Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Four Cats of Apocalypse. 1x1 with Unicorncob (RP)

Catpone Cerberus

Jinx's ears lowered and her heard skipped a beat. She didn't like the idea of going to war, especially when she technically wasn't meant to be part of it.

"What do we do?" she asked him, actually sounding and looking nervous for once.

• Brohoof 1

"I will do my duty and defend my clan." Slumberfur explained "You should get inside the twoleg nest and stay hidden." "Speaking of which, we should start moving towards it, the possible attack may happen at any moment." He then started padding back towards the twoleg nest, Shadowclan could already be on Thunderclan's territory as far as they knew, they were known for their sneaking after all. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jinx sighed and followed Slumberfur away from the lake and toward the nest. She didn't like the idea of being part of a war, or even being near one.

But her ears pricked up as an idea came to her. Could she perhaps use everyone's fighting as cover to sneak back home?

A purr escaped her at the idea. She missed her comfy bed, her easy food and her humans treating her like she should be treated. But a voice in the back of her head told her that leaving her brother behind would be a bad idea.

Her ears lowered back down. With all the violent cats, little food, hearing voices in her head and now the new sensation of guilt, she was disliking this forest more and more with every passing moment.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur didn't think much about anything as they padded towards the nest, instead he focused listening around him in case of cat trying to sneak on them, he didn't want to get ambushed. When the twoleg nest came to view, Slumberfur opened his mouth to instruct Jinx to go in, but was cut short by tomcat running at him and jumping on his back, he managed to sound alarm before trying to shake the cat off him. Smaller she-cat also appeared from close by bush and attacked Jinx. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx's ears pricked up and eyelids raised as Slumberfur was struck by the sudden tom. Before she could do anything, she was pounced by a new she-cat.

The plump housecat hadn't fought a day in her life, but she still had her claws. She hastily tried to swipe at the newcomer and kick her off, yowling at her to let her go.

The two attackers were rather violent, and there was no indication that they would stop even if Slumberfur or Jinx would have pleaded mercy, but Slumberfur wasn't going to anyway, he turned on his back using his larger size as advantage, crushing the attacker so he let go and Slumberfur could turn to face him. As he got up, in the brief moment he had before the tom charged at him again, he noticed several cat going past them towards the camp, and though he couldn't see Jinx, he could tell she had been attacked too.

The she-cat fighting Jinx didn't seem effected by Jinx's efforts to fight back, in fact, she just threw insults at her while scratching her sides, and she was just going to sink her teeth in Jinx when she suddenly flew away from Jinx and Slumberfur was standing between the two she-cats. "Picking a fight with a kittypet coward?" Slumberfur hissed at the attacker before chasing her away with ease, and proceeding to push Jinx rather forcefully towards the nest before getting jumped by two new attackers..

• Brohoof 1

Jinx hissed from the scratches she received, and was relieved that Slumberfur had come to her rescue. Though she had no time to thank him, as he pushed her toward the nest.

Before she complained that it hurt, she realised what he was doing and rushed inside, trying not to think about the stinging pain on her side.

She flopped down and crawled beneath the old cloth in an attempt to hide herself.

"I hate this forest," she sighed.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur couldn't check if Jinx had gone in or not due the two cats that had attacked him at the same time, they were young cats, most likely fresh warriors, but even though they were skill- and size-wise inferior to Slumberfur, he ended up being the one losing, because their way of fighting was not one of clan cat's, no they fought like rogues, they were going for a kill. 

Slumberfur got his chance to fight the two cats away when warcry echoed in the forest, rest of Thunderclan had joined the battle, and it distracted the two cats just enough for Slumberfur fight himself up and have a fighting chance. He managed to chase them away too, but he hadn't survived without hits, and his whole body hurt from scratches all over,some bloody and some barely visible.

But Slumberfur didn't get to rest for long until he had yet another cat on top of him, he was really starting to worry about his own survival.  

• Brohoof 1

Jinx kept on cowering under the blanket, and then pricked up her ears at the sound of more cats. "Oh now what?" she sighed.

She padded to the door and poked her head out, seeing more cats had appeared and were driving out the attackers. She looked around and saw her brother was badly beat up.

She padded slowly over to him. "Ouch, you really had a rough time..." she mewed, actually sounding concerned for once.

• Brohoof 1

Slumberfur eventually chased away the newest attacker when rest of the clan reached the area, giving Slumberfur finally a chance to fall back. He padded slowly towards the twoleg nest, he was hurting all over, he had been in a fights before, but he had never been injured this much before. There was scratches everywhere, everything from bloody wound above his left eye to barely visible one in right next to his tail.

When Jinx came to him, he just murmured "Let's go in until the situation calms down."

• Brohoof 1

"That's the best thing you've said all day," Jinx agreed. Not needing to be told twice, she hastily padded for the nest and slipped inside.

She returned to the cloth and crawled beneath it, becoming a lump. "You think they're gone yet?" she murmured.

• Brohoof 1

"Probably not" Slumberfur murmured as he stopped walking and flopped onto his side to the ground with a grunt, he should have went to the camp so Moonshine could take care of the wounds, but he was too tired to go, he barely had enough energy to clean said wounds. He started lazily cleaning his wounds, "Are you aright?"

• Brohoof 1

"I'm fine," Jinx confirmed, poking her head out from beneath the cloth. "Cold, scared and hungry, but not hurt."

She sighed and lowered her hears. "How do you take living with such risk all the time? It's awful!"

• Brohoof 1

"Good then." Slumberfur meowed quietly as he kept cleaning himself, he didn't really feel like arguing now, so he replied to Jinx's question with simple answer "Like said, this is not normal." He yawned, night-fights were tiring, and getting injured didn't really help, Jinx's question made him think, what if things got even worse, what would he do then? Where could he go?

• Brohoof 1

"I should hope not," Jinx murmured, sighing and lowering her head. "I couldn't live like this all the time. I really miss my home."

Her fur bristled as a chilly breeze brushed her. "It's much warmer there too..."

Slumberfur didn't reply, he didn't really have anything to comment, he also felt the chilly breeze that came from the hole in the roof and exited through the hole they used as entrance, he missed the warriors' den in the camp, it kept the cold outside and the other cats inside made it nicely warm. Suddenly there was sounds in the entrance, someone was coming into the den, and Slumberfur got up to face the cat, but luckily it was Moonshine.

Moonshine was carrying some herbs with her, and after greetings started taking care of Slumberfur's bloody wounds. While she was doing it, she told that the battle had been terrible, that not only was most of the warriors injured, but that there was deaths too, on both sides. She also asked Slumberfur if he had seen something relating to the strange cats, and Slumberfur told about the whole Flameheart situation, he told every detail since Moonshine already knew about the kits, and because he trusted her. He also told about his theory about the four cats and Moonshine agreed that it was possible. She then got up, whispered something to Slumberfur and left without giving Jinx or Slumberfur time to say anything.

• Brohoof 1

Jinx just kept laying down as Slumberfur let Moonshine inside to tend to his wounds. She had gotten a few scratches but she wouldn't have minded the medicine cat taking a look at them for her.

When she left, the housecat flicked her tail. "I'm fine thanks, how are you?" she hissed, dripping with sarcasm.

• Brohoof 1

"You said you're not hurt." Slumberfur meowed almost confused "But if you lied, I can take look at them, Moonshine left the herbs here." "If nothing else, you can take some poppy seeds to help you sleep." Slumberfur managed to somehow sound both concerned and nonchalant at the same time, but he also looked slightly down for some reason. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"I still got some scratches," Jinx murmured, sounding more like a pouting kit than in any actual pain. "I suppose it'll be fine."

She looked at him, noticing he looked upset. "What's the problem? She didn't heal you properly?"

• Brohoof 1

"She wouldn't have done anything to those anyway, scratches heal without herbs."

Slumberfur sighed "I wish it was something that insignificant" "Moonshine warned me, apparently the situation in the camp has gotten worse." He let out a forced laugh "I have been outcasted from my home, again." 

• Brohoof 1

"They didn't chase me away, it's just that it may get dangerous for me if I go." "You know, I may die." Slumberfur meowed, sounding fake-amused in attempt to keep his anger and frustration in control "And why?" "I have no idea" "But apparently some of them think I'm getting too close with you." He walked in middle of the nest and looked at the clouded sky through the hole in the roof, this was getting ridiculous, he wasn't sure how much more he could handle before he would lose his mind like everyone else. 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx sighed and lowered her ears, starting to feel like it was her own fault he was being exiled.

"I don't understand these forest cats," she huffed. "They tell me to come here, now they punish you for helping me not get killed? Honestly!"

She lashed her tail. "Well, don't expect me to be around any longer. I'll be gone, then you can go back to your little camp." She tried to sound dismissive and snobby, but if Slumberfur was listening and looking at her, he could likely tell she was trying to help him by leaving.

• Brohoof 1

What Jinx said wasn't totally correct since it was Kitestar and Moonshine who wanted her there, while it was everyone else who were against it, but Slumberfur didn't care in this point, he walked to the herbs and took some of the poppy seeds, "You are wrong if you think it's that simple." He sighed and padded in the darkest corner of the nest, laying down face towards the corner, "But go ahead, leave me like everyone else does." he meowed before muttering "Like I would care" 

• Brohoof 1

Jinx narrowed her eyes as she stared at the wall. All of this guilt was starting to wear on her--she wasn't used to these negative emotions but she knew enough to know she hated them.

But then her ears pricked up as an idea came to her. She got up and slowly padded toward Slumberfur. "Why don't you come with me?"

• Brohoof 1