Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on the trailer?

lighteningstrike

I have a bad feeling about this movie. I dispise the animation style. We had something great going with the series and the trailer looked bad. I'm also worried that we will be getting less of a movie and more of a two parter. And Pinkie was featured too predominantly. Plus, where is Starlight? and hello, they are attacking a kingdom with 5 alicorns, one of which ALMOST DESTROYED AN ENTIRE CITY AS A FILLY! Really? And don't forget Twi vs Tirek. However, I do love the idea of the seaponies! All in all, I am excited, and will not judge a movie by its trailer. At least the soundtrack will be good, Daniel Ingram has rarely failed me in making a good song at least once. Come on MLP, don't mess up the franchise with a film. 

Yeah, I dunno. Putting aside the visual quirks which can probably be touched up between now and the premiere, this latest trailer was just too noisy for my tastes, and I don't want to watch a My Little Pony movie which is constant loud, frantic action. I feel they could make something which keeps the volume and pace of the show while still pumping it up to a cinematic scale, so it's disappointing that the people behind the trailer have decided to sell it as just another collection of bright colours and loud noises to distract children, and it's even more disappointing that the main voice cast aren't even acknowledged in the first trailer. It also doesn't really alleviate my concerns about the abundance of new characters, unfortunately. 

I quite like that the animation is hand drawn, I'm a fan of traditional animation. It's an MLP movie, I don't expect anything amazing, but I don't think it will be bad either. It will probably be an enjoyable watch. 

Hi there, @lighteningstrike! Since there is already a megathread for the movie trailer, I will need to lock this one. Thanks. :) 

Megathread: 

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked