Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should I be more notable for my theory of MLP?

Techno Universal

Okay so I was thinking that maybe I should be possibly more notable for my seemingly impossible to create theory of MLP. Like the theory explains more than any other theory of the show can possibly explain and the way that the theory is so universal makes it seem literally impossible to exist. But still since I created the theory I have been thinking that maybe I should have a rank for it. It's something I'm highly unsure about if it's possible or not but it would be nice to have a rank that says I'm a theorist because of the theory. Anyways in the end I'm just super curious about the idea of having a rank for my theory. :)

@Techno Universal, my dear, dear friend...

I say all of what comes next to you out of nothing more than goodwill, so please understand that this is advice, NOT an attack.

FIRST: It's kinda pompous to ASK for a title - especially for a single theory.  There are folks on the 'net that have come up with COUNTLESS theories and possibilities... yet they do not have titles (unless they were given nicknames).

SECOND: Prestige for a single theory should imply that the theory has been seen, lauded and applauded by a LOT of people - and according to you, not many folks have even seen it yet.  I'd at least try for more exposure first, before trying to validate a title based on it.

THIRD: If the theory is sound and good, then you should bring it up with others for perusal - and have no fear of reprisal.  Keep in mind, there may be folks out there who can see flaws in your theory, and would point them out to you quickly; the best thing to do about that is to keep an open mind, and if they offer a counter-point to your theory, explore that.  After all, criticism CAN help you refine your theory better.  Try posting it in the Debate Pit & see what others have to say, then refine it as you see what flaws it may have... just be prepared for at least some venom and vitriol; that is the way of the DP.

FOURTH: In many cases, a title is an honorary one ONLY - they mean little to anyone other than the recipient and those who pay attention to titles; I promise you, you don't NEED one - you're awesome just the way you are.

FIFTH: If you truly want a title for your work, then prepare yourself to work HARD for it, to DEFEND for it, to CHANGE for it.  These are the things that earn recognition; theories are a dime a dozen online, but the ones that stand out the most are the ones that work the HARDEST to get their theory out there.  THOSE are the folks who earn titles - the ones who do everything they can to make themselves and their theories heard.  Yet, even THAT can't always happen... be aware of that as well.

SIXTH: You don't NEED a title to begin with - in fact, you're more likely to get one if you don't actively seek one, believe it or not.  Yeah, it's weird like that - but it's also more true than not.

Take heart, my friend - if you're truly wanting recognition for your work, then it's quite possible to earn it; you'll just have to be willing to work HARD for it.

I hope this helps explain things, and I also hope it makes you even more determined to do what you must to get that title you want... because ANYTHING can be accomplished with enough determination, work and strength of conviction.  And I'm sure you have what it takes to do so.

Thank you for your time.  *bows*

• Brohoof 2

30 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

@Techno Universal, my dear, dear friend...

I say all of what comes next to you out of nothing more than goodwill, so please understand that this is advice, NOT an attack.

FIRST: It's kinda pompous to ASK for a title - especially for a single theory.  There are folks on the 'net that have come up with COUNTLESS theories and possibilities... yet they do not have titles (unless they were given nicknames).

SECOND: Prestige for a single theory should imply that the theory has been seen, lauded and applauded by a LOT of people - and according to you, not many folks have even seen it yet.  I'd at least try for more exposure first, before trying to validate a title based on it.

THIRD: If the theory is sound and good, then you should bring it up with others for perusal - and have no fear of reprisal.  Keep in mind, there may be folks out there who can see flaws in your theory, and would point them out to you quickly; the best thing to do about that is to keep an open mind, and if they offer a counter-point to your theory, explore that.  After all, criticism CAN help you refine your theory better.  Try posting it in the Debate Pit & see what others have to say, then refine it as you see what flaws it may have... just be prepared for at least some venom and vitriol; that is the way of the DP.

FOURTH: In many cases, a title is an honorary one ONLY - they mean little to anyone other than the recipient and those who pay attention to titles; I promise you, you don't NEED one - you're awesome just the way you are.

FIFTH: If you truly want a title for your work, then prepare yourself to work HARD for it, to DEFEND for it, to CHANGE for it.  These are the things that earn recognition; theories are a dime a dozen online, but the ones that stand out the most are the ones that work the HARDEST to get their theory out there.  THOSE are the folks who earn titles - the ones who do everything they can to make themselves and their theories heard.  Yet, even THAT can't always happen... be aware of that as well.

SIXTH: You don't NEED a title to begin with - in fact, you're more likely to get one if you don't actively seek one, believe it or not.  Yeah, it's weird like that - but it's also more true than not.

Take heart, my friend - if you're truly wanting recognition for your work, then it's quite possible to earn it; you'll just have to be willing to work HARD for it.

I hope this helps explain things, and I also hope it makes you even more determined to do what you must to get that title you want... because ANYTHING can be accomplished with enough determination, work and strength of conviction.  And I'm sure you have what it takes to do so.

Thank you for your time.  *bows*

Well really in the end I wasn't exactly asking for a title but I was just curious with the details behind earning a rank. Plus I have been trying quite a bit to get my theory out there but a lot of the things stopping me from doing so are physical barriers in my real life situation. It's like I am doing a collab with a brony YouTuber about the theory but because the YouTuber has been on a holiday recently he's been extremely busy with other things so he hasn't gotten a chance to upload the video yet. Plus I'm also always looking around for criticism on the theory so I can improve on things that I can't see are problems myself. Anyways maybe doing a criticism topic on my theory in the debate pit would probably be a good idea when I think about it so I'll probably start the topic later today! Plus when I'm older I'm planning to have a presentation at Bronycon about the theory to really get it out there but for now I'm stuck with my family in Melbourne Australia because I'm only 16. :)

• Brohoof 1

Taking good advice to heart and acting on it is a great step in the right direction.

Look around a good bit at other folks here who have theories - there's a decent chance you could happen across someone who could help you out with more focused definition of your idea, and you could make a new friend by asking for help - so, bonus there.

And as for the Debate Pit?  Well... as I said, it can get REALLY harsh in there - but if you're willing to deal with some backlash, there's actually a lot you could learn simply by noting other opinions, and moulding your theory to stand up to criticism better.  There's no shame at all in refining your theory - after all, the better you make it, the more attention it'll garner, I believe.

And don't say you're too young - there's a plethora of young folks (some younger than you) who are highly intelligent and motivated to get things accomplished.  Even if you can't make a presentation for BronyCon, you CAN make a slideshow presentation and post it to YouTube, which can potentially reach even more folks that BronyCon can.

Put the energy into it, and it will come alive; just look what Lauren Faust did with determination and a bunch of candy-colored ponies.  :P

2 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

Taking good advice to heart and acting on it is a great step in the right direction.

Look around a good bit at other folks here who have theories - there's a decent chance you could happen across someone who could help you out with more focused definition of your idea, and you could make a new friend by asking for help - so, bonus there.

And as for the Debate Pit?  Well... as I said, it can get REALLY harsh in there - but if you're willing to deal with some backlash, there's actually a lot you could learn simply by noting other opinions, and moulding your theory to stand up to criticism better.  There's no shame at all in refining your theory - after all, the better you make it, the more attention it'll garner, I believe.

And don't say you're too young - there's a plethora of young folks (some younger than you) who are highly intelligent and motivated to get things accomplished.  Even if you can't make a presentation for BronyCon, you CAN make a slideshow presentation and post it to YouTube, which can potentially reach even more folks that BronyCon can.

Put the energy into it, and it will come alive; just look what Lauren Faust did with determination and a bunch of candy-colored ponies.  :P

Okay so I have come across a number of theories already that try to explain the whole show but still when I compere there's to mine it seems like my theory always explains absolutely everything in the show. Plus the theory is even compatible with new things in the show that pop up in new episodes so that's something different right there. Anyways because of how I'm an extremely logical thinker I can pretty much tell the difference between opinions and legitimate criticism. Like I can ignore the things that are just purely illogical statements and I'll see the real criticism behind it that's mixed in. Plus I'll think very deeply about criticism to verify if it's actually a problem or not. Plus the only issue is that my parents will strictly not allow me to have a YouTube account until I'm 18. It's just they are extremely fearful over the bad and disturbing stuff on YouTube and they don't want me to be exposed to the explicitly bad comments as they don't believe I can ignore them. Anyways I really am determined on my theory but it's just the only things in the way are physical barriers like my parents and still I could betray my parents with secretary creating a YouTube channel but I don't think I can go that far yet. :)

• Brohoof 1

Then my advice, instead of secret YouTubing, would be to use the next two years to gather input, research, and refine your theory.  Get your presentation together, and see what it would take to get everything going.

In other words, use the time to prepare for your 18th birthday - when you can officially put your theory on YT.  By that time (if you work hard enough), your theory should be close to perfected.

Of course, there's always the idea of having a fellow YouTuber put it up on THEIR channel as well - maybe your theory would bring more subscribers to them, who knows?

If you want it bad enough, I promise you there's a way to do it WITHOUT breaking any rules; you just have to be determined to find it.

8 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

Then my advice, instead of secret YouTubing, would be to use the next two years to gather input, research, and refine your theory.  Get your presentation together, and see what it would take to get everything going.

In other words, use the time to prepare for your 18th birthday - when you can officially put your theory on YT.  By that time (if you work hard enough), your theory should be close to perfected.

Of course, there's always the idea of having a fellow YouTuber put it up on THEIR channel as well - maybe your theory would bring more subscribers to them, who knows?

If you want it bad enough, I promise you there's a way to do it WITHOUT breaking any rules; you just have to be determined to find it.

Yeah it's like for now @Star Gear is doing a video on my theory but he hasn't been able to upload it just yet because of how busy he has been. But according to what he's told me he should be uploading the video sometime today but there's no guarantee though that he's going to be able to upload it today. Anyways I'm sort of already braking a rule with being on MLP forums but that doesn't matter because of how much the forums have helped me thrive and discover/open myself in the last year. Like I'm a lot happier than ever before with being on the forums. :)

• Brohoof 1