinking, war...blood, scars, anger, could it be, no, it was nonsensical, but at the same time, it made too much sense to be a coincidence, he muttered out loud, "Death, War, Hunger and Sickness....." The recipe for doom.

• Brohoof 1

"I know that," Jinx hissed, feeling insulted by Slumberfur's comment. "I meant that since you're all having your 'Gathering' and there are cats fighting, so that can't be a good sign, yes?" She glared at him. "If they're connected?"

She didn't like the idea of a war--she wanted to be far away from this forest if that ever happened.

Her ears flicked when she heard him muttering. "Did you say something?"

• Brohoof 1

"It could be part of the cause for the clouds" Slumberfur noted.

"I think I figured out the link between the weird cats and everything that's happening." He took a long breath, he wasn't going to let Jinx comment anything before he was finished. "Firstly, the dark cat, its eyes looked weird, like there was no life in them, it smelled and tasted like death, and it brought death by killing cats." "Next the newer cat, scarred like has been in several fights, hisses all the time, smells like blood, and appears at the same time with every cat turning oddly hostile." "And what brings blood, scars and anger, and is caused by hostility?" "War." "Then there was the two other cats from my dream, one hairless and skinny, like a cat in point of starving, and other looking and smelling more sick than should be possible." "And what happens when group of cats are faced with Death, War, Hunger and Sickness?" "The group will be destroyed."

• Brohoof 1

Jinx tilted her head, listening and trying to make sense of whatever Slumberfur was talking about. But it wasn't that easy to follow, though she got the gist of it.

"Do you think that's whythe clouds are covering the sky right now? Because the meeting--sorry, 'Gathering'--was interrupted by those cats?"

• Brohoof 1

"Yes and no" Slumberfur meowed "I don't think it was interrupted by them, I believe we are still the only ones who have seen them." "But I'm confident that the brown cat has something to do with this." "And if that's the case, we can expect Shadowclan to attack very soon, probably right after they return from the Gathering." 

• Brohoof 1