Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which MLP: FiM EG movie is your favorite and why?

FallBreeze

Hey their, haven't posted here in a while! It's nice to be back. I wanted to ask what people considered their favorite of the Equestria Girls movie and why!

I personally think Legend of Everfree is the best. I love how much better the animation has gotten, and I love camping settings. I also love the fact that their were magical geodes in the first place... though perhaps canterlot high should fix their wondercolt statue...

• Brohoof 2

I would have to go with Rainbow Rocks as being my favorite of the bunch.

For starters I love the soundtrack, which I consider to be some of the best work Daniel Ingram had produced for FIM and EQG.

After that I would have to go with Sunset Shimmer for being the main reason why I love the film so much.

I never really thought much of her during the first film and thought her reformation at the end of it came out of nowhere, however Rainbow Rocks was able to make her a compelling and sympathetic character with an compelling arc that has made her one of my favorite characters.

Outside of that I would have to go with the Dazzlings being some of the best villains to come out of either FIM or EQG as well as the intense climax music battle between them and the Rainbooms for other reasons why Rainbow Rocks is my favorite installment in the Equestria Girls franchise.

• Brohoof 6

Rainbow Rocks. Sunset and Twilight shipping was glorious in that movie. Sunset actually became a character. The Dazzlings are a lot fun(we need too see them again) and some of the best songs in the series. Actually Rainbow Rocks was a fun movie, which is why I like it so much.

(edited)

I liked Friendship Games because it showed how different the human characters can be from their pony counterparts. Scitwi is everything Twilight was at the beginning of FiM but on a different context.

It also showed the growth of Sunset since Rainbow Rocks and gave us a set of new characters to explore the world beyond CHS.

The songs are also pretty good, specially Unleash the Magic and ACADECA (it still cracks me up when I see the Mona Lisa cake).

Edited by DonMaguz

(edited)

"Rainbow Rocks". I loved seeing Sunset Shimmer's complete redemption. I still get choked up a little when she casts off her jacket, symbolizing the casting off of the last of her old self, and then rises up and ponifies when she completely embraces the magic of friendship. The music made the movie so much fun! Rainbow Dash gave us her anthem to...HERSELF, and Trixie told us of no tricks up her sleeve. I liked the other movies a lot, but "Rainbow Rocks" is by far my favorite!

For weeks after I saw it the first time, "I'm awesome, take caution" was stuck in my feeble brain! i even said it aloud quite a few times, and totally confused people!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

Rainbow Rocks is the only one I unreservedly enjoy. I like the music, I like Sunset, and I like the Dazzlings. It's not rushed or messy like the first and third films, and while it's simple, it's also as well-written as one of these movies can be, and Sunset's character arc adds just enough depth. Plus, it has the only half-decent villains in the whole series. 

Oh, and I like Twilight in it more than I liked her throughout most of Seasons 4-6, so that's a big plus as well. 

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Rainbow Rocks is the only one I unreservedly enjoy. I like the music, I like Sunset, and I like the Dazzlings. It's not rushed or messy like the first and third films, and while it's simple, it's also as well-written as one of these movies can be, and Sunset's character arc adds just enough depth. Plus, it has the only half-decent villains in the whole series. 

Oh, and I like Twilight in it more than I liked her throughout most of Seasons 4-6, so that's a big plus as well. 

The Dazzlings were great. They came so close to actually taking over the human world. My one personal pet peeve about the movie, is that I do not think the "Human World" is our Earth.

(edited)

My favorite Equestria Girls movie is "Rainbow Rocks" for three reasons:

1. Rainbow Rocks has my favorite soundtrack. ("Under Our Spell" is my favorite song from the movie.)
  2. The Dazzlings are my favorite antagonists of the Equestria Girls movies, so far.
  3. I liked the final song battle between The Rainbooms & The Dazzlings.
Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

My favorite Equestria Girls movie is "Rainbow Rocks" for three reasons:

1. Rainbow Rocks has my favorite soundtrack. ("Under Our Spell" is my favorite song from the movie.)
  2. The Dazzlings are my favorite antagonists of the Equestria Girls movies, so far.
  3. I liked the final song battle between The Rainbooms & The Dazzlings.

The song battle at the end contained all of my favorite scenes.

Oh, and I just altered my signature a bit to honor Rainbow Dash. I must admit most humbly, it suits me perfectly! 

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

The Dazzlings were great. They came so close to actually taking over the human world. My one personal pet peeve about the movie, is that I do not think the "Human World" is our Earth.

I don't see that as a problem, and it's clearly meant to be mostly like our Earth. 

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Rocks is my favorite. Best soundtrack, best villain(s), best writing, and best final battle apart from Friendship Games. It's also nice to see Sunset Shimmer get some development. I didn't really enjoy her as a villain, but her redeemed self is lovable. :D And on another note, I'm glad they gave the Mane 5's some development. Their little squabbles kept the group from coming off as too "tight-knit" after only recently renewing their old friendship.

• Brohoof 2

I will admit, rainbow rocks is amazing! for me, the friendship games is my least favorite, for a variety of reasons, but i do love the song "unleash the magic."  

Any ideas on if their were to be a next EQG movie, what do you think it would be about?

Friendship Games, because Sour Sweet. ...that's pretty much why.. That and the awesome songs ^.^ But yes, Rainbow Rocks is definitely second for me, songs are just as good.

Definitely Rainbow Rocks, that movie hooked me to EQG franchise and the show. Everything about it is great, the musics are great, the characters are great, villains are awesome, the pacing is good, the writting is well-made. I will go with the details:

- Sunset redemption arc made her one of the best waifu.

- Three villains are threatning and funny at the same time, their songs are the best.

- Amazing music scores, especially villain songs.

- Twilight Sparkle is more adorkable than her S4. 

- Background character saved the day, brilliant.

It's sad that there is no other EQG movie give me a similar feeling like Rainbow Rocks did. Friendship Games is really close to be the best, Legend of Everfree is just bland and boring.

Rainbow Rocks. Incredible music, and it was so incredible and satisfying to see Sunset redeem herself in the best way possible. She became my favorite character in the whole franchise which sort of made me disappointed with FG when she was pushed aside for Human Twilight.

While the Dazzlings are extremely cliche archetypes that kind of need to die it didn't really bother me and I still liked them and their designs, and I also like how they had Trixie play like a secondary antagonist role.

The interactions between Twilight and Sunset were definitely a highlight for me, they were both struggling with how people viewed them and were trying to not let everyone down. 

I still regret not seeing it in theaters.