Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming WTF?! @ Diablo3 Whimsyshire

PixiGlow

(edited)

Hey, in lots of games you can kill some horses. Even in Age of Mythology you can kill lots of pegasus :huh:

Unless these colourful horses got a cutie mark, it's not a problem

E: Just finished watched the video, friggin hilarious Posted Image

It's just a reference. You can't really hopes that Blizzard set the horses as NPCs. It's either items or wild mobs

Edited by Weyland

(edited)

Pink and Purple Unicorns? Enemies named "Midnight Sparkle"? And "Nightmare is Magic"?

if it was just horses instead of cows and they weren't clearly alluding to MLP - fine.

But they are.

Edited by PixiGlow

I find this more awesome than anything else. Remember Diablo has always been a violent series, and they would not risk loosing a fan base just to 'hate' on us. So no, expecting anything else from them than this is wishful thinking.

• Brohoof 2

I think it would have to be a little bit more targeted to be considered actual hating on this fandom.

I personally see it as more of a joke as it is vague.

It's a joke, I believe. And the reference is more to the G1 and G2 ponies by the look of it. This is kind of an overreaction for this, or so I think ^^ If they do something like this, it doesn't mean somepony hates it, right?

...and to think that I trusted Activiison all this time..... –_(

Oh well, I don't hate them now, I just kinda like them a little less....

It's a joke, I believe. And the reference is more to the G1 and G2 ponies by the look of it. This is kind of an overreaction for this, or so I think ^^ If they do something like this, it doesn't mean somepony hates it, right?

Obviously the made it look that way to not break the copyright from Hasbro. There is mini-boss monsters with the names Midnight Sparkle, Nightmare is Magic.

On topic, i don't mind this at all.. I think it's funny that Blizzard take references from all kind of media.

• Brohoof 2

this is less Blizzard hating on MLP and targeting hate towards the fanbase and more of Blizzard taking a stab towards the fans who thought that Diablo III were too cartoony looking compared to its older games. so then they went the "oh, cartoony? okay fine then here you go, have some cartoony." route.

of course they reference the show with stuff like "Nightmare is Magic" and "Midnight Sparkle", but i really think they're more taking a stab at the fans who found the game's artstyle to be too cartoony than taking a stab at the bronies with that level.

• Brohoof 2

Obviously the made it look that way to not break the copyright from Hasbro. There is mini-boss monsters with the names Midnight Sparkle, Nightmare is Magic.

I actually find this even more amusing after this... :lol:

Well, everypony doesn't have the same humour, alright~

(edited)

As everyone have stated, This is a joke!

A simple joke. Blizzard dont mean any ''harm'' to us bronies.

Edited by Vicke
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

It seemed like your implying that you view all girly stuff as MLP:FIM, but the names, not offending to me. Anyways I would find this actually fun

Edited by Narutardedscum!!

On topic, i don't mind this at all.. I think it's funny that Blizzard take references from all kind of media.

^^

It seemed like your implying that you view all girly stuff as MLP:FIM, but the names, not offending to me. Anyways I would find this actually fun

I'm the last person who would ever imply MLP:FiM as "girly" ~ maybe you never saw my profile or my welcome post, but I grew up with the G1 ponies. And I have stated several times how weak and pathetic and boring they were.

@ ALL - "hating" is not a literal term here.

You are all making it seem like I think that Mike Morhaime shouted down, "Let us kill My Little Ponies in our next game - Devs make it so!"

I think not. I worked for Blizzard. I know how they are.

& the fact is that if they wanted to push back or whatever you wanna call it - against people calling it too cartoony - they could have chosen plenty of other cartoon - styles to emulate.

Maybe some of YOU are the ones overreacting - to the title of the post. :blink:

Yes I understand it's a joke. So was my title. I was more offended over this video on youtube -

BE WARNED THIS IS REALLY GROSS - WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK AND PLEASE NOT BEFORE OR AFTER EATING!

However, I just don't find slaying unicorns and watching their blood and guts pop all over the screen as very funny, especially when they are oh so obviously making fun of MLP.

I play World of Warcraft and let me tell you, plenty of their player base could use a little "Love and Tolerance". A LOT of it.

I'm just saying - Slay demons, fight Diablo, hell you can kill critters all day long, but ... "you better think before you laugh at the Pink...ie Pie!"

[media=]http-~~-//youtu.be/-Ap09YWi86M

Just don't mess with my ponies. :(

• Brohoof 2

seems like the OP is being a bit sensitive... remember that Diablo 3 has been in development for 11 years and that before FiM existed then MLP was just a crappy girl's show to sell toys.

• Brohoof 1