Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Sunset Rose

2 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Has there ever been a foreign culture that you've been interested in and have studied extensively and attempted to learn the language of?

That's a good question! Unfortunately I haven't been able to do that kind of traveling very often and often times relationships between the ponies of Equestria and dragons or yaks or changelings or hippogryphs are still developing and to my knowledge most if not all of them speak the Ponish language natively. Well, except for the yaks of Yakyakistan. It would be interesting to know how their language works.

If I had to choose... I would want to know more about the breezies. They have a very whimsical nature and learning from them is very difficult, so that would be a rather prized bit of research if one could ever get it started.

14 minutes ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

How many languages do you speak?

I can only speak Ponish, Sherbert. I have been interested in learning the Old Ponish tongue but it's not been high on my to-do list. :)

(In person I can speak 4 either fluently or semi-fluently. Latviešu valoda ir mana dzimtā valoda. Kalbėdamas lietuvių kalba, lengva žinoti latvių kalbą. English is my mother's native language so I learned it growing up, and in the case of semi-fluently, võin rääkida natuke eesti keelt. I do know a bit about many other languages, but it's mostly from friends who speak them (Russian, Portuguese, Spanish, Polish) or having fleeting interests in them.)

10 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

I can only speak Ponish, Sherbert. I have been interested in learning the Old Ponish tongue but it's not been high on my to-do list. :)

(In person I can speak 4 either fluently or semi-fluently. Latviešu valoda ir mana dzimtā valoda. Kalbėdamas lietuvių kalba, lengva žinoti latvių kalbą. English is my mother's native language so I learned it growing up, and in the case of semi-fluently, võin rääkida natuke eesti keelt. I do know a bit about many other languages, but it's mostly from friends who speak them (Russian, Portuguese, Spanish, Polish) or having fleeting interests in them.)

Awesome!

1 hour ago, Sunset Rose said:

Gardening and traveling are at the top of my list. And by traveling I mean heading too and from the Everfree Forest. It is still a bit of a trip to make from here to there. ^ ^
When I'm not working on research, I like to garden. It's very relaxing to me.

If there's a fire going then it's probably winter, if it's winter I am thinking about Hearth's Warming so it is probably one of those old pony's tales about the windigos or about the spirit of Hearth's Warming. ^ ^

Sounds like fun. Do you have a favorite part of your garden?

Hopefully you have a large mug of cocoa for when your read your book. 

36 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

Sounds like fun. Do you have a favorite part of your garden?

(I need to have it drawn up at some point!) I really like the fruiting plants like tomatoes. They're easy make grow quickly and get so colorful!

(edited)

Greetings, @Sunset Rose!

I humbly accept your request to be appointed the President of the Canterlot chapter of the Official Twilight Sparkle Book/Fan Club! 

Congratulations!

Your Friend,

Princess Twilight Sparkle

PS: "What will your first act be as President of my book/fan club?" 

full.gif

Edited by Sparklefan1234

15 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

(I need to have it drawn up at some point!) I really like the fruiting plants like tomatoes. They're easy make grow quickly and get so colorful!

That sounds lovely. I bet you love to lay in the garden with the fragrances of all the fruit plants. I used to help  my mother with her garden. She loved plants.

8 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Greetings, @Sunset Rose!

I humbly accept your request to be appointed the President of the Canterlot chapter of the Official Twilight Sparkle Book/Fan Club! 

Congratulations!

Your Friend,

Princess Twilight Sparkle

PS: "What will your first act be as President of my book/fan club?" 

full.gif

(I was going to say something silly, but how about a practical answer? :)

Blue Mind is something I highly suggest we read together. It's not quite what I would call self-help but it's more of a therapeutic read that extols the virtues of living your life in, around and with water. A modern favorite of mine. ^ ^)

7 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

That sounds lovely. I bet you love to lay in the garden with the fragrances of all the fruit plants. I used to help  my mother with her garden. She loved plants.

When I first moved into my own home in Canterlot it was from the dorms of Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, which I had pretty much turned into a greenhouse. My first few days in this home were terrible- I have always lived my life surrounded by flora and this home had none when I first moved in. I am now a firm believer that surrounding yourself with such life brings a bounty of tranquility and peace of mind that you wouldn't otherwise have had. It's more than just a hobby for me. As corny as it sounds, it is a vital way of life. ^ ^

5 hours ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Okay, a couple of questions:

1. What is your favourite all time food
  2. What is your all time favourite game?

Ooh, that's a good one because that answer just keeps changing. The past year or so you could say pumpkin soup is at the top of that list, I seem to always be craving it. A bowl of soup with something crispy and flaky for a side, mmm!

To your second question... Well I do like playing cards from time to time but I guess I'm not really into games, sadly.

(But I like them! Hmm, favorite game... Well @PathfinderCS and I share a liking for the Dark Souls games, but I can't call that an all-time favorite. It doesn't satisfy my want for cute things. Disgaea is a great series that I like, Monster Hunter is fantastic and I like several JRPGs like Star Ocean and Final Fantasy. I would have to say the series I've put the most time into is probably Pokemon though. I've been playing since it released in Europe and I've been hooked ever since. :))

2 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

To your second question... Well I do like playing cards from time to time but I guess I'm not really into games, sadly.

(But I like them! Hmm, favorite game... Well @PathfinderCS and I share a liking for the Dark Souls games, but I can't call that an all-time favorite. It doesn't satisfy my want for cute things. Disgaea is a great series that I like, Monster Hunter is fantastic and I like several JRPGs like Star Ocean and Final Fantasy. I would have to say the series I've put the most time into is probably Pokemon though. I've been playing since it released in Europe and I've been hooked ever since. :))

Oh? Maybe you and I need to try a game of chess. Cuz I like chess and am really bad at it, and all the other ponies & deer beat me. Maybe I could win against you...maybe not. D:

(No cute in Dark Souls? Yah sure about that? ;) )

Just now, PathfinderCS said:

Oh? Maybe you and I need to try a game of chess. Cuz I like chess and am really bad at it, and all the other ponies & deer beat me. Maybe I could win against you...maybe not. D:

(No cute in Dark Souls? Yah sure about that? ;) )

(The game is too atmosphirically dark to be able to appreciate any cute things in it. Which include... well that list isn't very long and I don't even know where to get started on it in the first place. :p )

Maybe you could! One day we'll see.

3 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

(The game is too atmosphirically dark to be able to appreciate any cute things in it. Which include... well that list isn't very long and I don't even know where to get started on it in the first place. :p )

Maybe you could! One day we'll see.

(That will be the focus of your next Dark Souls or Dark Souls III playthrough; FIND THE CUTE! :P )

Sounds like a plan! ^^

(edited)
On 6/27/2018 at 5:59 AM, Sunset Rose said:

(I was going to say something silly, but how about a practical answer? :)

Blue Mind is something I highly suggest we read together. It's not quite what I would call self-help but it's more of a therapeutic read that extols the virtues of living your life in, around and with water. A modern favorite of mine. ^ ^)

Be one with the water, Twilight... 

a83.gif 

How am I doing?

Edited by Sparklefan1234

6 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Be one with the water, Twilight... 

a83.gif 

How am I doing?

Hah! You're doing it pretty well, Twi. :p

2 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

Hah! You're doing it pretty well, Twi. :p

As you can see, it is *impossible* for me to read your book while I'm in the water.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can improve my ability to read while swimming? :twi:

26 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

As you can see, it is *impossible* for me to read your book while I'm in the water.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can improve my ability to read while swimming? :twi:

You could try levitating the book while you are submersed!

1 minute ago, Gone Airbourne said:

What's your favorite kind of animal?

I am really interested in the timberwolves of the Everfree Forest. They are rather ferocious creatures, but endlessly fascinating.

timberwolves_by_mlp_silver_quill-d8etkji

On 6/28/2018 at 8:35 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Sunset Rose "Where is your favorite place to vacation in Equestria?"

I may live in Canterlot but I am from Trottingham. I think I like that most. ^ ^

10 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

What is your favorite Latvian food? 

(Mmmmm, food that is strictly Latvian? Probably rasols. Is kind of like potato salad, but much better. We share a lot of food with other Baltic countries and Russia. Latvia is admittedly notorious for having... eclectic cuisine. :p)

34 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

What was your childhood dream?

Oooh, that's a really good question. I was still a huge literature and botanical nerd when I was a filly but I also had a gift with magic and was trying my best to take advantage of it. When I as very little I always had a dream of being one of the most whimsical illusionists in Equestria with some of the most awe-inspiring magic Canterlot had ever seen!

I obviously grew out of it. ^ ^;

But it was a very big dream of mine that drove me for quite a while.