Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming WTF?! @ Diablo3 Whimsyshire

PixiGlow

(edited)

All in all, I like this video, Rarity Fan posted in the Diablo III discussion thread.

Extreme cussing... but it's extremely funny as well.

[media=]http-~~-//youtu.be/LB0XHZ7Ee1o[/media]

And Seeing the "ponies" close up - they are not really like ANY of the generations of MLP, aside from coloring.

So I think I can live with that. I probably won't mind chopping off some Care Bear heads while singing the old theme song tho.

"Do the carebears countdown ... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1"

To me it's just a nod to MLP. I mean, what do you expect them to do? Mod in a place called Equestria where you set aside your weapons and eat cupcakes instead? That would make all the hardcore rpgers rage.

Well, this is DIABLO after all. I didn't expect my character to walk into equestria and just eat a glorious cupcake. I only expected him to kill everything in his path. The point is that this is just a joke, and I'm pretty sure there has to be at least one brony that works at blizzard.

AND --- THESE PONIES DROP CUPCAKES!

I can only imagine Pinkie dropping a cupcake over her own dead body....er, whoops. :unsure:

Diablo gave name to the HnS.

I think it's fair to call it that since it named a genre.

Every person who ever played Baldur's Gate is crying now.

Every HnS has RPG elements, that does not make them RPG's.

Best you can call it is linear as far as char development goes.

Usually RPG's have some sort of freedom associated with them, D3 is a rigid dungeon crawler that follows a storyline/pathing set in stone.

Posted Image Edited by PixiGlow

I am seriously tired of people claiming it's something to do with MLP.

Diablo 3 has been in production for over a decade guys, MLP has been wildly popular for less than two years ... get over yourselves.

Whimsyshire is in place directly as a response to all the people crying over the fact that Diablo 3 looks much less 'dark' than the previous two. So Blizzard, being their usual sarcastic selves, added in a level that is overly bright and cheerful to be as sarcastic as possible.

Do you know why we have a Cow Level in Diablo 2? Because in response to all the speculation of one in Diablo 1, Blizzard was extremely sarcastic and added it in.

So please, get off your high hor-- pony, and stop thinking that everything has to relate to technicolor ponies.

• Brohoof 2

I am seriously tired of people claiming it's something to do with MLP.

Diablo 3 has been in production for over a decade guys, MLP has been wildly popular for less than two years ... get over yourselves.

Whimsyshire is in place directly as a response to all the people crying over the fact that Diablo 3 looks much less 'dark' than the previous two. So Blizzard, being their usual sarcastic selves, added in a level that is overly bright and cheerful to be as sarcastic as possible.

Do you know why we have a Cow Level in Diablo 2? Because in response to all the speculation of one in Diablo 1, Blizzard was extremely sarcastic and added it in.

So please, get off your high hor-- pony, and stop thinking that everything has to relate to technicolor ponies.

I'm seriously tired of people who don't read threads just look at the title "might" read the OP and think they know what everything's about.

So I guess we're even. :lol:

Not trying to be rude but cmon, I just posted a retracting-statement-of-sorts (and mostly because ponies can't seem to get past the freaking title) 12 hours before you posted, and there's only 1 post in between yours and mine.

I'm seriously tired of people who don't read threads just look at the title "might" read the OP and think they know what everything's about.

So I guess we're even. :lol:

Not trying to be rude but cmon, I just posted a retracting-statement-of-sorts (and mostly because ponies can't seem to get past the freaking title) 12 hours before you posted, and there's only 1 post in between yours and mine.

Did I specially say I was talking to you? No. Didn't even quote you.

Just a general statement of how nearly everyone claims it has something to do with MLP, which it doesn't.

This certainly isn't hate. It was even on EqD. This was a shoutout to bronies by Blizzard, nothing more.

No, no it is not.

This thread should be renamed as "WTF?! Ponies in a BLIZZARD games!"

There's still no evidence that killing colourful horses in a game means that you hate FiM. Bah, most of the time bronies can't even stand to look at a real, naked horse

Did I specially say I was talking to you? No. Didn't even quote you.

You replied with your opinion to the thread I created, but you didn't even read any of it. :lol:

This thread should be renamed as "WTF?! Ponies in a BLIZZARD games!"

There's still no evidence that killing colourful horses in a game means that you hate FiM. Bah, most of the time bronies can't even stand to look at a real, naked horse

I would love to rename it, especially since no pony can get over the words in the title, but I don't believe I have that power.

Any mods wanna do that? Rename to "WTF?! @ Diablo 3 Whimsyshire" - cuz we have already established that the ponies and care bears are "knockoffs".

Okay, after having to sit through that and watching my fiance play, its more a joke on G1 and G2, though I think it is all in good fun to me. Then again, I have always funny that people have made fun of the old ponies, lol....don't feel insulted, just feel that it is just a nod to us and also the fact that there are MLP fans who do play.

Great level :) !

Get a sense of a humor (;

in 2008 fans were complaining about D3 looking too cartoonish and colourful,

so it's a piss off to those people :P ~