Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming This music is so chill (hotline miami music and game)

SugarCoatxMarblePie

Hotline Miami had a freaking great soundtrack, one of my favorites after the classic sonic games.

(edited)

This one makes me cry when I am in the right mood. The context of the story is here (fair warning its got graphic violence and got language and creepy moments so if you are sensitive or squeamish don't watch.)

Starts at 19:37 into the video is the part I am talking about. Before that for this group of people when they are in the story, the mission they just did gave normal soldiers heavy casualties and this squad did the mission on their own.

But the music is copywritten so no video online shows the scene how it should, so at 22:01 press play on the music with the music at 0:21 if you wanna get the feel for it to see the context. Its one of the more memorable parts of the game due to good emotions, not like, creepy parts that are hard to forget that can be in the game as well.

Also fyi, you should right click the music and set it to loop lol

Its actually probably more emotional if you see someone failing repeatedly, because that mission is not easy at all when you play it, they are making it look easy, might not be doing it justice.

Its on hard, not done on an easy run, and they still have the music in the video, all problems solved lol, they only have 28 views but yeah lol. And no commentary it seems.

Some people prolly think, oh its just a violent game why be so emotional lol.

Also if I wanna be technical that's a terrible 'trap', they should have tanks n explosives n everything and counter-snipers and AI that are not suicidal and respond to dead bodies n stuff too. But then the game would literally be impossible.

Difficulty spike at 19:00 for the 3rd video if you wanna see them struggle.

(for immersion into the context of how suicidal the mission is anyways to feel the music better)

Edited by CuriUndersXeno

MAN the soundtrack to the games are still stuck in my head and I stopped playing them for like 2 days. *thinks* maybe it was just 1 day, but still, the tracks are SO good.

literally like a dozen tracks worth mentioning idk the names of lol, they just get stuck in my head. Like the menu music after beating a level in both games tallying your score up gets stuck in my head. Then the creepy music during psychotic moments is great for atmosphere.

(score screens)

(the creepy tune)

And theres stuff from carpenter brut and perturbator and others, its some great stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Just had got to wish that some of this is in newer Hotline Miami games. <3

Edited by Guest